Ben Askrin. UFC betrayed fans not signing him.

Meh

If i wanted to complain about them not signing someone - it was Fedor, after that fuck up I don't really care.
they didn't sign Fedor due to Fedor and his stupid fucking manager Vadim Finkelstein wanting to do shit like merge M-1 with the UFC. Ben was a top flight WW that shouldn't have been to hard to sign I guess having GSP on top was one wrestling based fighter too much.

Amax
borning wrestler.. no thanks.. okay hes not that boring.. but a wrestler.
I can't believe replies like this. Ben Askren is a wrestling savant, never been anyone like him, fascinating to watch. Undefeatable. Like a music academy rejecting Mozart or John Lennon.

I don't know if he would have signed with the UFC or not, but Dana should have kept his mouth shut.

It's a shame. Askren may have done well financially, but in terms of MMA legacy, he'll just be brought up in speculation from time to time.

Absolutely. He’s clearly one of the best grapplers out there.
Thats why he dominated Koreshkov in a title fight. Landing 248 strikes to 1. Finished 6 of his last 7 fights by KO or Sub.

You dont know what you're watching or just parroting the other sheep.

EDIT* Finished 7 of his last 8. Just KO'd Aoki in the first minute

That guys an idiot. Bens scrambles and top game are the shit and I’m usually not crazy about wrestlers.
Askren is a hell of a fighter and it’s a loss to mma fans

Go watch his fights to see what he could have been. He's a very poor fighter and most likely wouldn't have been able to survive in the UFC.

I think Dana was legit afraid he'd earn a title fight or even possibly win the title. Bellator didn't want him back because he was truly a boring champion. That says a lot really.

Absolutely. He’s clearly one of the best grapplers out there.

That guys an idiot. Bens scrambles and top game are the shit and I’m usually not crazy about wrestlers.
Askren is a hell of a fighter and it’s a loss to mma fans

Who cares just a buncha hunks anyway

Me too because he would've eventually got beat in the UFC Dana let that douche get out with a undeafeted record lol

Meh, he deserved a chance but I didn't lose any sleep not watching any of fights. I think there is a boring joke in there...

Not a fan of the guy. Would have liked to see him sign if UFC just to humble him a bit.

They didnt want an even more boring champ than GSP by signing him. Then they got woodley lol.

he proposed to fight his first fight with them for free...
they said no
after that he was bitter and said alot of bad things about dana and the ufc
He said he would fight for free then also said they need to give him a fair offer. Those two don't go hand in hand.

The reason he never fought in the UFC is Bellator wanted to use Askren to legitmize their WW division and Askren tried to helped them to achieve that. It was obvious to anyone with .01% of a brain that would make it so he wouldn't get signed.

Had Askren said he is willing to work his way up the rankings and not run his mouth to help Bjorn he would have been signed.

Source of him telling Joe Silva he didn’t want to go the the UFC, please.
It was Ben Askren in an interview. Can't google?

Since you are clearly clueless I will fill you in on what happened.

Bjorn wanted Askren gone and wanted to legitmize his WW division. He tried to kill 2 birds with one stone by saying Ben needed an immediate title shot because he was BFC champion trying to make being BFC matter by having the UFC play his game. The UFC is obviously not going to help their competition and wanted Ben to work his way up, so that after a few fights he was not the BFC champ but a UFC fighter when and if he got a title shot. Ben apparently did not want to be in the UFC because he tried to help Bjorn when it was obvious to anyone who was not a complete dumbass it was going to prevent the UFC from signing him.

UFC did not sign him because of Askren helping Bjorn. Dana said go get a few fights in WSoF so that when the UFC signed him he would be a WSoF fighter not a BFC fighter. As soon as Askren was in OneFC Dana said he was interested. Ben told Dana to go fuck himself.

Then Askren happened to sit next to Joe Silva and a picture was posted of them together and Askren immediately said he had no intention of fighting in the UFC. Askren's actions are the actions of ..
A) A total moron
B) A guy who wanted to use UFC negotiations to get his name out there and make money elsewhere.
Which of those is Ben?

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/3/30/...at-bus-ride-with-ufc-matchmaker-joe-silva-mma

People keep spouting that line but Andrey had 13 pro fights at the time and Askren had 11. If anything Askren evolved his grappling to deal with strikers. And its ridiculous to say any pro fighter should have 100% finishes regardless of org, especially for championship fights.
in ONE FC you should

Didn’t Bellator just let him walk even while he was their reigning champion?

It sounds like overpriced stock to me.

Meh

If i wanted to complain about them not signing someone - it was Fedor, after that fuck up I don't really care.
Thing is, Fedor was asking for Conor demands (ability to co-promote and millions), while being a relative PPV flop, while Askren was being very reasonable. Also, Fedor was already on his way out while Askren was in his prime, and with recent developments suggesting how elite Bellator's WW's are, it makes the lack of signing look even more asinine.

Didn’t Bellator just let him walk even while he was their reigning champion?

It sounds like overpriced stock to me.
Those were the Bjorn days tho. Askren already cleaned out their WW division and no one could touch him. Plus, the fans complaining about Askren grapple raping everybody did nothing to bolster his demands and wanting to be paid what a fighter of his class should be paid. Askren was also the only fighter since Tito to give it back to Dana and not be bullied.

I still hope UFC offers him a nice pay day for two more fights. He is the Khaib of WW.

Back