Ben Askrin. UFC betrayed fans not signing him.

Your right, i guess i meant the Fertittas or whoever was running the show. My apologies m8
Fedor didn't do any negotiations. He was offered the best contract in UFC history where the UFC caved to almost every demand M-1 had, but M-1 wanted 50-50 co promotion, basically Fedor would be an M-1 fighter fighting in the UFC. It was ridiculous. M-1 and Fedor for allowing it to happen are to blame.

Fedor didn't do any negotiations. He was offered the best contract in UFC history where the UFC caved to almost every demand M-1 had, but M-1 wanted 50-50 co promotion, basically Fedor would be an M-1 fighter fighting in the UFC. It was ridiculous. M-1 and Fedor for allowing it to happen are to blame.
Ahh, gotcha

Yeah, that may be true. I've never dug into the dealings in detail. Still had a pretty decent career for himself outside the UFC. It's good that top level fighters potentially have other options.
Yeah I like him so good for him, he didn't take much damage and made some good money.
"The Joe Silva picture, it was just like ... that was the only seat left on bus when I got on. So I sat down and you know, obviously it was kind of awkward so I made the best of a not-so-great situation and kind of had a laugh of it. As soon as I sat down I said ‘if you’re going to make a proposition to me, the answer is no’.

Ducked by a whole organization. If Dana truly believed he wasn’t all that, he would’ve signed him and let his “bad motherfuckers” prove it...but he didn’t trust his boys and was scared shitless of Askren. He passed on Ben for the same reason Bellator passed on re-upping with him. He dominated the fighters they wanted to rise to the top. Lol...Robbie Lawler is a clean sweep for Askren

He knew the shills don’t know the difference
Except none of that has any basis in fact.

Pulling guard on Askren, Lol!

Best move of the fight = what happened afterwards to his coaches.

Yeah yeah yeah, it was Ben who turned down the UFC and said “they aren’t my kind of org”

Known shill shilling
I just quoted Ben. Here are some more good quotes.

Here Ben is saying he wanted to be paid fairly.
I mean, the only thing that he could possibly equate with that is I said: if I do go to the UFC, I want to be paid fairly.

Here Ben was saying he would fight for free.
I would fight for free and retire from the sport of MMA because that's how confident I am that I will beat Rory MacDonald.

So which is it? How can they not offer enough if he would fight for free?

Meh

If i wanted to complain about them not signing someone - it was Fedor, after that fuck up I don't really care.

Blame M-1. UFC conceded practically every demand save for co-promotion.

Blame M-1. UFC conceded practically every demand save for co-promotion.
I'm aware, the sentiment remains.

I couldn't give a fuck who they don't sign, missing out on Fedor for whatever reason makes everything else after it lesser.

I bet Dana and co feel the same, despite M1 torpedoing the deal.

I just quoted Ben. Here are some more good quotes.

Here Ben is saying he wanted to be paid fairly.

Here Ben was saying he would fight for free.

So which is it? How can they not offer enough if he would fight for free?

That’s your big proof? That Ben wasn’t serious about fighting for free?

I know the UFC are cheapskates but I doubt that was a deal breaker.

Also, they never even offered him a contract and Dana himself didn’t give any indication it was about money.

“He’s not my kind of guy” and then insulted Askren by suggesting he go to WSOF to what, get better, when everybody knows he’d dominate most of the UFC top 10. Then turned around later after Ben was exclusive to ONE and acted like Askren didn’t want to come to the UFC.

Get away from my door, salesman.

That’s your big proof? That Ben wasn’t serious about fighting for free?
No my proof is he flat out told Joe Silva he had no interest in the UFC. My proof is when Bellator tried to use Ben Askren as a pawn to bring exposure Askren jumped on board 100% ensuring he would not be signed by the UFC.

Had Askren not played games with Bjorn against the UFC he would have been signed. Askren killed his chance to get an immediate signing and then after that he flat out said he had no interest in the UFC.

As soon as I sat down I said ‘if you’re going to make a proposition to me, the answer is no’.

I agree, but I think Askren never wanted any part of the UFC.

he proposed to fight his first fight with them for free...
they said no
after that he was bitter and said alot of bad things about dana and the ufc

You betrayed him, by not spelling his name right.

No my proof is he flat out told Joe Silva he had no interest in the UFC. My proof is when Bellator tried to use Ben Askren as a pawn to bring exposure Askren jumped on board 100% ensuring he would not be signed by the UFC.

Had Askren not played games with Bjorn against the UFC he would have been signed. Askren killed his chance to get an immediate signing and then after that he flat out said he had no interest in the UFC.

Source of him telling Joe Silva he didn’t want to go the the UFC, please.

I hope that wasn’t Dana White or Joe Silva who said that.

They were trying to play the angle of a) Askren not wanting to be there or b)Askren not being good enough anyway cause Bellator sucks...hence the “not my kind of guy” and WSOF dig

Ben went on an anti-UFC crusade after they ducked him and insulted him with that WSOF filth...and then lied and acted like he ducked them. Ben was a mark, because he originally believed the UFC wanted the best..but that illusion was shattered. Then they insulted him after they proved they only wanted a select type of best fighter..why should Ben Askren want to deal with such snakes again?

Also, no entertainment for Bjorn and Ben collusion. Bellator ducked Ben as well.

I feel like he would have ended up like a lot of other stars that came over. Having big highs and some lows. Looking good, but not as good as he was elsewhere.

Back