Belfort justifies TRT usage

when did I target certain guys? Read my post about how this is the only sport where it's accepted.

TRT is a joke and magically ONLY mma fighters are pro athletes that seem to need TRT...kinda funny right?

Well said, this is what I was trying to express in my post as well.
MMA looks like a joke right now with all this blatant TRT abuse going on.

Show someone the fights of Vitor Belfort, Todd Duffee, Sonnen or Rampage when they were "lacking testosterone" and try to explain to them why a doctor decided they were in drastic need of synthetic testosterone and why the athletic commission would allow it.

Here is a question ... why should people NOT take something that makes them young again?

If you are never 40 ... why wouldn't you want to feel like 25 again?

It's available for everyone ... so what's the problem?

People are on creatine and whey protein ... are these really any different?

Because aging is part of the sport, with age comes experiences. You get older, you get slower, it gets harder to get up and train for 5 hours a day. It's what happens. If you're 40 you should be feeling like you're 40, not 25. Everybody has their glory years

I'll say it for the third time in this thread

Kind of funny that ONLY mma athletes out of all professional sports need TRT.

Your posts are naive homie, plain and simple. Grow up, get common sense, and realize your favorite fighters are cheats.

And you still didn't address my point of you having absolutely no proof at all of anything you're saying. The only person that needs to get some common sense is you, again, if you don't understand why making baseless accusations with no proof whatsoever is a problem.

And, for the record, homie, I don't like Vitor Belfort. I rooted for Bisping over him. I don't care about him at all, and I don't like TRT. But the witchhunt shit you people are pulling is absolutely pathetic. You don't know any of these people so unless you have proof that Vitor or anybody on TRT needs it because of steroids, just shut up.

"It's hard," he said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "I cannot explain why I need something. It's just, the doctors, you know, just they said that I need [TRT].

This is the part that gets me. Why can't you say why you need it? Something caused you to go see a doctor and have you T level checked. Was it chronic fatigue? More aches and pains after training than you were used to? I can't imagine that you were rolling along and everything was dandy, had some routine bloodwork done, and had the docs come back and say "Hey you need TRT." "Who me? I feel fine, but if you say so, doc."

Make friends with a doctor hell even a nurse practitioner and they will prescribe you whatever the hell you want provided you come in and they make a chart.

It does prove that he is a cheater and a liar, that he has been caught using steroids and it does prove that you're naive if you believe that he needs trt for medical reasons.

So let me understand this. If a person does something earlier in life that now causes him to need medicine, he shouldn't be allowed to take the medicine cause he brought it on himself? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. If a kid eats a ton of sugar and later grows up to be a diabetic, do we now say, gee, you brought this on yourself, so we will with hold insulin or whatever medicine he may need. Sorry, thats not how things work. We go by the here and now. If a person needs a medicine, he gets it. simple.

Those who say other sports don't allow trt is full of crap. They just don't tell anyone. simple. As long as you test in the normal range, how will anyone know?

So let me understand this. If a person does something earlier in life that now causes him to need medicine, he shouldn't be allowed to take the medicine cause he brought it on himself? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. If a kid eats a ton of sugar and later grows up to be a diabetic, do we now say, gee, you brought this on yourself, so we will with hold insulin or whatever medicine he may need. Sorry, thats not how things work. We go by the here and now. If a person needs a medicine, he gets it. simple.

Those who say other sports don't allow trt is full of crap. They just don't tell anyone. simple. As long as you test in the normal range, how will anyone know?

A medicine that gives you advantage over other fighters? Come on.

You don't know any of these people so unless you have proof that Vitor or anybody on TRT needs it because of steroids, shut the hell up.

Because people with naturally low testosterone look like this

0__14668799-gdv_00.jpg

It's not baseless accusations. Hence the reason why Keith Kizer from the Nevada State Athletic Commission has already stated Vitor and other previously caught steroid users will never be granted TRT exemption in the state of Nevada because of past steroid use, do DOCTORS stating steroid use cause natural production of testosterone to drop.

You don't even need a doctor to tell you this HOMIE, use google, put in the words "does steroid use cause testosterone production to drop" and you'll find out everything you need to know and all the proof in the world that a proven already been caught steroid user has low test because of steroids.

Can anyone explain the thought process behind TRT exemptions? I don't understand why the athletic commission allows them in MMA.

Let's not start judging different fighters by different standards.

Vitor has been caught roiding before and if you look at his body when he was just 19, it should be pretty clear.
Same goes for Sonnen who was supposedly able to be an elite high school and college wrestler without having gone through puberty.

Guys will always abuse the rules until they reach this borderline illegal area, it's the nature of the game.
Set the T:E ratio and testosterone limits to normal levels and start random blood testing every main card fighter before and during camp and I predict in a few years TRT won't be an issue in the UFC anymore.
Or you go ahead and make it available for everyone but the way it is right now is a fucking joke that makes MMA look bad and everyone knows it.

and anyone ripping Vitor had better be ripping Hendo in their minds, with the same vitriolic language.

the TRT Pandora's Box is open. and this is the kind of thing that happens when the box gets open. the AC's opened it. the fans need to be intellectually honest enough to treat all fighters the same.

these guys are in their 30's. they cannot work out like they could when they were 24. they WANT to work out like they used to but they cannot. well, no shit lol.

alas, Vitor will now be scrutinized as much as any other TRT user. if you're against TRT like i am, you should want everyone off it. if you're not, rip Hendo as much as Vitor.

Look at Chael Sonnen. He's on TRT and he lost fights in the first, second round.[/url]

No, Vitor, Chael went 5 and then 2 rounds against Anderson. You're the one who was KO'd in the first.

Also, it's interesting that so many accuse Chael of "needing" TRT due to past roid abuse, but Belfort actually tested positive for an illegal substance in the past. Also, it was pretty much the consensus view that Vitor did roids early in his career, before fighters were tested. Even his first opponent (the notorious SAFTA Masta John Hess) accused him of juicing.

And you still didn't address my point of you having absolutely no proof at all of anything you're saying. The only person that needs to get some common sense is you, again, if you don't understand why making baseless accusations with no proof whatsoever is a problem.

And, for the record, homie, I don't like Vitor Belfort. I rooted for Bisping over him. I don't care about him at all, and I don't like TRT. But the witchhunt shit you people are pulling is absolutely pathetic. You don't know any of these people so unless you have proof that Vitor or anybody on TRT needs it because of steroids, just shut up.

These are my exact sentiments. I'm strongly against TRT, but this witch hunt as you descirbed it, of trying to single guys out, needs to stop.

We don't know if his levels are low because of last steroid abuse, IT COULD BE, but you guys state it as fact, we don't know. There are guys younger then Vitor who are on it. You guys are fighting the wrong fight by going down this route

Can anyone explain the thought process behind TRT exemptions? I don't understand why the athletic commission allows them in MMA.

TRT is a doctor prescribed treatment that raises your testosterone level back to normal levels.

There is nothing wrong with having normal levels of testosterone.

You're comparing a diabetic to a professional athlete who CHOOSES to compete in a sport?

Vitor is more than welcome to have his "medicine", but there's a reason he only fights in Brazil and Canada now, because even the US Athletic Commission see him as a joke for his TRT use.

Yes.
And because it's your time to go. Jones explained it very well:

Probably easy for a 25year old to say. I am 30 now and I know I don't have the energy I use to 5 years ago. I might go for some testosterone in a few years if I feel aging. If there was a real fountain of Youth ... the vast majority of us would take it.

We don't know if past steroid abuse is the reason why his levels are low. It could be, but we don't know. Couldn't other fighters be accused of this as well? There are guys years younger then Vitor who are on it.

Other fighters are accused of it, all the time. Jones himself accused Sonnen of needing it because of past steroid use in the lead up to their fight. What Vitor has that Sonnen doesn't is a confirmed positive steroid test in his past. The evidence may be circumstantial, but it's pretty damning.

How do you know that? Could that be a reason? Sure, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't of needed it anyway...

Many fighters are on TRT now. Is that because they all juiced before?

Many of them, yes. Basically the whole ex-PRIDE contingent. I thought that was pretty open, common knowledge.

and anyone ripping Vitor had better be ripping Hendo in their minds, with the same vitriolic language.

the TRT Pandora's Box is open. and this is the kind of thing that happens when the box gets open. the AC's opened it. the fans need to be intellectually honest enough to treat all fighters the same.

these guys are in their 30's. they cannot work out like they could when they were 24. they WANT to work out like they used to but they cannot. well, no shit lol.

alas, Vitor will now be scrutinized as much as any other TRT user. if you're against TRT like i am, you should want everyone off it. if you're not, rip Hendo as much as Vitor.

Exactly, you're either against it or not. There is no gray area, there is no room for picking and choosing

TRT is a doctor prescribed treatment that raises your testosterone level back to normal levels.

There is nothing wrong with having normal levels of testosterone.

Nope. It raises the testosterone level to the maximum allowed (pre-fight, during training camp it gets even higher), which is a 6:1 ratio.

Back