Belfort justifies TRT usage

Then why is Creatine and Protein ok?

Those powders aren't natural.

37611141.jpg

Are you trolling ?

Many of you are making a binary connection between "low" testosterone and previous steroid use. Many of you literally believe that if a person is medically cleared for TRT today, they must have used steroids in the past, otherwise their test levels wouldn't be depressed.

Apart from demonstrating that you have little to no understand of how steroids work, let me ask the following:

IF that were true, IF 100% of TRT users are/were steroid users, do you REALLY believe that a mistake someone made years ago should damn them for the rest of their careers? If Vitor got popped 10 years ago, should he just have to suck it up and deal with inhibited test production?

I don't care if you don't agree with the levels that qualify for clinically inhibited test, because that isn't your decision to make.

My question was.. How do you know that is the determining factor as to why he needs TRT now. Could that contribute, sure. Is it possible that just like any other older man his testosterone levels are just dropping... Yes.

Busted once means he was doing for long periods of time?

Plus he was a kid. Hopefully you don't still get shit for the things you did as a kid..

29 is a kid? LOL.

Even if it is simply the result of aging, why is an otherwise banned steroid automatically okay as a treatment for an MMA fighter? There is a school of thought that says, hey, play the cards you're dealt, and if your testosterone is too low to compete without PED's, then it's time to retire, not time for the rules banning PED's to suddenly no-longer apply to you. A lot of people feel even more strongly about this for past cheaters, especially since that cheating is often directly linked to lower testosterone.

Also, where do you draw the line on this stuff? How much rule breaking do we allow to level the playing field by artificial means? Let's say the next big thing in medicine is bionic implants. Hey, why not let guys who can't punch or kick as hard bump up their power with bionic arms and legs so they can hit harder? I mean, they're just trying to level the playing field...

Here is a question ... why should people NOT take something that makes them young again?

If you are near 40 ... why wouldn't you want to feel like 25 again?

It's available for everyone ... so what's the problem?

People are on creatine and whey protein ... are these really any different?

This might be the single dumbest thing I've read in a long time and I hope you are trolling.

It was funny how he did his trademark "say a lot of words" when confronted with the failed drug test. Ariel could have pushed him more, but would probably have gotten another gibberish answer "I don't talk, I fight, I'm the lion"

Ask yourself why he isn't fighting in the US anymore. Only in Brazil. There's a reason for that.

Because everybody can take creatine and protein, it's still an even playing field...

And everyone who has lower than normal testosterone can take TRT ... so again ... what's the difference?

My favorite part is this

"My ranges are even lower than the normal. I did everything I should do."

Flatout lie, they define Normal as the peak a human has in their lifetime. That range is no longer normal when you're 30+. If it was lower than HIS normal then what would be the point of taking it.

how many guys are tested throughout their lives to find out what their peak is? i'm guessing he meant he was lower than normal for a guy his age taking trt. he could have meant he took less than the suggested amount. also, someone mentioned he roided in the past but i read it was an over the counter supplement that was on the ufc banned substance list. i'd like to know which is the truth on that.

He did fail a test 8 years ago, but there are guys years younger then him who are on it.

I'm not intersted in the past, if this guy juiced, if this guys clean, whatever. It makes no difference to me, TRT is TRT, the benefits are the same. The past makes no difference at all.

That's why the people why try to single guys out annoy me much more then anybody who defends it, as they are doing it out of bitterness and not for the sport. You either support it or you're against it, a guys past isn't going to make a damn difference when they step into the cage pumped with TRT

Well, that's a different argument. If you want to say your'e against it 100% of the time or you're OK with it 100% of the time, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Some people aren't just with it or against it. Some people want more information about each specific case, and the past does matter. You're opinion is TRT = TRT. Someone else's opinion may be that if you need TRT due to a health problem that's fine, but if you have documented past steroid use it isn't. I'm not saying I'm necessarily on one side of the fence or the other, but why would their opinion be worth any less than yours?

This might be the single dumbest thing I've read in a long time and I hope you are trolling.

It was funny how he did his trademark "say a lot of words" when confronted with the failed drug test. Ariel could have pushed him more, but would probably have gotten another gibberish answer "I don't talk, I fight, I'm the lion"

Please educate me then ... explain to me how is it different instead of being an internet tough guy.

Nothing wrong with doctor prescibed medicine when you follow the posology.

TRT is not the problem, cheaters are.

yea, and i like his point that you need skills to win a fight - people on the outside make it seem like you can just automatically ko someone if you're on something

Perhaps you know more about the subject then me, so let me know if I'm off base. But isn't the natural occurrence of low testosterone rare for people younger then 40? I read that it's 1 in 200. For young professional athletes (who tend to have high T levels) the odds of this occurring are REALLY low.

In my mind, statistically there would be one, maybe two fighters in the UFC that this effects. Given that TRT usage is more prevelant, I suspect abuse.

Am I wrong? I don't see why these guys are given a pass for prior steroid use. It seems like Dana agrees and believes there is TRT abuse.

This isn't something that you hold the fighter accountable for. All athletes can and really should be expected to get the maximum edge they can, there's nothing wrong with that.

If there's a problem here, it's with the regulation. It isn't something you bash on a fighter over, because EVERY intelligent fighter would do anything they possibly can to maximize performance.

Ok, whoever believes he really NEEDS TRT is a fckn idiot.
Vitor is a liar, a cheater and I hope Rockhold knocks him out.
Hate to call someone out who has a Charlie Bronson av, but be careful... that's pretty blatant fighter bashing.

The TRT issue really brings out the people who are truly stupid and very easily convinced of things.

Change the name of something... and people believe it's something completely different to what it actually is.

TRT is legalised steroid taking. It's as simple as that.

I think you're on to something based on what guys say in body holding forums. Basicay, they talk about all the wonderful gains from TRT. There's no doubt a benefit to taking it.

In my mind, it is a way for ex steroid abusers to avoid the consequences of their actions. If TRT were banned, they would have trouble competing. Why provide help to guys who cheated?

So steroid use is the ONLY way for testosterone production to drop? Well, you just solved it! I'm sorry for doubting you doctor!

...oh wait, homie, it's not the only way for testosterone production to drop. So you didn't prove anything. There are multiple reasons why Vitor could need TRT, and yes steroids are one of them. But we don't know what that reason is so unless you're his doctor and you do actually know that it's because of steroids, stop making baseless assumptions. It's getting old, not just from you but from everybody on this site who automatically thinks "TRT? THEY NEED IT BECAUSE OF STEROIDS!" It doesn't work that way. There are more ways to need TRT than just steroids so steroids isn't always the answer. Get that through your head.

Holy shit, are you serious? No you're right, he probably has klinefelter's syndrome. Steroids cause low t, Vitor did steroids and had low t, where is the mystery? If a fat guy eats a baconator twice a day and has a salad for another meal, you don't have to look at the salad to see why he got fat. Vitor's been jacked his whole life so I'm pretty sure it wasn't poor diet and he has kids so I don't think his balls are broken. I don't even care if he does trt, just stop trying to act like he did everything right and magically his gonads stopped working.

Ok, whoever believes he really NEEDS TRT is a fckn idiot.
Vitor is a liar, a cheater and I hope Rockhold knocks him out.

He may actually need it at this point... He was on so much juice in his teens/20's, that maybe his body just isn't producing testosterone anymore.

This isn't something that you hold the fighter accountable for. All athletes can and really should be expected to get the maximum edge they can, there's nothing wrong with that.

If there's a problem here, it's with the regulation. It isn't something you bash on a fighter over, because EVERY intelligent fighter would do anything they possibly can to maximize performance.

Well, I agree that there needs to be a systematic change but fighters should absolutely be held accountable for what goes into their bodies. You're right, if its legal they will go for that edge. If its not legal, some still will lol.

But my point was that the commission should ban it.

I think you're on to something based on what guys say in body holding forums. Basicay, they talk about all the wonderful gains from TRT. There's no doubt a benefit to taking it.

In my mind, it is a way for ex steroid abusers to avoid the consequences of their actions. If TRT were banned, they would have trouble competing. Why provide help to guys who cheated?

Because it's impossible to say a need for TRT equates to prior steroid use. It's as simple as that.

TRT exists outside of MMA. Right now, the clinical test to determine if one can get a TRT prescription is rather silly, but it is what it is.

It makes NO considerations whatsoever of WHY a person needs TRT, only that on the day of testing, they had low test, period.

I honestly cannot understand why people have such a hard time with this. TRT is easy to get, it's legal, and it's effective. As an athlete, why would you NOT get your hands on it?

i don't think that Vitor is on TRT, he is on full "horse meat diet".
normal T level don't give you that superhuman look, and he look superhuman now, with all the veins popping out in the head, calf and so on.
couples of years ago he didn't looked so freak.

it's like there is a reason behind TRT, maybe fighters can get away from the ped test easily being on hormone prescription.

Back