Belfort justifies TRT usage

Furiosozen

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
"It's hard," he said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "I cannot explain why I need something. It's just, the doctors, you know, just they said that I need [TRT]. I did everything by the book. I went to the commissions, the UFC. I never hide from them, so they knew what I was doing. I believe everyone has their personal things. My health is my personal life, you know? A lot of people on TRT, they don't tell [the UFC], whatever. But my case came out because they got a guy on steroids (Thiago Tavares) and they thought it was me, and then they just opened the books. But they knew I doing everything with the UFC together, and never hiding anything.

Belfort, similar to fellow TRT advocate Chael Sonnen, says he's already been tested "many times" since White's announcement.

"Everything is normal," Belfort explained. "My ranges are even lower than the normal. I did everything I should do."

"Why don't we talk about people that do TRT and they lose in the first round?" Belfort continued. "Because, you know, TRT doesn't win fights, man. It doesn't win fights. Look at Chael Sonnen. He's on TRT and he lost fights in the first, second round. It's not going to win fights. You've got to have skills to win fights. That's what it is. A lot of guys are on it. I think they should release everyone who's on it, because that would bring more legitimacy to the sport, and UFC doing the right thing and testing people. I think we're on the right path, and if you lose, just accept it, man. Everyone has an excuse."

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/5/7...usage-i-never-cheated-luke-rockhold-ufc-on-fx

"Because, you know, TRT doesn't win fights, man. It doesn't win fights. Look at Chael Sonnen. He's on TRT and he lost fights in the first, second round. It's not going to win fights."
Haha.

Nothing wrong with doctor prescibed medicine when you follow the posology.

TRT is not the problem, cheaters are.

The only problem with the situation is Vitor wouldn't even need the TRT if he didn't juice in the past (before I get flamed he's been caught already, deal with it)

Oh well though, if the UFC wants to book him fights I always enjoy seeing Vitor smash people from an entertainment perspective.

My favorite part is this

"My ranges are even lower than the normal. I did everything I should do."

Flatout lie, they define Normal as the peak a human has in their lifetime. That range is no longer normal when you're 30+. If it was lower than HIS normal then what would be the point of taking it.

Nothing wrong with doctor prescibed medicine when you follow the posology.

TRT is not the problem, cheaters are.

Sure.. But people fuck up and make mistakes.. Haters will continue to hold on to shit and never let go. People are so quick to judge someone and make up their minds about a situation before considering anything else.

TRT helps Vitor and MANY other fighters continue to fight. I'm all for it, fuck the past, fuck what happen 10 years ago. Its about Today. What can we do TODAY..

WAR VITOR!!!!

Deniability equates to lacking confidence in doing it in a correct manner and pointing fingers at others is childish. You should concentrate on your situation rather than speaking of others. He fights fierce but his mind is tangled like a web maybe due to the front kick by Spider. :icon_lol:

Ok, whoever believes he really NEEDS TRT is a fckn idiot.
Vitor is a liar, a cheater and I hope Rockhold knocks him out.

The only problem with the situation is Vitor wouldn't even need the TRT if he didn't juice in the past (before I get flamed he's been caught already, deal with it)

Oh well though, if the UFC wants to book him fights I always enjoy seeing Vitor smash people from an entertainment perspective.

How do you know that? Could that be a reason? Sure, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't of needed it anyway...

Many fighters are on TRT now. Is that because they all juiced before?

I laughed during the MMA Hour.
Vitor, why do you have to take TRT?
- I don't know. It's the doctor, you know.

Later, he does one of his speech to say that people criticizing are just talking and don't know.
BUt go ahead Vitor, explain us. Oh, whoopsy, you can't, because "I don't know. It's the doctor you know."

How do you know that? Could that be a reason? Sure, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't of needed it anyway...

Loss 14–8 Dan Henderson Decision (unanimous) Pride 32 October 21, 2006 3 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone.

He juiced when he was like 18 and 19 years old (his early UFC fights) and as you can see, he was on steroids during his PRIDE days.

Testosterone injections are steroids. More testosterone boosts performance What makes TRT different. Dr. prescribed? Give me a fkn break.

Average healthy guy: T/E ratio of 1:1.

Vitor fights with what thanks to TRT... 6:1? [maximum allowable] That's 6 times the amount of test in an average healthy male.

Less than if he shot test straight into his muscles, a hell of a lot more than he needs to 'live his life' or god forbid get his dick up.

Vitor is only 36 years old and has popped hot for steroids in the past. I highly doubt Vitor has the syndrome where his gonads don't produce testosterone naturally. If your so blinded by fanboyism to not realize Vitor only needs it because of his previous steroid use than I don't know what to say.

Many fighters are on TRT now because the sport accepted it. Only sport in the world that currently grants TRT exemptions. No NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL players have TRT exemptions right now and they all have 40 year old players

Bernard Hopkins is 48 years old and just won the world championship...NO TRT.

If the sport cleans itself up and rallys the commissions to not allow it, then many fighters won't be on it.

Vitor lost fights in steroids , I agree trt doesn't win fights!
His win fights thanks to his skills and wealth of experience not trt.

And? That doesn't automatically mean it's the reason he needs TRT. One doesn't prove the other.

It does prove that he is a cheater and a liar, that he has been caught using steroids and it does prove that you're naive if you believe that he needs trt for medical reasons.

It does prove that he is a cheater and a liar, that he has been caught using steroids and it does prove that you're naive if you believe that he needs trt for medical reasons.

Only a doctor can make that claim.

No it doesn't. If you believe that because somebody took steroids and is now on TRT that the steroids are 100% the reason, you're the naive one. I'm not his doctor, I have no clue why he needs TRT and neither do you.

Back