Belfort justifies TRT usage

We don't know if past steroid abuse is the reason why his levels are low. It could be, but we don't know. Couldn't other fighters be accused of this as well? There are guys years younger then Vitor who are on it.

Who's to say smoking causes lung cancer? Just because a guy who chain smoked for 4 decades has lung cancer, we can't be sure that's what caused it. Vitor had traps above his ears at 19, you think that's cause he ate a lot of spinach? Just say he's older and wanted a little bit of an edge, don't try to lawyer it and treat it like an inhaler for asthma.

Oh my...the perspective in this thread needs a makeover

If there is a single infallible rule in sports, it's that professional athletes will ALWAYS use what's available to them to maximize performance so long as risk is acceptable.

For some, that means roids and risking suspension, but for others the risk isn't worth it.

Athletes on TRT have a legitimate PRESCRIPTION for a performance enhancer. Do people on this board REALLY believe that anyone in their right minds would say NO to that? It's effective, cheap, and risk free.

In scenarios like this, you never blame the athlete, you look at the regulations. If TRT is legal, athletes will find a scrip and use it. If all steroids were legal, athletes would find a doc to give a scrip and use it; it's the only smart decision when your LIVELIHOOD depends on performance.

It's bad enough that people are so high and mighty when an athlete gets popped for illegal performance enhancers. I cannot believe a fan would get upset that a fighter is enhancing their performance through COMPLETELY LEGAL means.

So let me understand this. If a person does something earlier in life that now causes him to need medicine, he shouldn't be allowed to take the medicine cause he brought it on himself? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. If a kid eats a ton of sugar and later grows up to be a diabetic, do we now say, gee, you brought this on yourself, so we will with hold insulin or whatever medicine he may need. Sorry, thats not how things work. We go by the here and now. If a person needs a medicine, he gets it. simple.

Those who say other sports don't allow trt is full of crap. They just don't tell anyone. simple. As long as you test in the normal range, how will anyone know?

Hahaha this is a terrible post and an awful comparison that makes 0 sense. Man comparing sugar to testosterone, hilarious thanks for bringing me my daily laugh

This is why I agree that Rockhold is more of a man.

Because people with naturally low testosterone look like this

0__14668799-gdv_00.jpg

It's not baseless accusations. Hence the reason why Keith Kizer from the Nevada State Athletic Commission has already stated Vitor and other previously caught steroid users will never be granted TRT exemption in the state of Nevada because of past steroid use, do DOCTORS stating steroid use cause natural production of testosterone to drop.

You don't even need a doctor to tell you this HOMIE, use google, put in the words "does steroid use cause testosterone production to drop" and you'll find out everything you need to know and all the proof in the world that a proven already been caught steroid user has low test because of steroids.

So steroid use is the ONLY way for testosterone production to drop? Well, you just solved it! I'm sorry for doubting you doctor!

...oh wait, homie, it's not the only way for testosterone production to drop. So you didn't prove anything. There are multiple reasons why Vitor could need TRT, and yes steroids are one of them. But we don't know what that reason is so unless you're his doctor and you do actually know that it's because of steroids, stop making baseless assumptions. It's getting old, not just from you but from everybody on this site who automatically thinks "TRT? THEY NEED IT BECAUSE OF STEROIDS!" It doesn't work that way. There are more ways to need TRT than just steroids so steroids isn't always the answer. Get that through your head.

Nope. It raises the testosterone level to the maximum allowed (pre-fight, during training camp it gets even higher), which is a 6:1 ratio.

In what way, shape, or form is that a problem?

Because aging is part of the sport, with age comes experiences. You get older, you get slower, it gets harder to get up and train for 5 hours a day. It's what happens. If you're 40 you should be feeling like you're 40, not 25. Everybody has their glory years

Then why is Creatine and Protein ok?

Those powders aren't natural.

This is a joke.
If you were not juicing when you were young you will MOST LIKLEY not need the use of TRT, even when you are in your late 30's and 40's.
I find it rather strange that the percentage of MMA fighters with low testosterone supersedes that of the normal population of the same sample by like 4500%.

Other fighters are accused of it, all the time. Jones himself accused Sonnen of needing it because of past steroid use in the lead up to their fight. What Vitor has that Sonnen doesn't is a confirmed positive steroid test in his past. The evidence may be circumstantial, but it's pretty damning.

He did fail a test 8 years ago, but there are guys years younger then him who are on it.

I'm not intersted in the past, if this guy juiced, if this guys clean, whatever. It makes no difference to me, TRT is TRT, the benefits are the same. The past makes no difference at all.

That's why the people why try to single guys out annoy me much more then anybody who defends it, as they are doing it out of bitterness and not for the sport. You either support it or you're against it, a guys past isn't going to make a damn difference when they step into the cage pumped with TRT

No, Vitor, Chael went 5 and then 2 rounds against Anderson. You're the one who was KO'd in the first.

Sonnen's last two fights ended in a 2nd round finish, and a 1st round finish.

Many of them, yes. Basically the whole ex-PRIDE contingent. I thought that was pretty open, common knowledge.

wasn't asking how we know they juiced.... Re-read the post I quoted then re-read my post..

Because aging is part of the sport, with age comes experiences. You get older, you get slower, it gets harder to get up and train for 5 hours a day. It's what happens. If you're 40 you should be feeling like you're 40, not 25. Everybody has their glory years

Says who?

If a fighter walks into a doctor's office, gets tested, and is medically approved for TRT, should the governing body send him a letter that says "Sorry bro, I know a doctor says you can use this shit, but we really feel that you should show your age in the ring so we're going to deny your prescription"?

"It's hard," he said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "I cannot explain why I need something. It's just, the doctors, you know, just they said that I need [TRT]. I did everything by the book. I went to the commissions, the UFC. I never hide from them, so they knew what I was doing. I believe everyone has their personal things. My health is my personal life, you know? A lot of people on TRT, they don't tell [the UFC], whatever. But my case came out because they got a guy on steroids (Thiago Tavares) and they thought it was me, and then they just opened the books. But they knew I doing everything with the UFC together, and never hiding anything.

Belfort, similar to fellow TRT advocate Chael Sonnen, says he's already been tested "many times" since White's announcement.

"Everything is normal," Belfort explained. "My ranges are even lower than the normal. I did everything I should do."

"Why don't we talk about people that do TRT and they lose in the first round?" Belfort continued. "Because, you know, TRT doesn't win fights, man. It doesn't win fights. Look at Chael Sonnen. He's on TRT and he lost fights in the first, second round. It's not going to win fights. You've got to have skills to win fights. That's what it is. A lot of guys are on it. I think they should release everyone who's on it, because that would bring more legitimacy to the sport, and UFC doing the right thing and testing people. I think we're on the right path, and if you lose, just accept it, man. Everyone has an excuse."

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/5/7...usage-i-never-cheated-luke-rockhold-ufc-on-fx

He may have a legit point if he didn't get busted for steroids in the past.

Who's to say smoking causes lung cancer? Just because a guy who chain smoked for 4 decades has lung cancer, we can't be sure that's what caused it. Vitor had traps above his ears at 19, you think that's cause he ate a lot of spinach? Just say he's older and wanted a little bit of an edge, don't try to lawyer it and treat it like an inhaler for asthma.

What you're saying doesn't matter to me, the past makes no difference. That's not a battle I'm interested in as it just doesn't matter and doesn't make a difference.

You're talking to someone who has been strongly against against TRT from the beginning but you're argument is irrelevant, like I said the past makes no difference, we have to deal with what's happening now

Again ... why is creatine and protein supplements ok but TRT is not?

Where do you draw the line as to what is ok and what is not.

The TRT issue really brings out the people who are truly stupid and very easily convinced of things.

Change the name of something... and people believe it's something completely different to what it actually is.

TRT is legalised steroid taking. It's as simple as that.

Again ... why is creatine and protein supplements ok but TRT is not?

Where do you draw the line as to what is ok and what is not.

Because everybody can take creatine and protein, it's still an even playing field...

TRT is a doctor prescribed treatment that raises your testosterone level back to normal levels.

There is nothing wrong with having normal levels of testosterone.

Perhaps you know more about the subject then me, so let me know if I'm off base. But isn't the natural occurrence of low testosterone rare for people younger then 40? I read that it's 1 in 200. For young professional athletes (who tend to have high T levels) the odds of this occurring are REALLY low.

In my mind, statistically there would be one, maybe two fighters in the UFC that this effects. Given that TRT usage is more prevelant, I suspect abuse.

Am I wrong? I don't see why these guys are given a pass for prior steroid use. It seems like Dana agrees and believes there is TRT abuse.

There are more ways to need TRT than just steroids so steroids isn't always the answer. Get that through your head.

You're correct there are more reasons, but guess what, it's MEDICALLY PROVEN that steroid users have a harder time producing natural testosterone, Vitor is a proven steroid user. Vitor isn't some "special" human being who just happened to not have any issues like everybody else when it comes to producing test after steroid use then magically somehow has lower test because of something else.

They aren't baseless accusations. Once again MEDICALLY PROVEN that steroid use causes low test, Vitor tested positive for the anabolic steroid 4-Hydroxytestosterone back in 2006, put two and two together and stop being naive.

Athletic Commissions wouldn't be calling him out by name to reporters for being "someone who just needs medicine for his natural condition"

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/3/6...eroids-users-vitor-belfort-trt-ufc-dana-white

"I don't see Vitor Belfort getting a TRT exemption from us," Kizer told Bleacher Report's Damon Martin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back