Barboza - "It doesn't matter if Conor returns, I see Tony Ferguson as the ACTUAL champ."

They've both fought within the last year but only one beat the actual champ, and he's not considered the real holder.... Sour grapes.

Gaethje, Barboza, Khabib....just a few of the top 10 Lightweights who are on record saying that they think Tony is the real champ of the division. But the McGregor nuthuggers get butt hurt when we say it. lol
They're all jealous pal, can't blame them though really.

They're all jealous pal, can't blame them though really.
Yeah you can't blame top contenders for being annoyed that their stacked division has a joke of a "champ," who won't defend a damn thing. I mean after all, it's what they do for a living right? I agree.

They've both fought within the last year but only one beat the actual champ, and he's not considered the real holder.... Sour grapes.
I didn't know 13 months was in a year. What calendar are you using?

Conor currently actually has both higher ranked and quantitatively more wins over the current top 10.

I think how long ago the fights were matter. But I have to say this is the most impressive argument I have seen put forward for the legitimacy of Conor's belt. Good shit. Gotta think about this one.

Last edited:
He's never made a dime for the company and never will

I imagine you cheering for the "company" while you're streaming the fights...

Lol...

How does any amount of money that WME makes/losses with the UFC impact you in any way whatsoever??? You're lost, man...

"I'm number 3 in the rankings, and I see Tony Ferguson as the actual champion. I always make this very clear. It doesn't matter whether or not McGregor comes back. I don't know if he is coming back, and I don't care. All I hope for is that whoever wins my fight with Khabib becomes the next one to fight Ferguson for the belt." -Barboza

RG0BS1U.gif

6:00

Doesn't sound very confident he wins against Khabib lol

Being the champ doesn't automatically make you the best. Figthers win the belt then lose 3 in a row all the time and circumstance helps too.

Did anyone really consider Bisping the best MW fighter in the UFC when he was the champ? Did anyone consider GSP the best MW fighter when he beat him right after?

Conor became the champ by not having to climb the ladder and he got the belt by belting Alvarez. Who here honestly thinks Alvarez is the 2nd best LW fighter in the UFC?

He's never made a dime for the company and never will
Damn good fighter, tho. Probably will be in top contention for quality HL Reels in the future. He's doing his job as a fighter. Maybe he isn't being promoted properly because some dork in a UFC marketing office doesn't know how to do his job.

Made the immortal surrender to leg kicks.

Last edited:
Under this retarded logic, GSP is still Thw WW and MW champion. Its stupid.

There is only supposed to be one champion at each division within the promotion. When there are two, I consider the more legitimate of the two the real one.

Its good to see the fighters understand this, too. They're going to stop campaigning for shots at fake belts and recognize the real ones.....

GSP beat a guy when there was already an interim belt, and then gave up the belt willingly because he was too scared to unify them.

You consider the belt that was won off a not even top 10 fighter the legitimate one, but not the one that was won from the actual lineal champion? Talk about being STUPID. You and everyone else that thinks that.

Conor is the official champion, and if you think the interim champion himself isn't sitting there campaigning for the Conor fight to the point of sitting out himself, then you are absolutely delusional.

Conor is the real champ. Deal with it.

Because he just beat Lee?
He's on a sick streak, granted, but so is Khabib.
No win over Khabib or Conor = not the undisputed best fighter in the division

Being the champ doesn't automatically make you the best. Figthers win the belt then lose 3 in a row all the time and circumstance helps too.

Did anyone really consider Bisping the best MW fighter in the UFC when he was the champ? Did anyone consider GSP the best MW fighter when he beat him right after?

Conor became the champ by not having to climb the ladder and he got the belt by belting Alvarez. Who here honestly thinks Alvarez is the 2nd best LW fighter in the UFC?
And Lee is?
You have so much hate in your bum soul

Another salty Brazilian :lol:
The LW champ isn't a subjective opinion, its a fact that Conor is the champ. People who can't accept this, can't accept reality. They are pathetic as the Hillary supporters who still hold up "Not MY president" signs.
Not really. Lol. If Conor refuses to fight, he shouldn’t be considered champ. Part of being a champ means you fight and could lose. You can’t lose if you don’t fight

Most of us see Tony as the real champ.

He fought his way through some killers.

Conor just got an unwarranted title shot.

Okay, he has done miles and miles more work than Conor at LW, but what killers do you speak of? (I assume by killers you mean top 3 or top 5 guys, championship caliber guys)

Drained RDA, Barboza-ish(wasn't as developed imo) and then what?

The rest are scrubs or barely journeymen.

Back