Barboza - "It doesn't matter if Conor returns, I see Tony Ferguson as the ACTUAL champ."

Let's be honest though Eddie wasn't the best in his own division khabib even defeated Rafael

so are we all in agreement, we will just declare champions based on our opinions rather than who won the title in the cage?

Eddie Alvarez said it best

"How can anyone in their right mind call Tony Ferguson the real champ. He got an interim title for beating the #7 ranked guy. Thats a joke no matter how you cut it"

Conor is the real champ regardless of any personal feelings towards him.

Alvarez WAS THE REAL CHAMP who SMASHED RDA. Therefore Conor IS now THE REAL CHAMP

BEATING all time great LW Alvarez >>>>>beating #7 ranked embarrassment to MMA Kevin Lee.

The fact you still have sherdoggers claiming Tony is the real champ over Conor just shows how in today's time facts and reality don't even matter anymore

Someone else said it, and it's so true. Conor haters are like liberal Hillary supporters "Hillary is the real president".. "Tony is the real champ"...

Sorry but your feelings don't matter here snowflakes. Whether you like it or not Conor IS THE REAL CHAMP

Last edited:
Meanwhile back in reality Tony is planning to fight the actual champion next year March / April. o_O

Tony is ducking. Why is he holding up the LW division with these "surgeries"? It's not right I tell you. STRIP HIM!!!!111 The man is avoiding defending his title.

kind of skews the argument in Conors favor.

The fact remains that at LW, he has only fought one fight. He won, but Tony is on a ten fight win streak in the division

Alright fine, if you want to talk strictly at LW then Conor beat the current #3 LW in the world, while Tony only beat the #8 and #4. Conor still has the win over the higher ranked opponent, if now Tony has 1 more top 10 win than Conor does.

You don't need to skew anything, it's a fact that Tony doesn't have wins over many current top LWs.

Alright fine, if you want to talk strictly at LW then Conor beat the current #3 LW in the world, while Tony only beat the #8 and #4. Conor still has the win over the higher ranked opponent, if now Tony has 1 more top 10 win than Conor does.

You don't need to skew anything, it's a fact that Tony doesn't have wins over many current top LWs.

RDA was kind of a huge win also, I notice you keep leaving that one out....

Eddie Alvarez said it best

"How can anyone in their right mind call Tony Ferguson the real champ. He got an interim title for beating the #7 ranked guy. Under an rule or org thats a joke"

Conor is the real champ regardless of your personal snowflake feelings towards him.

Alvarez WAS THE REAL CHAMP who SMASHED RDA. Therefore Conor IS now THE REAL CHAMP

BEATING all time great LW Alvarez >>>>>beating #7 ranked embarrassment to MMA Kevin Lee.

The fact you still have sherdoggers claiming Tony is the real champ over Conor just shows how in today's time facts and reality don't even matter anymore

Someone else said it, and it's so true. Conor haters are like liberal Hillary supporters "Hillary is the real president".. "Tony is the real champ"...

Sorry your feelings don't matter here. Whether you like it or not Conor IS THE REAL CHAMP

QFT.

Tony beat RDA when RDA was the champ just 4 months prior to their bout, you can hypothetically say Tony could've been the champ he was just presented the opportunity late. Tony has also beaten Josh Thomson, a top LW, former Strikeforce champ, and holds a win over current #6 ranked LW Nate and has also had a close fight with prime Benson/ prime Gilbert. In addition to that, the way Tony finishes people in brutal fashion is impressive and there isn't anyone else besides him and maybe Khabib who is warranted a title shot.

RDA was kind of a huge win also, I notice you keep leaving that one out....

Maybe cause RDA isn't a current top LW which is what we've been discussing all along (that Conor has more wins over current top 10 fighters than Ferguson)...? RDA's a WW.

Besides, if you wanted to go back to what RDA was ranked, Conor would still have the higher ranked win as now you would be ranking Eddie at champ instead of #3 as the Eddie win would also need to be considered at Eddie's past rank too.

So either way Conor has the higher ranked win, both in past rankings and current.

Tony is obviously the real champ, I mean he DID just beat Kevin Lee after all.

Conor haters like my post please. ( am I doing it right? )

Tony beat RDA when RDA was the champ just 4 months prior to their bout, you can hypothetically say Tony could've been the champ he was just presented the opportunity late. Tony has also beaten Josh Thomson, a top LW, former Strikeforce champ, and holds a win over current #6 ranked LW Nate and has also had a close fight with prime Benson/ prime Gilbert. In addition to that, the way Tony finishes people in brutal fashion is impressive and there isn't anyone else besides him and maybe Khabib who is warranted a title shot.

None of the people you listed are current top LWs, which is what we've been discussing. RDA is a WW, and Josh is losing in Bellator. Tony's only wins over currently ranked fighters are Lee (#8) and Barboza (#4). Conor has wins over Eddie (#3), Nate (#6), Poirier (#7).

Conor does indeed factually have more wins over current top LWs, and higher ranked ones.

Besides, if you wanna play the MMAMath game Conor's win over Eddie again gives him the better lineage than Josh. Eddie was higher ranked, has better wins, beat common top opponents Josh didn't, etc.

Everybody wants to shit on Eddie until it comes to the stats.

You need to compare the rankings when the fight happens, not right now.

Josh Thomson, RDA, Tibau, Trujillo, Lee and Barboza are all very good wins dude.

He's on a 10 win streak, mostly against good competition.
It's ok for people to consider him the true champion considering that Conor, as good as he is, leapfrogged every contender to get his shot..

So, another paper champion then.

giphy.gif

Another salty Brazilian :lol:
The LW champ isn't a subjective opinion, its a fact that Conor is the champ. People who can't accept this, can't accept reality. They are pathetic as the Hillary supporters who still hold up "Not MY president" signs.

Or as stupid as Trump supporters who still... support Trump.

so are we all in agreement, we will just declare champions based on our opinions rather than who won the title in the cage?

If rankings, seeding and common sense have absolutely no relation to who gets to fight for the title? Yes - educated opinions are more valuable then the official belt.

Bisping 'defended' his title against the #13 ranked middleweight, in his retirement fight, in a multi-year career slump, seemingly apropos of nothing. He then 'defended' the belt against a four years retired welterweight.

I can say without hesitation that Robert Whittaker is the real champion in the division.

Conor went - I shit you not - 1-1 with Nate !%!@ Diaz, and was given a title shot based on popularity. Ferguson has gone on a historic 10 fight win streak in the division, beating ranked opponents, including the former champion. Common sense should tell you the guy who fought and won 10 times in the division has more claim to the title then a guy who has fought once and lost to Nate just prior.

None of the people you listed are current top LWs, which is what we've been discussing. RDA is a WW, and Josh is losing in Bellator. Tony's only wins over currently ranked fighters are Lee (#8) and Barboza (#4). Conor has wins over Eddie (#3), Nate (#6), Poirier (#7).

Conor does indeed factually have more wins over current top LWs, and higher ranked ones.

Besides, if you wanna play the MMAMath game Conor's win over Eddie again gives him the better lineage than Josh. Eddie was higher ranked, has better wins, beat common top opponents Josh didn't, etc.

Everybody wants to shit on Eddie until it comes to the stats.

Eddie was perfect for Conor and I picked Conor to KO/TKO him in the 2nd round. Tony is a different beast. Are you trying to undermine Tony's resume or are you trying to say he doesn't deserve a title shot? Who else besides Tony/Khabib deserve a title shot?
I wasn't doing MMAth I was showing you Thomson isn't a can and it doesn't matter if Thomson is losing in Bellator now because he is evidently past his prime and he didn't fight Tony under the same condition. By your logic, I can say Eddie shouldn't be a notable win for Conor because Eddie got choked out by Chandler way back who just got beaten by Primus and I can also say Poirier should also not be a notable win for Conor since Poirier got KO'd by MJ.

You need to compare the rankings when the fight happens, not right now.

Fine, then Conor has a win over the then champ Eddie Alvarez, and #5 Diaz.

You can look at it historically, or currently, but either way Conor will have the higher ranked wins. I'm not picking and choosing anything to point out this fact. RDA is a fine win, but he wasn't higher ranked than Eddie. Eddie was coming off KO'ing RDA when Conor beat him, and RDA was coming off getting KO'd when Tony beat him. Eddie is the higher ranked win. Barboza, Thomson, etc., were also not higher ranked than Diaz.

Are you trying to undermine Tony's resume or are you trying to say he doesn't deserve a title shot? Who else besides Tony/Khabib deserve a title shot?

I'm not trying to say Tony doesn't deserve a title shot, I'm picking apart the idea that Tony is the "real" champion because we've "seen him against the division", which is what people tend to repeate. We actually have not. Conor has more wins, and higher ranked wins, than Tony does over the current division.

He still deserves his title shot from his past work, but all he has at the moment is a win over #4 Barboza and #8 Lee. Conor has #3 Eddie, #6 Diaz, and #7 Poirier.

By your logic, I can say Eddie shouldn't be a notable win for Conor because Eddie got choked out by Chandler way back who just got beaten by Primus

Well no, that would be dumb as Eddie has since gotten 4 top 5 wins and became champ. Eddie's riding the highest point of his career, while Thompson is not.

I can also say Poirier should also not be a notable win for Conor since Poirier got KO'd by MJ.

You do realize that Ferguson lost to MJ right?

Back