Average salary for an NBA player is 6.4 mil. The average for an NHL player is 2.4 mil.

And also Uncle Dana keep saying that the UFC is bigger than soccer, football.. so we use his words
you're not using his words appropriately.

ask dana if the ufc generates more money than soccer or football. ask him if the ufc has a bigger fanbase.

he'd say no. you are using one soundbite from years ago and using it incorrectly.

Anger doesn’t reflect well on you Chief, May I suggest a big long hit off the Peace Pipe...

You are correct. I apologize as well.

I understand what you were saying. And I agree with
Most of what you said.

That's what happens when your boss calls himself a fight promoter n then tells fighters to promote themselves.

You can tell he is all about making the fighters money

Cant tell if highly stupid or trolling.

So you are telling everyone that not a single person that fought in the UFC for the first 6ish years were MMA fighters? They all knew only 1 single style...Royce Gracie, not an MMA fighter? Kazushi Sakuraba...NOT an MMA fighter? GTactualFO, delete your account, move on.

MMA is a fucking ladder, with steps you take and for every fighter you can name that did not start practing MMA until they walked into an MMA gym, I can name 20 or more that started out with 1 single style for YEARS that led them to fighting. You sir, are a moron of epic proportions.

Have you seen the early UFCs? Tell me what fighter had mma listed as his skill in their bio? They were not mma fighters the sport evolved. Only now we are starting to see fighters who have trained all aspects of fighting (mma) since they were kids. On the otherhand there are people who have gotten scholarships to golleges for decades by simply playing basketball. So what do you simpleton think what parents will do when they see their gifted tall athletic child grow up? Put him in the gym to get punched in the head or maybe put him to play basketball and get a scholarship?

Dont you idiot see the flaw in you logic. When you point out that someone can achieve success in mma with simply being good at one aspect at the sport? You think a a guy could get in the NBA just because he can jump high or shoot three pointers but dont know jack shit about the game? This goes to show that MMA talent level is still pretty crappy especially in the heavier divisions. Hell fucking ex NFL players are knocking these bums out with 15 minutes of MMA training. How good you think a washed up mma fighter would do in NFL?

By the way fun too see you getting owned left and right on this thread.

Soccer players in the 50's and 60's were treated like dirt. They formed a union and took on their employers. Now they are among the highest paid athletes in the world.
NFL players in the 60's and 70's were treated like dirt. They formed a union and took on their employers. Now they are among the highest paid athletes in the world.
UFC fighters in the 00's and 10's are treated like dirt...

I work from home on my computer all day and and make more than the average MMA salary. That’s sad.

UFC is UFC, who else makes money for UFC? The NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and all others, are team sports and are have teams in many different cities that makes money to pay for all their respective athletes and the sports itself. Stop comparing UFC, which is a one v one competition, to these types of sports. Just keep the comparison to boxing, maybe you can even compare it to golf.

Have you seen the early UFCs? Tell me what fighter had mma listed as his skill in their bio?

By the way fun too see you getting owned left and right on this thread.

Did you just say the sport of MMA did not exist until fighters "listed" it in their "bios"? I did not think it was possible for you to actually say anything even dumber than you had before... I was wrong.

By the way, that ending...lol...loser much? Inbred level idiots do not determine who "wins or loses" and only a moron thinks winning on the internet holds meaning. Bye, clown.

Soccer players in the 50's and 60's were treated like dirt. They formed a union and took on their employers. Now they are among the highest paid athletes in the world.
NFL players in the 60's and 70's were treated like dirt. They formed a union and took on their employers. Now they are among the highest paid athletes in the world.
UFC fighters in the 00's and 10's are treated like dirt...

fucken noob
<36>

for example germany:
until 1950 they were not allowed to earn money. 1 year later they were allowed to earn money and earned 400-700 DM per month (that was very good money).

8-15 years later it was (I cant really remember) 100.000-600.000 DM.

I took the Germans because they made the worst money.

dont compare this
giphy.gif

with 2018, because the time/conditions were completely different.

MMA fighters probably wouldnt even have earned 10$ at the time LOL

What the ufc pulls off is just pathetic and embarrassing ... i know i know ... iz normal, cuz americano product.
in 5-10 years no one will remember the ufc.

Last edited:
In before, I was comparing team and individual sports.
Nevertheless, Mayweather doesn't just fight any bum out of the street so yes, it had to do with the fame Conor got from MMA.

yes he did you know he fought andre berto and amir khan right

ask dana if the ufc generates more money than soccer or football. ask him if the ufc has a bigger fanbase.

Dana White was trying to hype the shit out of the UFC by comparing it with soccer. That was a dumb move.

Team sports offer more money that is why there are more talented players and freaks of nature there. Boxing, MMA and Prowrestling get their dropouts.

Dana White was trying to hype the shit out of the UFC by comparing it with soccer. That was a dumb move.
but people shouldn't forever act as if there's no context and that he meant things he clearly didn't. it was stupid to say but it's just as stupid to act as if he meant it in a way he obviously didn't.

Average MMA salary. 34k.

This just seems ridiculous. But team sports just kill single player sports in every area pay wise.

I'm going to edit this a bit. The minimum AHL player makes 42k a year. The average is over 90k. This is the not good enough to play in NHL league. These games are not played in big stadiums. They don't sell ppv's and they don't have any big marketing. There isn't some big fan base, just the locals going to watch a game if they have nothing else to do. This whole league basically exists for the purpose of an NHL team going through a rash of injuries and they have to find someone to fill a spot. They grab one f these guys for a few days. And in those few days these guys make some big fucking cash. They don't pay for trainers or injuries or camps. I suppose my original post was meant to make a point. If you cannot pay a fighter at LEAST an average salary to live on, and I mean also include medical and training expenses, how can you expect new fighters to show up and improve the sport year after year. It really is a dumb as shit way to run a business. It is like a guy that wants to be an egg farmer, but won't buy any chickens.

Pretty sure there's high school athletes getting paid more than MMA fighters by working part-time at McDonalds and taking benefits from their recruiters.

The big sports have players unions. The fighters are being retarded for not unionizing. I’d be shocked if total fighter pay is even 10% of the revenue. Demand 50% like the others and quit being ripped off.

Wwe doesn’t have a union and I imagine thier average salary is 20x the average of ufc fighters

Back