Average salary for an NBA player is 6.4 mil. The average for an NHL player is 2.4 mil.

Where did you get that figure of $34k

The lowest paid UFC fighter makes more than that per year.
Dunno if its even factual. But it says mma fighter, not ufc. Which is why him comparing it to nhl and nba is already flawed. Might be an extremely GOOD troll job tho.

Comical is correct since you followed up that statement with 4 paragraphs of bullshit.

You spent how many posts trying to make it sound that everyone that picks up a basketball is trying to get into the NBA while now with nowhere left to turn but try to dismiss people studying martial arts as if it isnt the road to MMA since MMA doesnt have fucking college teams, minor leagues or any other way to get to it. Comical, the only thing true that you have said...but you couldnt even use that correctly.
Sure. Yeah. You’re right.

You see, I thought Sage Northcutt just had to win a handful of fights to get into the UFC. But you’ve convinced me. He had to outperform millions of people practicing thousands forms of martial arts around the world to get there. Your mom must go to sleep every single night wishing she slapped you in the face before tucking you in.

There aren't any basketball ganes in which people pay $65 to watch. If there were and they sold over 100k per a game basketball would have its first billion dollar contract.

People also sign up knowing they can play 82+ games a year for a long time (and even when ot doesn't contracts might be written for years and payments given to players like Zach Lavine 3 years from today of 20+ million that might prove to not even be worthy of being in the league after 2 more seaaons) also losing fights leads to a short self life with no guranteed future payments.

no, there aren't any ppv basketball games because that money is paid for by big ass blue chip sponsors that get their brand displayed over 2500+ basketball games over the course of a year.....compared to 40-50 ufc shows.....

Likely a dumb question, but is that figure of 34k MMA as a whole, or just UFC?

The average pay for a boxer is $51,370 in 2017. Seems to be on par with the UFC.

the avg. pay for boxers (low/mid level) was always "bad"

elite boxers have always made big money.

fighter A (mma) earns 50000 dollars and has to spend about 20000-40000 for other things (camps etc.).

do the math bebe.

We are not living in 1690 but in 2018 and their payment is just pathetic.

that had nothing to do with mma.

In before, I was comparing team and individual sports.
Nevertheless, Mayweather doesn't just fight any bum out of the street so yes, it had to do with the fame Conor got from MMA.

Thanks for the info, mate!

Anytime my man
Just ask
A lot of people are throwing crazy numbers around that have no base in reality
These numbers were filed to creditors from UFC, so they are official.

We don't know about 2017 yet, but the numbers will be skewed bc MayMac is involved.
So it throws everything off

2015 was 13% & 2016 was 17%
So figure in the 15-17% area for this year
2019 will be telling bc that is when UFC gets about $500m from TV deals including ESPN.

Lebron could come to mma and be the most paid athlete.

No one from mma even sniffs a starting spot in any NBA team.

95% of NBA players started playing whilst their age was in single digits, this is a retarded argument.

Also there is the height factor.

This is like arguing an astrophysicist wouldn’t immediately have the biological knowledge of a biochemistry dr, it’s a stupid argument.

NBA players are 7 feet tall and would get destroyed in combat sports by Struve, not sure what your point is here... Stop comparing things in such a way, its foolish.

This whole forum thread is about comparing NBA with MMA.

Brock Lesnar won the championship with little training in ground n' pound, kicking, or jiu jitsu.

Ronda Rousey won the championship without much skill in the standup.

Struve mostly punches and kicks. He wouldn't have any reach or height advantage against another 7-footer from the NBA. So right there from the beginning, we see how Struve will not be as effective.

Now give the NBA player extra money and 2 years of training. He will destroy Struve in the ring because the NBA player does not have to train much in jiu jitsu or wrestling.

The NBA attracts the best 7-footers in the world because of money. The UFC does not.

MMA is nowhere near the size of those sports you listed
But still mainstream, I mean people from all over the world watch MMA (not that much but still), so comparing MMA with beach volley (nobody tun in to watch that... And when they do during the Olympics, it is mostly because they stumble upon it and want to see women's butt)... So we have to compare MMA with mainstream sport... And also Uncle Dana keep saying that the UFC is bigger than soccer, football.. so we use his words

So in your little world anybody whos ever done anything even remotely MMA related is considered an MMA practitioner and is a valid candidate for UFC. Really how stupid are you? Wrestling is not MMA I did it for years on national level and got absolutely humiliated in my first MMA practices. By your logic all people running or jumping or who hold a ball are training basketball. Do you have any idea what the extra M stands for in MMA?

Cant tell if highly stupid or trolling.

So you are telling everyone that not a single person that fought in the UFC for the first 6ish years were MMA fighters? They all knew only 1 single style...Royce Gracie, not an MMA fighter? Kazushi Sakuraba...NOT an MMA fighter? GTactualFO, delete your account, move on.

MMA is a fucking ladder, with steps you take and for every fighter you can name that did not start practing MMA until they walked into an MMA gym, I can name 20 or more that started out with 1 single style for YEARS that led them to fighting. You sir, are a moron of epic proportions.

Sure. Yeah. You’re right.

You see, I thought Sage Northcutt just had to win a handful of fights to get into the UFC. But you’ve convinced me. He had to outperform millions of people practicing thousands forms of martial arts around the world to get there. Your mom must go to sleep every single night wishing she slapped you in the face before tucking you in.

No actually you are correct, all anyone needs to do to get a UFC contract is say they want to fight because there is no competition at all!

Your mom doesnt care enough to slap you in your face because she is too busy blowing someone for some crack. Oh look, I told a your mom joke, I am soooo cool now and proved you wrong while showing my superior shertard posting tactics!

Struve mostly punches and kicks. He wouldn't have any reach or height advantage against another 7-footer from the NBA. So right there from the beginning, we see how Struve will not be as effective.

Now give the NBA player extra money and 2 years of training. He will destroy Struve in the ring because the NBA player does not have to train much in jiu jitsu or wrestling.

The NBA attracts the best 7-footers in the world because of money. The UFC does not.

Dup dup ditty day! Super Shertard is here to save the day...

“Team sports kill single player sports”
<TrumpWrong1>
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
lewis-hamilton-1.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
floyd-mayweather1.jpg

Nhl and nba also have a union which ufc does not so yeah they are gonna get dicked around unfortunately.

What's the average pay for a golf player, tennis player, etc?

Way more than you think, at least for tennis. I don't follow golf so I can't speak to that sport, but I do follow tennis.

Obviously tennis players don't get salaries. The better you play and more you win, the more money you make. That being said, you don't HAVE to win alot to make a decent living playing tennis. I randomly selected 4 players from the most current world ranking list: 150, 66, 31, and 8.

#150 Calvin Hemery (never heard of this guy, and I follow tennis closely)
https://www.atpworldtour.com/en/players/calvin-hemery-/hb48/overview
Through mid-July, he's made over $135,000 this year, and his record is 1-5 on the ATP Tour (some of those earnings are from the Challenger Tour, which is pro but a step below ATP, the top level)

#66 Dusan Lajovic
https://www.atpworldtour.com/en/players/dusan-lajovic/l987/overview
He's made almost $559,000 through mid-July and he's 13-15 in ATP tour matches

#31 Filip Kajinovic
https://www.atpworldtour.com/en/players/filip-krajinovic/kb05/overview
He's made over $443,000 through mid-July, and he's 9-7 this year

#8 John Isner
https://www.atpworldtour.com/en/players/john-isner/i186/overview
He's made over $2.7 million this year with a 21-12 record

Consider that these are only on court earnings and don't include sponsorship money, and not even a full year's worth of pay, only half. As you can see, tennis pays very well, even if you are a no name journeyman.

Back