Average salary for an NBA player is 6.4 mil. The average for an NHL player is 2.4 mil.

I think if they allowed extra sponsors with the reebok apparel it would help, even if the limit it to 2 or 3 sponsors.

It’s not so much that the MMA fighter is underpaid as it is that the other sports overpay...The entire system is assbackwards. Train and pay the school bus driver that transports your kids. The teachers, so many other jobs should have higher value.

But know, this ridiculous race of humans chooses to reward people who pretend to be other people , and people who run around chasing balls..

Typically, pay is tied to how much money you make for whoever writes the check. Athletes aren't overpaid because their efforts make someone else enough money that they can afford it.

Is that system bullshit? Absolutely. My sister is a teacher, I work in oil and gas. Her job is infinitely more important than mine, but a make tons more because of how much money my work produces for my company. Societal value doesn't determine pay even though it probably should

No comeback and removed most

If even the fighters who were participating early UFCs dis not mention they were mixed martial artist they did not see themselves as such. You think all wrestlers and bjj practitioners think they are mma fighters? You would know that is not the case if you would have spent a a second in a bjj or wrestling practice.

I dont need "comebacks" as im not in grade school anymore. Once your balls drop you will understand that, and that your opinion does not trump reality...maybe, if you are not inbred. Cant tell to be honest since bottomfeeder Shertards like you do seem to have a some chromosome issues.

Typically, pay is tied to how much money you make for whoever writes the check. Athletes aren't overpaid because their efforts make someone else enough money that they can afford it.

Is that system bullshit? Absolutely. My sister is a teacher, I work in oil and gas. Her job is infinitely more important than mine, but a make tons more because of how much money my work produces for my company. Societal value doesn't determine pay even though it probably should

Societal value does determine pay, that’s the problem, society values Kim Kardashian more than your sister. The value system and the dollar is only a reflection of the societal desires....I think both you and your sister have jobs that are significantly more important that Any athlete or actor...peace

Average MMA salary. 34k.

This just seems ridiculous. But team sports just kill single player sports in every area pay wise.

I'm going to edit this a bit. The minimum AHL player makes 42k a year. The average is over 90k. This is the not good enough to play in NHL league. These games are not played in big stadiums. They don't sell ppv's and they don't have any big marketing. There isn't some big fan base, just the locals going to watch a game if they have nothing else to do. This whole league basically exists for the purpose of an NHL team going through a rash of injuries and they have to find someone to fill a spot. They grab one f these guys for a few days. And in those few days these guys make some big fucking cash. They don't pay for trainers or injuries or camps. I suppose my original post was meant to make a point. If you cannot pay a fighter at LEAST an average salary to live on, and I mean also include medical and training expenses, how can you expect new fighters to show up and improve the sport year after year. It really is a dumb as shit way to run a business. It is like a guy that wants to be an egg farmer, but won't buy any chickens.

Have you ever seen the ticket price of a Toronto Maple Leafs game? The average person cannot attend, especially if they were to bring a wife and a couple of kids.. Just the seats alone. nevermind the $10 pizza slice, $20 beer. The majority of the seats are corporate owned.

I dont need "comebacks" as im not in grade school anymore. Once your balls drop you will understand that, and that your opinion does not trump reality...maybe, if you are not inbred. Cant tell to be honest since bottomfeeder Shertards like you do seem to have a some chromosome issues.

And yet you answer and deliver nothing else than insults because you know you are so clueless. I had posted on sherdog for years before you even discovered mma so please child grow up. Talent level in MMA is still shit in most divisions the sport is too green and talented athletes find more lucurative sports. The amount of wrestlers or bjj practitioners do not help this since those people are not MMA fighters you moron. Hell actually the mma talent level seem to rise with NFL rejects

It doesnt matter how old "modern mma" (trololol) is, since we are living in 2018. Their payment is just embarrassing.

It is a bad time for martial arts (combat sports in general) and if nothing has changed until today, then nothing will change in the next 5-10 years.

a lot will change in the next 5-10 years and most fans wont like it ... especially when you are as small as MMA and the payment sucks.

edit: WMMA was also a bad idea LMAO probably didnt think about the future.
salary in MMA is only getting higher and higher and it's the natural thing to do as the sport gets bigger and bigger

This whole forum thread is about comparing NBA with MMA.

Brock Lesnar won the championship with little training in ground n' pound, kicking, or jiu jitsu.

Ronda Rousey won the championship without much skill in the standup.

Struve mostly punches and kicks. He wouldn't have any reach or height advantage against another 7-footer from the NBA. So right there from the beginning, we see how Struve will not be as effective.

Now give the NBA player extra money and 2 years of training. He will destroy Struve in the ring because the NBA player does not have to train much in jiu jitsu or wrestling.

The NBA attracts the best 7-footers in the world because of money. The UFC does not.
but this is HW and women. the rest of the divisions have a lot of talent

Thats what happens when your sport is full of rejects from other sports
I'll also add whenever you have a sport were you have pros that say "I had my first pro fight after a month of training" or "They needed someone to fill in for a main event and jumped out of the crowd" (Rob Emersons story), then you really need to question the quality of your sport.

I can't train for a month and have my first PRO boxing fight. But seems to be the norm for MMA.

The only fair way to judge is listing the pure profit from each and divide by number of athletes and payroll percentage. The UFC numbers used to be ridiculously low, havent checked lately but dont expect the suits to change unless they have to when onto a good thing.

Average MMA salary. 34k.

This just seems ridiculous. But team sports just kill single player sports in every area pay wise.

I'm going to edit this a bit. The minimum AHL player makes 42k a year. The average is over 90k. This is the not good enough to play in NHL league. These games are not played in big stadiums. They don't sell ppv's and they don't have any big marketing. There isn't some big fan base, just the locals going to watch a game if they have nothing else to do. This whole league basically exists for the purpose of an NHL team going through a rash of injuries and they have to find someone to fill a spot. They grab one f these guys for a few days. And in those few days these guys make some big fucking cash. They don't pay for trainers or injuries or camps. I suppose my original post was meant to make a point. If you cannot pay a fighter at LEAST an average salary to live on, and I mean also include medical and training expenses, how can you expect new fighters to show up and improve the sport year after year. It really is a dumb as shit way to run a business. It is like a guy that wants to be an egg farmer, but won't buy any chickens.

I don't know if you are correct (on all sports).
The big difference is that players in major team sports are salaried, while individual sport athletes are paid by winnings.

But take Golf, Tennis, etc and they make a lot of money as well...

Sure, but they at least pay them enough that they can do it full time while they are employed in the game. Not the amateur hour the UFC pays. That's why you get guys like Brett 'The Wal-mart man' Rogers fighting for the HW championship.

Isn't Stipe still a non full time fighter? LOL. That's the guy with the most HW title defences in company history.
Stipe doesn’t work because he needs the money.

You do know that WWE is not a sport?

I forgot. Ufc isn’t really a sport either.
Pretty much the exact opposite
WWE pays 5-8% of revenue (UFC pays 13-17%) for 225 dates a year
They cannot even do anything without Vince approval
Far more restrictive for far less

The average wwe Performer makes around $400,000 plus merchandise and bonuses. That’s a lot more than $36,000 a year.

salary in MMA is only getting higher and higher and it's the natural thing to do as the sport gets bigger and bigger
giphy.gif

yeah you keep on this crazy shit about hwo the ufc will die in what, 5-10 years? but with no basis on reality. I don't even mind too much. I want USADA out, and if that's the price, so be it

but if the ufc dies, another promotion will take their place. but this will never happen and the salaries will only get higher and higher

And yet you answer and deliver nothing else than insults because you know you are so clueless. I had posted on sherdog for years before you even discovered mma so please child grow up.

"Need" and "ability to do so", not the same. Moron. And your appeal to authority shows how much of a weak minded tool you are.

And do not talk to me about being a fan of MMA longer you TUF nuthugging bottom feeder as YOU are the one that is calling early MMA, not MMA. The only thing you are good for, is increasing post count slapping your sorry arse around which I will continue to do until I grow tired of it and go back to picture and multimedia boards for another 6 months before coming back to have fun with the tards for a while.

And yet you answer and deliver nothing else than insults because you know you are so clueless. I had posted on sherdog for years before you even discovered mma so please child grow up. Talent level in MMA is still shit in most divisions the sport is too green and talented athletes find more lucurative sports. The amount of wrestlers or bjj practitioners do not help this since those people are not MMA fighters you moron. Hell actually the mma talent level seem to rise with NFL rejects

<OKC16>
even kickboxing is bigger

yeah you keep on this crazy shit about hwo the ufc will die in what, 5-10 years? but with no basis on reality. I don't even mind too much. I want USADA out, and if that's the price, so be it

but if the ufc dies, another promotion will take their place. but this will never happen and the salaries will only get higher and higher

{<hhh]
just enjoy the time.

hopefully Im wrong.
<mma1>

Stipe doesn’t work because he needs the money.

Fair enough.

But there are certainly other fighters that fight in the UFC, many I'd guess, that do have to work full time at a job outside of fighting.

Back