Crime Arizona Officer Shoots Unarmed Man: Acquitted

Him begging for his life doesn't mean anything here. People setting you up to shoot you will do that if they think it will give them the drop on you.
No, and neither did the police in the video.
I hope so. The guy reached to his waist fucking quick, I hope my response would have been the same.

I have random shit on a few of my rifles as well. Like "smile and wait for the flash". Some people have a different sense of humor than you.

Yes, it was and is a justified shooting.

Not in the childish way you would want me to and only if for some reason they asked me. His decisions and inability to comply lead to his death. As much as it sucks that it happened this was all his doing. At any point he could have just obeyed their commands as his companion did and he'd be alive.

Him begging for his life doesn't mean anything here. People setting you up to shoot you will do that if they think it will give them the drop on you.
No, and neither did the police in the video.
I hope so. The guy reached to his waist fucking quick, I hope my response would have been the same.

I have random shit on a few of my rifles as well. Like "smile and wait for the flash". Some people have a different sense of humor than you.

Yes, it was and is a justified shooting.

Not in the childish way you would want me to and only if for some reason they asked me. His decisions and inability to comply lead to his death. As much as it sucks that it happened this was all his doing. At any point he could have just obeyed their commands as his companion did and he'd be alive.

To be clear.

His genuinely begging for his life is of no consequence, and you hoping you would have shot him is really how you feel?

We agree only one thing that it "sucks" for his relatives, friends, and the man who is dead over literally nothing.

If I am given power, point a gun at you, and give you conflicting orders should I have the right to shoot you dead? Should anyone?

How about lie down with your hands behind your head while someone cuffs you?

Did the officers hokey-pokey not create the "problem" to begin with? Does he seem like a kind cop trying to do his best in the video, or like someone abusing his power?

Do you really in your heart of hearts feel this man should be dead for not obeying an impossible or else seriously flawed order?

I'll explain a little slower for you. You said the world needs.less people like me. People like me means less business owners and less teachers. That should have triggered the response you probably had but didn't type "but the world needs teachers and business owners". Then you'd realize your post was retarded.

anyone can be, but the world needs them none the less.

All kinds of people.

*fewer

That was fucking funny. I didn't hear about the case You're taking about. I've heard similar ones though, like where they shoot the dog in plain clothes so you come running out gun in hand and get blasted looking like the aggressor. Some crazy shit happens out there for sure.

You're fucking retarded if you think that was funny.

Murderous cop defenders are just as vile as the culprits they religiously defend.

Always preaching about being logical and being unemotional. Although it is important to think rationally and not be caught up by emotions, the fact that ppl can be completely unaffected emotionally and flippant about watching someone lose their life in needless fashion at the mercy of public servants is borderline sociopathic if you ask me.

This should sicken you if you have any semblance of actual patriotism as these are actual fellow citizens and compatriots.

Shit like this should NOT happen at the rate they do in a truly advanced society.

Consistently removing/ignoring all culpability from these cops and instead attaching it to these victims in order to justify bad/unnecessary shoots is despicable behavior.

Period.

There's no 'logical' in that video. This moron has an automatic weapon and can legally point it at you and has horrible trigger discipline.

The balance of power between the cop and the citizen seems very disproportionate in America.

Can't help but to imagine that this would be an outright race war if the victim was a member of a minority. That was about as bad as anything I've ever seen as far as police brutality.

What did he do that was wrong?
The sergeant gave excessive and unclear instructions while power tripping. If his aim was to come in and cuff the man, he had multiple opportunities to do so, which he passed up. If his aim was to have them walk past them and then be cuffed by the officers behind them, then he did a horrible job of doing that as well. He basically led the man in a high-stakes game of Simon Says which ended up being deadly.

The lower-ranking officer who pulled the trigger, shot prematurely and showed poor judgment by inscribing "you're fucked" on the rifle that he killed that guy with. This video should be used in police training to show officers and aspiring officers what NOT to do.

It isn't just the North Hollywood shooting. Studies done into why and how Police have been killed since the late 60s greatly affect the way the Police now interact with people.
I agree, it's almost always more than one incident that changes everything in a particular field, but that was a watershed moment and things changed most drastically after that. Things were different in the 60s, 70s, 80s and even the 90s to some extent. I think if that same encounter happens in the 80s, the man probably just gets detained and then let off with a warning.

Can you? Yes. (You are physically capable)
Would it be legal? Maybe(depends on a lot of factors)
Would it be the right thing to do? Probably not(but it depends on your objective)
Would it work out in your favor? Nope.(almost impossible to not lose here)

So can you, yes. Should you, nope.
Unless you’re an old prick with a rifle/shotgun in your vehicle. I’ve seen 3 dash cam videos of officers losing firefights with old dudes with guns. Must have been Vietnam vets.

Snowflake culture which you perpetuate(if you aren’t trolling) has become absolutely absurd. The officer needs to have his job reinstated with back pay and money for pain and suffering.
LOL. The cops are the special snowflakes here who are too precious to take any risks at all. They used to be brave men who were willing to take risks to do their job the right way. I'm an old school guy who hates this snowflake shit, so you're really barking up the wrong tree here.

I haven't read through the entire thread, so ignore me if I'm repeating shit:

The officer was likely acquitted because neither his firearm nor the body cam footage were allowed into evidence. IIRC, the 911 call didn't say that someone was waving a gun out a window, just that it looked like a man might have a gun.

Both cops should rot. I would be the first to call it a justified shooting if there wasn't some strange game of Simon Says being played with a drunk guy submitting to every demand for quite some time before he was shot. Reaching to pull up his shorts (or whatever he was doing) would definitely look sketchy if it was an immediate reaction to the police, but it wasn't. It was just something a drunk guy did after trying to follow insane and often contradictory orders from a power-hungry cop. The guy was executed.

LOL. The cops are the special snowflakes here who are too precious to take any risks at all. They used to be brave men who were willing to take risks to do their job the right way. I'm an old school guy who hates this snowflake shit, so you're really barking up the wrong tree here.
Don't feed the Old OT/Off Shoots troll bud...

1. they should have been able to detain him without making him play Simon Says
2. I'm surprised he didnt get shot the first time he put his hands behind his back
3. The a****** cop we hear, taints the video for the cop who pulled the trigger
4. Reaching for your waist is NEVER a good idea when a gun has been drawn on you.

There was no way that he could have survived that situation. The cop was fixed to kill and a pure sadist.

The cop told him that he was gonna shoot him and he wouldn't survive if he made "another" mistake.

He didn't make a mistake and the cop made impossible demands that no one could have followed in that exact situation.

Although the victim did not follow the instructions properly it was stupid to have him crawl over like that.

They should have cleared that room first and then cuffed both of their asses while they were flat on the ground.

Having someone crawl like that may cause someone's pants or shorts to fall off. People will instinctively reach to pull their pants up. Not only that but as trigger happy as that cop was he would have shot him if he suddenly fell. These directions are for someone not under duress and do not work safely because there are too many possible problems (victim could be drunk, high, have ADD, scared, etc..).

Whoever trained these cops should check and revamp it. You cannot beat the classic lay down with your hands on your head instructions. Cop shoulda been fired at the very least IMO (mistake was made and it should be paid).

Not sure what type of training this officer had, but I’ve seen people fail out of the academy for shooting someone with a gun in his hand because it wasn’t pointed at anyone. They couldn’t articulate an imminent threat in the debrief, simply having a gun wasn’t enough without intent or a target.

There was no weapon, intent or delivery system here. It’s a bad shoot and the cop should have been convicted. Jury must have been ignorant to the rules or something.

1. they should have been able to detain him without making him play Simon Says
2. I'm surprised he didnt get shot the first time he put his hands behind his back
3. The a****** cop we hear, taints the video for the cop who pulled the trigger
4. Reaching for your waist is NEVER a good idea when a gun has been drawn on you.
Thought the cop talking WAS the shooter

Yes and no. We all operate on a social contract that has authority figures. He is one of those figures. He has been given the authority to control that confrontation and authorized to use force in doing so. These are all known factors here. He has given you an order, an order that just played out ending in your companions safe detention. All you have to do to live is follow her example. Then the situation will be resolved however it would have happened. Instead you fail to comply, act erratically and in a sudden move reach for your waist and are shot.

You are suppose to dummy proof orders so anyone will be able to follow without any chance of mistakes happening.

In this case the guy reached to pull his pants up and got shot. An innocent reactionary mistake that was not anticipated. You run this scenario 100 times with 100 different people wearing different things and shit like this will occur. That's why you dummy proof your orders. What's wrong with the classic "lay flat, legs crossed or apart, hands on your head" until they clear the room and cuff them?

If they were worried about someone in the room, wait for more backup. An innocent person died because cops don't do things properly anymore.

What a fucking jackass. I hate the guys that act like this. I have one or two that I currently work with and a few that i used to work with. I endlessly harass that shit out of them.

Just a couple of days ago, we went into a house to arrest a guy sleeping on a couch. He was wanted for a string of burglaries and ran from an officer a few days prior. Anyway, one of the cops i mentioned is acting all swat cop as we enter, yelling commands. I shoved him aside and threw the guy down and cuffed him. I then got up and said “he’s all yours, ace.”
i used to have a guy like that who traned UFC at the place i went to years ago. He always bragged about his SWAT activities and he was a straight up beta manlet. When he held pads I would punch them super hard from weird angles and watch him grimace and then when we rolled I would twist him up a little extra for good measure.

The funny thing is that like most gung-ho bully twats is that he took a liking to me because I was physically superior so then I was being mancrushed by him. Lol your guy might send you a valentine if you abuse him enough.

Back