Crime Arizona Officer Shoots Unarmed Man: Acquitted

So the cop was making nonsense commands that put the guy in a situation to get him shot. i.e. crawling on the floor with basketball shorts causing them to fall down his waist making him reach to keep them up.

It wasn't a cluster fuck all round. ALL of that was on the psycho cop(s). One for making stupid and conflicting commands. Two for putting him in a situation where the guy had to reach back and pull up his pants, and Three for fucking murdering him.

Wasn't murder but the cop giving the commands should be fired or something and the guy that shot retrained or may fired.

Wasn't murder but the cop giving the commands should be fired or something and the guy that shot retrained or may fired.

So he's responsible for putting someone in a position that made him shoot, and you're going to fire him.... or have him "retrained". WTF?

I'll pose the same question to you that I posed to TSO. If I'm being detained unlawfully (something that happens all the time), and the cop goes for his belt, am I cleared to draw down and stitch him up?

He got killed because he reached for his waistline where people normally carry weapons if the have them on a gun call. Deserve has nothing to do with it. He fucked up and the cop reacted could it have been prevented, I think so but that doesn't change what happened and why the cop was let off.
He got killed because he was given moronic commands to follow.
He was pulling his fucking pants up after being told to crawl on his knees like a slave. The cop created the retarded scenario where this whole thing happened. You can't create a retarded situation and then be surprised when something retarded happens.

Rolling up on a drunk couple with rifles pointed at them and then yelling at them, threatening their lives, and then giving them a bunch of stupid ass orders could LIKELY end the way we saw it just end.
If i was told to crawl towards a cop, and i was scared, and as i was crawlin my pants started to fall down, it would be instinctual to pull up my goddamn pants.
It would make no logical sense for the guy to pull a gun at that moment. He was with his gf, and had a bunch of guns on him, and was begging to not be shot.
He didn't fuck up. He was murdered.

The cop's instructions were terrible.

"Pull yourself up to a kneeling position.....KEEP YOUR LEGS CROSSED!!!"

That said, the final movement the victim made was a poor one, and I can't blame the cop for treating it as a threat. However, the instructions he gave elevated the situation to unnecessary confusion. Not murder, but that guy shouldn't be a cop anymore.

If that ever happens to me, I'm just staying spread eagle, and telling the cop to come restrain me.

The cop's instructions were terrible.

"Pull yourself up to a kneeling position.....KEEP YOUR LEGS CROSSED!!!"

That said, the final movement the victim made was a poor one, and I can't blame the cop for treating it as a threat. However, the instructions he gave elevated the situation to unnecessary confusion. Not murder, but that guy shouldn't be a cop anymore.

If that ever happens to me, I'm just staying spread eagle, and telling the cop to come restrain me.

Well what's your instinct when your pants get dragged to your ankles, and someone's telling you to crawl or get shot?

Well what's your instinct when your pants get dragged to your ankles, and someone's telling you to crawl or get shot?

As I said, the cop's instructions were terrible, and I don't know enough about law enforcement to say what is and isn't protocol in a situations like that. From my understanding, you don't want the suspect moving if you can avoid it. I would think the cop had him neutralized enough to move in, when he was laying down. I don't get why he asked the guy to crawl towards him. To me that seems like he's elevating the danger, over letting the guy just lay there spread eagle while he moves in.

Maybe it was tactical though. I don't know what was reported, and if the cops knew how many potential suspects they were dealing with. I could see asking him to move towards him, if they wanted him to get away from the hallway he came around from.

As I said, the cop's instructions were terrible, and I don't know enough about law enforcement to say what is and isn't protocol in a situations like that. From my understanding, you don't want the suspect moving if you can avoid it. I would think the cop had him neutralized enough to move in, when he was laying down. I don't get why he asked the guy to crawl towards him. To me that seems like he's elevating the danger, over letting the guy just lay there spread eagle while he moves in.

Maybe it was tactical though. I don't know what was reported, and if the cops knew how many potential suspects they were dealing with. I could see asking him to move towards him, if they wanted him to get away from the hallway he came around from.

Your first instinct is exactly right. If that cop was to scared to close in on someone prone, their palms facing up, and ankles crossed touching their ass.... then he needed to stay in the car.

At best it's criminally negligent homicide, at worst he was itching to blow that guy away. Either way what the cop did was horrible and he should be in prison.

I think the cop giving directions fucked up and had the guy ( who was already losing it) all fucked up in what he was suppose to do.

He reached for his waistline and even if he was pulling up his pants the cop had no way to know that on a gun call.

It looked like a cluster fuck all the way around.

I can see however why the jury did not convict.

They did have a way to know, they could have fucking checked him while he lay face down with his hands outstretched with 6 guns on him.

While they were at it they could have cuffed him like any sane police force is trained to do instead of looking for opportunities to fulfil their Call of Duty fantasies and playing simon says in a effort to entertain themselves by humiliating a man that had not committed any crime.

Guys, I'm actually black.
I don't care about what race this guy was. Wrong is wrong. And this murder was wrong.
There is nothing stopping white Americans from protesting or rioting against police brutality. Instead, we had a jury, and people in this thread that are calling the cop's actions justifiable.
This isn't a race issue, every single person that saw that video should be outraged. Communities should have a bigger say in how they're being "protected"
Shit like this makes me glad that i left the country
The lowest denominator of any race will stoop low enough to praise the murder of a member of a different race. To me this shooting is a lot like the Philandro Castile shooting except he actually had a weapon.

Shame but don't reach when I cop as a gun pointed at you espicaly if he is answering a gun call.

The cop was acing a bit stupid but the shoot was justified. A shame and could habe been avoided but legally justified.
If it could have been avoided it wasn't justified.

None of the other cops fired, and according to the reports I've read Brailsford had been investigated before for excessive force (at least once).
He also claimed in his post shooting interview that Shaver was crawling forwards to get, "a better firing position on us." Which is clearly ridiculous BS.

"tie your legs together in a pretzel!!! Keep your hands up!!! Pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time!!!! Now that you can't move your legs crawl towards me!!!! One mistake and I will kill you!!!!

I'm sorry that's not how cops are supposed to act. I would expect something like this from the Mexican cartels.

Please give us your break down of the pros and cons of the current Police training model in the US, and ways it can be improved.
In states where police have been given additional training, weapon use has dropped dramatically, so yes, better training would definitely help.

I think the cop giving directions fucked up and had the guy ( who was already losing it) all fucked up in what he was suppose to do.

He reached for his waistline and even if he was pulling up his pants the cop had no way to know that on a gun call.

It looked like a cluster fuck all the way around.

I can see however why the jury did not convict.

the only way anyone can see this as a justified shooting is to be as fucked up as the people letting this murder go.

simple as that.

the cop should be put to death, image is your son the one being murdered.

"Hey dad, im going to las vegas"... ok take care dont get too wasted.... next thing you know, you see this... yeah understand anything my ass, there is zero chances that kid represented any type of threat to those cops, lke I said, all couldve been avoided if this pussy ass mother fucker wouldve have walked 2 meters and handcuff the kid, all the while his bodys were making sure the kid wouldnt move.

Solution no one is talking about: Privatize 'em!

Back