Crime Arizona Officer Shoots Unarmed Man: Acquitted

@TSO you are a miserable human being, there is no other way to put it. Fuck you and your parents.
I love how you guys can't argue the points being made and instead make knee jerk insults towards someone who can... and that means I'm somehow a scumbag... lol.

Don't ever change guys.

I love how you guys can't argue the points being made and instead make knee jerk insults towards someone who can... and that means I'm somehow a scumbag... lol.

Don't ever change guys.
Bud you called the guy who got shot a scumbag... Jesus H. Christ.

<{vega}>

Don't ever change guys.

Let me ask you. Can I draw down on a cop if he's detaining me unlawfully, and he touches his belt?

Last edited:
Let me ask you. Can I draw down on a cop if he's detaining me unlawfully, and he touches his belt?

Can you? Yes. (You are physically capable)
Would it be legal? Maybe(depends on a lot of factors)
Would it be the right thing to do? Probably not(but it depends on your objective)
Would it work out in your favor? Nope.(almost impossible to not lose here)

So can you, yes. Should you, nope.

Would it be the right thing to do? Probably not(but it depends on your objective)

I like most that you separated those out. From what I've noticed on here, most can't distinguish what's ethical and what's lawful. With that said, how do you figure "probably not"?

He's detaining me unlawfully. So he's effectively kidnapping. If I tried to leave, and he moves for his belt, why would I not be ethically justified in stitching him up from hip girdle to nasal cavity? Why would Brailsford be?

I like most that you separated those out. From what I've noticed on here, most can't distinguish what's ethical and what's lawful. With that said, how do you figure "probably not"?

He's detaining me unlawfully. So he's effectively kidnapping. If I tried to leave, and he moves for his belt, why would I not ethically justified in stitching him up from hip girdle to nasal cavity? If not, why would Brailsford be?
A lot of factors are at play. Survivability, who else may be put in danger, what the ongoing repercussions of your actions will be, and so on. Of course none of that will affect weather or not you draw, that's instinct.

You would be justified though, at least IMO.

A lot of factors are at play. Survivability, who else may be put in danger, what the ongoing repercussions of your actions will be, and so on. Of course none of that will affect weather or not you draw, that's instinct.

Let's put us in the same hallway as Brailsford. Cleared to shoot?

assuming we're Shaver

Take Shaver and that situation out of it. Me and the LEO are in the same hallway, with the same people that were around (or weren't). He's detaining me unlawfully, and moves for his belt. Something that happens all the time. Cleared hot?

Why? Because he's wearing a costume and a tin badge?
Yes and no. We all operate on a social contract that has authority figures. He is one of those figures. He has been given the authority to control that confrontation and authorized to use force in doing so. These are all known factors here. He has given you an order, an order that just played out ending in your companions safe detention. All you have to do to live is follow her example. Then the situation will be resolved however it would have happened. Instead you fail to comply, act erratically and in a sudden move reach for your waist and are shot.

Can you? Yes. (You are physically capable)
Would it be legal? Maybe(depends on a lot of factors)
Would it work out in your favor? Nope.(almost impossible to not lose here)

So can you, yes. Should you, nope.

Did you hear about that poor man who killed those dumbfuck cops climbing in his window in Texas? About how they made his life a living hell, executed his dog and slapped so many bullshit charges after legally defending his home?

Doug Stanhope talks about killing a cop for the right reason and it's wildly hilarious.

I can't believe you aren't holding the cops at fault for any of this.

Take Shaver and that situation out of it. Me and the LEO are in the same hallway, with the same people that were around (or weren't). He's detaining me unlawfully, and moves for his belt. Something that happens all the time. Cleared hot?
If he's detaining you unlawfully he's in the wrong. If you feel threatened do what you feel you need to do.

Yes and no. We all operate on a social contract that has authority figures. He is one of those figures. He has been given the authority to control that confrontation and authorized to use force in doing so. These are all known factors here. He has given you an order, an order that just played out ending in your companions safe detention. All you have to do to live is follow her example. Then the situation will be resolved however it would have happened. Instead you fail to comply, act erratically and in a sudden move reach for your waist and are shot.

If you want to admit the social contract (which is bullshit but thats an entirely separate conversation), its already breached because he's making an unlawful detention. Am I justified in gunning him down? Why not? I'll grant you it won't be ethical for me to death check him.... unless he has other cops with him because they now pose an immediate threat to me as well. You know... don't pass over live enemy and all.

Edit: Just saw you're above post. OK.

Back