Anyone Watch Shameless(Showtime)?

Let's see, that whole trans storyline, Kevin's basically a male feminist, immigration laws bad, little sis harping about some wage gap myth, Carl being emasculated, Fiona committing multiple felonies without consequences, other than her feelings, Liam is sexually confused at 9, I can probably go on here, but that's probably all I have the energy for lol

Kevin faked being a feminist to make money. Fiona's life has completely collapsed, she's losing everything and you know it's about to get much worse. Carl has taught his West Point girlfriend to forget school and make cash in petty crime. Liam is young, many kids wonder the same things at nine, and the show isn't trying to send a message here; it's been pretty straightforward in all dealings with homosexuality.

It's the ninth season. It's a bit thin but still knocks it out of the park every season. When a show runs THIS long I tend to lower my expectations some.

Kevin faked being a feminist to make money. Fiona's life has completely collapsed, she's losing everything and you know it's about to get much worse. Carl has taught his West Point girlfriend to forget school and make cash in petty crime. Liam is young, many kids wonder the same things at nine, and the show isn't trying to send a message here; it's been pretty straightforward in all dealings with homosexuality.

It's the ninth season. It's a bit thin but still knocks it out of the park every season. When a show runs THIS long I tend to lower my expectations some.
Sounds like you're seeing what you want to see, and ignoring the obvious, but whatever, I've been wrong once...

tenor.gif

Sounds like you're seeing what you want to see, and ignoring the obvious, but whatever, I've been wrong once...

tenor.gif

My grandmother hung me on a hook once.

I absolutely despise this show. Negative people leading shitty lives, being shitty to each other and just waiting for the next train wreck to happen. All it is.

Its boring, depressing, full of dumb decisions by the characters and everyone in this show is an asshole.

I thought the title said shemales,I'm leaving very disappointed.

Great some .

I have enjoyed it from day one.

I am hoping to start watching the British version this summer some time.

Like everything good, the goodness does not last forever.

I absolutely despise this show. Negative people leading shitty lives, being shitty to each other and just waiting for the next train wreck to happen. All it is.

Its boring, depressing, full of dumb decisions by the characters and everyone in this show is an asshole.

It can be a tough watch but the writing has been extraordinary and the show has given us some incredible scenes.

Not long ago Frank was in the hospital, dying as his liver failed, completely high on meds. He hallucinated that the little girl in the next bed was his daughter Fiona, and he apologized for all the terrible things he had done and for being a miserable father. The little girl played along and held his hand. It was beautifully written and performed.

This show comes up with moments that are transcendent. I'm pretty sure there are several times I've popped into this thread and others like it just to say "holy shit."

This season is going down hill with SJW bullshit and with Fiona and Ian leaving next season it should just end. No one cares about Gay Jesus.

They should end this season by them all getting killed in random areas by Chicago’s weekly gun violence.

A kev and Vi spin off could be good.

This show has gone to total shit. They should have ended it a couple of seasons ago. I loved these characters, they all had their unique charms. I don't know who's writing for it now, but it feels like unqualified fans who got woke over the years. There's so much virtue signaling nonsense; it's like they are apologizing, in script, for being so crass in the past.

How did Fiona become more likable than her annoying sister too, she was a great character? Poor Kevin, poor dude got castrated. I can't imagine new viewers enjoying this. There are still great moments (Frank usually delivers, and Liam has developed) but it's getting more difficult to sit through. If I wasn't streaming it and able to fast forward parts, I couldn't sit through it.

You hit the nail on the head here. I still watch as I kind have grew attached to the characters.

Showtime in general had been pushing the sjw agenda with their series since Trump got elected. I'm also pissed that they cancelled Dice.

I still enjoy the show, but I find myself cringing quite a bit at it.

This show has gone to total shit. They should have ended it a couple of seasons ago. I loved these characters, they all had their unique charms. I don't know who's writing for it now, but it feels like unqualified fans who got woke over the years. There's so much virtue signaling nonsense; it's like they are apologizing, in script, for being so crass in the past.

How did Fiona become more likable than her annoying sister too, she was a great character? Poor Kevin, poor dude got castrated. I can't imagine new viewers enjoying this. There are still great moments (Frank usually delivers, and Liam has developed) but it's getting more difficult to sit through. If I wasn't streaming it and able to fast forward parts, I couldn't sit through it.

Yea it's getting bad. I try my best to ignore it but man this illegal immigrant kid about made me lose my shit. I don't watch TV so I can have current political events shoved in my fucking face 24/7. It's an escape from reality which this show used to excel at. I'm out after Fiona leaves anyways.

Yeah, this season has gotten really good in the past few episodes. This last episode in particular. Frank's speech about good drunks and bad drunks was poetry.

The acting has never been better that it is now, even if people are weary of the story. I'm not, at all.

Emmy Rossum has never won an award for this show, which is criminal.

I binge watched the first 5 seasons like a mad man, kinda fell off for me dont know why. Lip and Carl are the best.

Season 8 was shit, I feel like season 9 has been much better.

I said I was done after Fiona left the show but this season has shown me that I think Lip and Carl can carry the show in her absence at least a couple more seasons when she leaves.

Last edited:
I like the show, somewhere down the line though I had to start fast forwarding some of Ian's scenes. As a matter of fact Ian in general for me has become insufferable.

Show has been sliding downhill for a while, and I havent seen Emmy Rossum's tits in several seasons... Time to move along

The show has a few laughs and it's a good thing to watch with the old lady, but it has gotten extremely stale the past couple seasons and doesn't feel a thing like living/growing up in chiacgo

Back