Anyone Watch Shameless(Showtime)?

MikeHolmes

Green Belt
Reaction score
Lately, I've been binge watching this show on Netflix. It is pretty hilarious at times, although it is also a drama. I'm curious if the British version is worth watching, as well.

"No more alcohol, just drugs" Frank

One of the only shows that my gf and I watch together... Has some hilarious scenes. Last season or two have started to become stale, but the most recent season finale made up for it IMO. I liked it more when Frank was the main character and not Fiona.

Haven't seen teh American version but the British version was a bit shit IMO

One of the only shows that my gf and I watch together... Has some hilarious scenes. Last season or two have started to become stale, but the most recent season finale made up for it IMO. I liked it more when Frank was the main character and not Fiona.

Yeah, Fiona's a bitch. She's done some terrible things, yet seems to think highly of herself. Carl paid for the house with drug money, yet she uses it as collateral for a loan and acts like she can charge rent.

Yeah, Fiona's a bitch. She's done some terrible things, yet seems to think highly of herself. Carl paid for the house with drug money, yet she uses it as collateral for a loan and acts like she can charge rent.
Yeah and she is a drama queen. I mean I get that she wants some say and control since she did basically raise her younger siblings, but at the same time they are all grown up now and it's not like she didn't get some help along the way either. Frank, big Kev(who suddenly isn't as big as he used to be) and Lip are my favorite characters.... The gay dudes are pretty funny too although a little hard to watch at times lol

I'm watching Season 5. I don't understand why Mickey doesn't kill Svetlana. She's constantly threatening that she'll tell Mickey's dad about him being homosexual as well as threatening to call the cops when Ian takes the baby. Mickey was going to kill Frank to keep his homosexuality secret, and he had no proof Frank would tell. Svetlana threatens she will do it and he does nothing to her.

It jumps the shark around season 6.

The acting is good, and I do not consider myself a prude or a moralist, but some of the topics in Shameless I find very disturbing. Fiona was sociopathic, and psychotic, she should be in jail for several counts of "contributing to the Delinquency of a minor". I have nothing against Homosexuality, but a 15 year old (Ian) having a sexual relationship with the 40 year old married store owner was way over the top, same thing with Frank fucking his girlfriends 15 year old daughter. I also did not like when Debbie was 13 and was desperately trying to lose her virginity. Another disgusting scene that comes to mind was when Veronica could not get pregnant, so she gives Kiven the permission to fuck and impregnate her Mother. This kind of shit crosses the line between being provocative and outright disgusting.

Last edited:
Big Fan here, like the trash humour of the show and the emotional rollercoaster. I really like Kev and Carl who are the funny side of the show, Fiona is Hot but annoying. V and Svetlana have great tits (Topless in the last season).
Will H Macy i really good cating in Franck's role. Don't care much about Deb, lip and Ian (His relationship with the guy in last season was cringeworthy to watch)

One night after getting trashed and getting arrested after being jumped by marines in San Clemente by camp pendleton, I didnt have my wallet on me, and I refused to tell the cop my name was anything but "Frank fucking Galliger" so they took me into holding... but actually let me go when my cousin came and picked me up...

Yeah great show. It's like "Its Always Sunny" on steroids, and with a bigger budget. When is GoT coming back tho?

Oh yeah, and the newest season had hands down, in my opinion, the best episode of the entire series. Somewhere in the middle.

Lately, I've been binge watching this show on Netflix. It is pretty hilarious at times, although it is also a drama. I'm curious if the British version is worth watching, as well.

"No more alcohol, just drugs" Frank

It's one of my favorite shows on television right now. From what I've heard (unless you're British) the original version kind of sucks.

It's one of my favorite shows on television right now. From what I've heard (unless you're British) the original version kind of sucks.

I'm up to where Carl gets arrested for dealing drugs and gets embraced by the blacks in juvy because he didn't snitch. I wonder if that's realistic.

I'm three episodes in and struggling to motivate myself to keep watching tbh. I hear it gets better as it goes on, but right now I find myself not caring about the characters.

I'm three episodes in and struggling to motivate myself to keep watching tbh. I hear it gets better as it goes on, but right now I find myself not caring about the characters.

I can see that. They are all kind of assholes, but I enjoy the "Shameless" shit they do, particularly Frank in his pursuit of being high/drunk 24/7

I'm up to where Carl gets arrested for dealing drugs and gets embraced by the blacks in juvy because he didn't snitch. I wonder if that's realistic.

Maybe. He was running drugs for the brothers. I don't know how gangs are in juvy, but in big boy prison guys usually get embraced by the gangs they ran with on the street.

Used to watch it but I got tired of seeing their miserable, depressing lives and Frank.

Show is awesome, some shit reminds me of times past.

The acting is good, and I do not consider myself a prude or a moralist, but some of the topics in Shameless I find very disturbing. Fiona was sociopathic, and psychotic, she should be in jail for several counts of "contributing to the Delinquency of a minor". I have nothing against Homosexuality, but a 15 year old (Ian) having a sexual relationship with the 40 year old married store owner was way over the top, same thing with Frank fucking his girlfriends 15 year old daughter. I also did not like when Debbie was 13 and was desperately trying to lose her virginity. Another disgusting scene that comes to mind was when Veronica could not get pregnant, so she gives Kiven the permission to fuck and impregnate her Mother. This kind of shit crosses the line between being provocative and outright disgusting.

You sound fun.

Are you blind to the world you live in ? all that is nothing to what actually happens all around you each and every day.

Used to watch it but I got tired of seeing their miserable, depressing lives and Frank.

Dude Frank is a Goat character and acting.

I can see that. They are all kind of assholes, but I enjoy the "Shameless" shit they do, particularly Frank in his pursuit of being high/drunk 24/7

It's not even the fact that they're assholes. Some of my favorite characters in TV and film are assholes, it's just that I don't find their antics particulary amusing or interesting. I also don't think any of the characters are charismatic enough to pull it off, except Frank.

But like I said, Only 3 episodes in. My opinion might change.

It's not even the fact that they're assholes. Some of my favorite characters in TV and film are assholes, it's just that I don't find their antics particulary amusing or interesting. I also don't think any of the characters are charismatic enough to pull it off, except Frank.

But like I said, Only 3 episodes in. My opinion might change.

I didn't like the first few episodes, either. It focused too much on Fiona having a boyfriend court her. Not much hijinx yet.

Back