Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if...

I chipped in with friends for that fight

Yes, I wanted Conor I o win, but regardless, I fucking loved that fight. Well worth the 20 I threw in. I would have paid up to 50 out of pocket. Great fucking event!

Floyd was toying with him. If he wants to KO Conor in the first, he will.

Floyd took a clean shot from Mosley that rocked him but didn't put him down. I bet Mosley hits much harder than Conor.

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.
I don't think Floyd pulls his straight right hand in an MMA fight. So no, the uppercut never lands in the first place.

image.gif

wS34IZ.gif

tumblr_nnrajn4Xtq1rofocqo1_400.gif

JaZbnk2.gif

5fb1a8.gif

Proof is in the pudding.
What proof? Proof that nothing hit Mayweather properly?

I like Conor. But you are retarded if you think that Conor wins any kind of boxing match vs Floyd. It was obvious that Floyd didnt take him seriously before.

people have no idea how much of an impact mma gloves will have on this bout

MMA gloves aren't going to magically add power to Conor's hands. What they WILL do is force Floyd to defend differently.

But what about the shots Floyd landed? Would they not be a problem for Conor with 4 oz gloves?

According to Mayweather fans smaller gloves and clinching will have Conor ko'd in no time

Well he faced a supposedly stronger guy in McGregor and absolutely bossed the inside aspect of their fight. It was only remotely competitive while Floyd was being kept on the outside.

Clinching isn't a uniform term in combat sports and specificity is absolutely key. A boxer absolutely will be stronger than a non-boxer in a clinch in a boxing ring because boxing is about landing punches and damaging the opponent - not an absolute display of strength.

Inside fighting is one of the weakest aspects of Conor's boxing, and one of the strongest of Mayweather's. McGregor might have grappling experience and be able to shift more weight in the gym, but it absolutely does not mean he can effectively get off shots on the inside with Mayweather, as we've already seen.

How is Floyd's MT defense?

If the gloves had been different they would both have fought differently. You can't predict exactly how it would go but chances are floyd will still completely outclass conor. The skill gap was too big.

It was a sparring match between friends.

Watch each sequence.

Neither guy attempted to harm the other. 100% heist. Floyd even wore a ski mask to the ring.

It was an excellent con, will not watch again though.

Fool me once...

Your buy the Fookin "MMA" fight!!! Or else.....

Mma gloves would completely change the fight and I'm not even a conor fan. Blocking and the extra damage favor conors chances of downing Floyd. That being said it could also make for an easier night for Floyd too. Couldn't honestly tell you which means it makes for an interesting matchup w/4oz gloves

No, but it might have hurt/stunned him, and that overhand right he threw afterwards would have connected a lot better/crisper in smaller gloves, and possibly dropped Floyd.

Back