Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if...

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.

Sir, you seem very naive so I will explain. The reason Floyd took shots is because he had NO respect for Conor punching power, Floyd avoids shots like the plague on a normal basis he’s one of the best in the world at it and you can clearly see that he didn’t mind Conor’s power at all, heck he jumped into some of his shots and just walked through them. To think Floyd would take those shots if Conor was using mma gloves is just plain naive and silly

8oz boxing gloves, 4oz MMA gloves or even his bare hands, by boxing standards Conor punches like a girl and does not have the power to remotely bother someone like Mayweather. There really is no debate to be had on this, the evidence is there fro us all to see with our own eyes. Put Conor in his 4oz MMA gloves and even Amir Khan would laugh at his bets shots and walk through them.

The whole Conor's power in MMA gloves compared to his power in boxing gloves is like seeing a guy fail to raw deadlift a measly 200lbs and then claiming that he's actually really strong, he just needs to wear a suit and wraps and he's doing 600lbs for reps lol. Yeah, these things make a difference, but not that much difference ffs.

People really do get confused with glove weight. Just think about a boxing gloves total weight. It includes the wrist padding too much is huge compared to an mma glove. I've used both types of gloves and the funny thing is, you can and will throw much harder punches in a boxing glove due to increased protection.

No. That fight was embarrassing. If you've ever seen a Floyd fight you'd realize he wasn't fighting like himself. Mayweather was walking Conor down and eating shots.
No respect, zero.

Conor would definitely smoke Mayweather in MMA, no question, absolutely embarrass him. Why else would the only details we know about their potential "MMA fight", is that it could potentially include hybrid rules.

Just as Floyd would get embarrassed, Conor was embarrassed. Walked down and finished by the smaller man, who wasn't even playing to his strengths.

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.
Floyd has a pretty good chin. If that shot is a hook then maybe without gloves theres a higher chance to knock floyd out. But with an uppercut, i'd say boxing gloves provide more mass and you'd be more likely to ko with boxing gloves. I'm kinda speaking on a whim here, can anybody provide a little more insight on this?

Conor has below average power by boxing standards.

It’s a good thing that Floyd didn’t have to face Conor with smaller gloves...

UnripeHoarseAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif
boop

8oz boxing gloves actually have less padding over the knuckle area than 4oz MMA gloves.

I don't blame TS, i blame the idiot that liked his post

It was a solid punch for sure but it grazed Mayweathers chest so it took some of the power away. Also, may weather is a master and he made adjustments and didn’t get touched by another uppercut after that.

Lucky it wasn't bare knuckles or else Mayweather would be the headless horseman!

Plus Conor can fly when he spreads his lats. Anyone else think Mayweather scared of lift off??

Striking doesn't work with boxing gloves.

Yeah. They tried to build a sport around striking with boxing gloves on but had to abandon mission because striking doesn't work with boxing gloves.

That's why there is no sport called boxing and boxers can't hit hard.

Good points....

Removing mass from his fist isn't going to improve the odds of a KO.
Huh, yes it will. The force will be concetrated on a smaller space. That's why it's easier to get knocked out with mma gloves.

He also landed his 'deadly' left hook flush on the button at one point but it went largely unnoticed because Floyd simply carried on like nothing had happened.

DeficientLazyIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

By boxing standards he can't punch for shit. Paulie Malignaggi no doubts hits harder. Accept it and move on.

Stop acting like children for a second.

Im not a Conor lover.

90% of the punches thrown in MMA have chit technique, that's kind of my point.

Striking doesn't work with boxing gloves.

But why do we automatically thing Floyd would be himself with MMA gloves on though?...or even that his brittle hands would hold up to the damage?

Range is different, timing...everything changes when the gloves change.
And this is why he wont fight mma. Hrs not a prostitute for money and understands this.

McGregor simply isn't much of a punch even compared to top level boxers who are much smaller than him, let alone guys his own size. He weighs a similar amount if not more than the likes of Gennady Golovkin, don't forget.

Conor could literally rape Floyd in front of his wife. Why is there any discussion of whos the better fighter?

Bunch of fuqqin drama queens in this thread.

You don't want to discuss striking vs boxing or glove differences?...fine...stay out of the thread and let it die a death.

Most men on here post like mean high school girls and 77% of you are simply not funny...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back