Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if...

He didn't land shit anyway but i just mean he would have probably went the distance and landed punches on Floyds gloves and arms a lot and certain McGregor fans would consider that doing well.

When I watched first couple rounds first time, I thought he did ok, guessing the rabbit punches and other things. Then I watched again with no volume and by myself. That when I seen how Floyd was carried the fight. I don’t know if Conor would made it to the 12th rounds, if Floyd fought defensive to end fight soon he could. Conor might of gassed himself faster chasing Floyd trying to catch him.

But Conor fans need look at that fight realistically. He had only on game play Fight offense against defense fighter. Try set his pace to win the fight. but Floyd changed his game up on him. Conor had fight the pace of what Floyd pushed it. Conor couldn’t tie up with Floyd get breaks from getting tired or put his weight on Floyd. Floyd implied his game on to Conor, it showed in that fight.

If you have power and proper tech you can ko no matter the gloves.

He was bum who used his fame to garner a 100million $$$$ payday because his fans are clueless and believe all the hyperbole that is spewed.

When I watched first couple rounds first time, I thought he did ok, guessing the rabbit punches and other things. Then I watched again with no volume and by myself. That when I seen how Floyd was carried the fight. I don’t know if Conor would made it to the 12th rounds, if Floyd fought defensive to end fight soon he could. Conor might of gassed himself faster chasing Floyd trying to catch him.

But Conor fans need look at that fight realistically. He had only on game play Fight offense against defense fighter. Try set his pace to win the fight. but Floyd changed his game up on him. Conor had fight the pace of what Floyd pushed it. Conor couldn’t tie up with Floyd get breaks from getting tired or put his weight on Floyd. Floyd implied his game on to Conor, it showed in that fight.
Floyd was lucky to dodge that uppercut and some left hands. Conor lands those flush in an MMA fight and most boxing fights. Good fortune for Mayweather in that fight but it's like the Nate fight: fluke, and Conor takes it easily in the rematch.

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.

No. It was a good shot, but wasn't as flush as people make it out to be. As for the gloves saving him "a couple of times" that uppercut was literally the only shot with any sort of sting in it that Conor landed all night.

Floyd was lucky to dodge that uppercut and some left hands. Conor lands those flush in an MMA fight and most boxing fights. Good fortune for Mayweather in that fight but it's like the Nate fight: fluke, and Conor takes it easily in the rematch.
not sure if serious. luck has nothing to do with fighting. connor only looked remotely good because floyd is not much of a puncher. against any decent puncher he would have been knocked out in the first two rounds.

Nice trolling, stop make Conor fan boys think he had real chance, specially in rematch .. Conor boxing shit, Dana doesn’t want conor to box no more and they are boxing management promoters now. Half the people think Nate won the last fight.

This thread let’s me know most of you dudes have never taken a single boxing class. MMA and boxing gloves have similar padding

Conor is one of my favorite MMA fighters but with MMA gloves Conor just goes out a few rounds sooner with a few more bruises.

Badou Jack was the MVP of that card

The 50-0 fighter was lucky to not have been KO'd by the completely outmatched a pro boxing novice? Do you even read what you write? <36>

Floyd is on an entire different planet boxing wise compared to someone like McGregor.

Back