Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if...

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.

The discussion for that event is over. There is nothing left to go over. It must remain in the past

Eh

idk about that

But MMA gloves would completely change the fight

Conor got the lighter gloves that he desired so much and still his power didn’t convert over to boxing.

OP get over it you are in denial. Fact is Folyd toyed with the man and made his boxing look like a Rinda shadow boxing gif. Floyd took that upper and realized Connor had no power.

These mcgregor fans need professional help because this is just absurd.

With lighter gloves little Floyd just messes him up earlier. It’s why Floyds response to Conor’s demand for 8oz gloves was “ok then”.

NO. Boxing pundits have explained it. The punch wasnt thrown properley. Not as far as traditional boxing standards go and thats why it had little to no power on it. Boxing is a science , and it's very hard to master. Conor has good mma boxing but ot showed vs Floyd his actual technique is poor.

It’s a good thing that Floyd didn’t have to face Conor with smaller gloves...

UnripeHoarseAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif

I still can't believe Conor convinced people to pay money for that. I understand he's the first Scottish MMA champion and has lots of fans in his home country but still guys... come on.

Floyd said that his last few opponents hit much harder.

“Conor has dynamite in his hands! If he catches Floyd...”

DGW

Stop acting like children for a second.

Im not a Conor lover.

90% of the punches thrown in MMA have chit technique, that's kind of my point.

Striking doesn't work with boxing gloves.

But why do we automatically thing Floyd would be himself with MMA gloves on though?...or even that his brittle hands would hold up to the damage?

Range is different, timing...everything changes when the gloves change.

I'm a Conor fan and I realize Floyd was nice enough to make the fight worth paying for

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.
Coulda woulda shoulda
But but but if if if....

Didn't connect clean...
And with even smaller gloves it wouldn't have been touched Floyd...

Stop acting like children for a second.

Im not a Conor lover.

90% of the punches thrown in MMA have chit technique, that's kind of my point.

Striking doesn't work with boxing gloves.

But why do we automatically thing Floyd would be himself with MMA gloves on though?...or even that his brittle hands would hold up to the damage?

Range is different, timing...everything changes when the gloves change.

There was a logical fallacy in the build up to this fight that Conor would have the advantages in power, strength and rough house tactics. As is having a few tattoos and a mean scowl could compensate for being at the top of your profession for 20 years.

In any fight that involves hands and only hands in a striking sense, Floyd fucks him up badly. The smaller the glove the quicker that plays out.

I still can't believe Conor convinced people to pay money for that. I understand he's the first Scottish MMA champion and has lots of fans in his home country but still guys... come on.

Scottish, come on dude that's just lazy

Floyd is old today. Eventually he will be KOed if he keeps fighting, but my guess is McG wont do it.

Back