Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if...

There was a logical fallacy in the build up to this fight that Conor would have the advantages in power, strength and rough house tactics. As is having a few tattoos and a mean scowl could compensate for being at the top of your profession for 20 years.

In any fight that involves hands and only hands in a striking sense, Floyd fucks him up badly. The smaller the glove the quicker that plays out.

i dont like conor much but he does. Floyd would be fucked if stronger guy could clinch him non stop. let alone if he could use elbows and knees.

This all too often discussed uppercut didn't even land flush, it deflects off Floyd's chest.

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.
I think it is a ridiculous point.
Floyd was toying with Conor. And he knew he could take those punches WITH THOSE GLOVES
If Gloves were smaller, Floyd would simple be more elusive and would avoid getting hit.

So this is a non-issue.

Quick TC give me your password so I can delete this stupid topic for you

The discussion for that event is over. There is nothing left to go over. It must remain in the past

but that would mean we can't laugh at shit like this anymore

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

or this one

8LPSsKN.gif

im still puzzled at wtf that was. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: did a mad dash for about 3/4 feet just to get punched in the face

Removing mass from his fist isn't going to improve the odds of a KO.

It was a sparring match between friends.

Watch each sequence.

Neither guy attempted to harm the other. 100% heist. Floyd even wore a ski mask to the ring.

It was an excellent con, will not watch again though.

Fool me once...

Another Conor thread with "if" in the title?

I am shocked at this.

but that would mean we can't laugh at shit like this anymore

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

or this one

8LPSsKN.gif

im still puzzled at wtf that was. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: did a mad dash for about 3/4 feet just to get punched in the face

the most horrifying part is MCG's feet in the second gif.

7ptwepkxwf4-jpg.267775

Conor landed 2 punches that hit the mark in 30 minutes. Get over it.

Stop acting like children for a second.

Im not a Conor lover.

90% of the punches thrown in MMA have chit technique, that's kind of my point.

Striking doesn't work with boxing gloves.

But why do we automatically thing Floyd would be himself with MMA gloves on though?...or even that his brittle hands would hold up to the damage?

Range is different, timing...everything changes when the gloves change.
No because without the threat of takedowns and kicks...it would still be a boxing match-in a cage...You think boxing is all about hitting or getting hit and taking the hit. You think Floyd would fight the way he did if the gloves are more threatening? You think Conor has changed since the last fight and is now a better boxer than before? If anything I'm not sure if Conor could hold on further with the amount of punches he's going to take with mma gloves from a superior boxer...

Same stance, same angle, same distance, same punch, same reach....all that with even smaller gloves....Conni hits air

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back