Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if...

McGregor simply isn't much of a punch even compared to top level boxers who are much smaller than him, let alone guys his own size. He weighs a similar amount if not more than the likes of Gennady Golovkin, don't forget.

Compared to natural Middleweights, which is what Conor would be in the boxing world, he's feather fisted. That division is stacked with incredible punchers.

Conor doesn't even have the same level of power as someone like Billy Joe Saunders.

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.

That uppercut goes to show that McGregor's power is over rated. That was a perfectly clean uppercut and if McGregor had any power then he could have stopped Mayweather but he doesn't.

Assuming that this video is accurate McGregor only slightly has more power than Mayweather.

Given fairly equal power and Mayweather being more accurate with his punches and better defensively, in a modified mma fight with mostly boxing rules there is a better chance of Mayweather getting the KO.

Who knows, only thing I do know is that these supposed rules for their rematch are the rules that should have been in place for the first fight. It should have been something in between the 2 sports but it wasn't, Mcgregor boxed Mayweather and the only rematch I want to see is an mma fight not a boxing match with mma gloves.

Conor Fans / Floyd haters have GOT to be the most desperate people on God's green Earth.

Hey, you guys... you think if Floyd was blind folded and tied up to a tree and Conor had the immortal Iron Fist of K'un Lun he'd beat Floyd?

Floyd in the 12th.

Sir, you seem very naive so I will explain. The reason Floyd took shots is because he had NO respect for Conor punching power, Floyd avoids shots like the plague on a normal basis he’s one of the best in the world at it and you can clearly see that he didn’t mind Conor’s power at all, heck he jumped into some of his shots and just walked through them. To think Floyd would take those shots if Conor was using mma gloves is just plain naive and silly

Yeah, the defensive master wanted to be punched in the face. Smart thinking, Oscaraps. Genius.

Conor was throwing some Atomweight punches in there, it looked like how a Atomweight punches, powder puff punches. There was nothing on those shots, the uppercut was a like how a journeyman Atomweight punches. Conor is no good. Gloves don't mean nothing, he isn't a elite fighter.

He isn't an elite fighter?

See, this is just stoopit chit...why bother typing it?

Conors power is weak with boxing gloves because it takes years and years to master the art of boxing and Conor has spent his life mastering mixed fighting with smaller gloves.

Floyd wasn't even throwing in the first 2 rounds.

Floyd knew Conor couldn't last 12 rounds, no matter how light Conors punches were.

Floyd didn't stand and bang with the pillow fisted mixed martial artist.

Why not?

Also, Floyd wasn't gonna KO Conor no matter how many punches he landed. The ref stopped it because Conor couldn't even raise his arms anymore.

Conor gassed...period

Conors power is weak with boxing gloves because it takes years and years to master the art of boxing and Conor has spent his life mastering mixed fighting with smaller gloves.

Floyd knew Conor couldn't last 12 rounds, no matter how light Conors punches were.

Why not?

Also, Floyd wasn't gonna KO Conor no matter how many punches he landed. The ref stopped it because Conor couldn't even raise his arms anymore.

Conor gassed...period

Didn't they do a study with Bas where he punches bare knuckle, with an mma glove, and a boxing glove. I believe the difference between the boxing and mma glove were so small it was ridiculous.

The fact is someone pointed it out earlier, McGregor's approach in an MMA fight compared to a boxing match is completely different and potentially takes a lot of his power away. It's also fair to say that Mayweather might have a stronger chin then we all realize and can take some serious shots.

I seriously can't believe people bought a card where a 40 year old retired boxier beat the crap out of someone who had no business being in the ring.

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.

Convict McGregor KOs exactly zero guys that are not midgets. He bragged about it himself. Pillow fisted would be a bit stupid to say. But that joker is straight KOing exactly zero men that fight at LW or above.

And you can take that shit to the bank.

Didn't they do a study with Bas where he punches bare knuckle, with an mma glove, and a boxing glove. I believe the difference between the boxing and mma glove were so small it was ridiculous.

The fact is someone pointed it out earlier, McGregor's approach in an MMA fight compared to a boxing match is completely different and potentially takes a lot of his power away. It's also fair to say that Mayweather might have a stronger chin then we all realize and can take some serious shots.

He is a multiple weight world champion boxer who has never been stopped, or even come close to being.

It’s shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone, but he likely has a better chin than anyone Conor has shared a ring or cage with.

I seriously can't believe people bought a card where a 40 year old retired boxier beat the crap out of someone who had no business being in the ring.

Literally the biggest farce in the history of combat sports. Unless this Floyd vs Convict mma shitefest actually happens.

The quote is attributed to P.T. Barnum. Though he never actually said it...

There’s a sucker born every minute.

If someone hits hard and has the power to hurt you then this will still be case even if they are wearing 16oz gloves. The gloves, the ring, the stance and all of that are not the reason why Conor had no power and couldn't hurt Floyd. It's all about levels. When it comes to punching power and punch resistance, boxers are still LIGHTYEARS ahead of MMA fighters.

This really isn't hard to understand.

Why not?

Conor gassed...period

His power is weak relative to elite boxers of his size (and lower). There is no doubt about that and to deny it would be to deny what everyone witnessed in the ring vs Mayweather. It was clear who the puncher was in the ring, and it wasn’t the much talked about ‘touch of death’ Irishman.

Floyd is ULTRA cautious in the ring. I’ve seen this guy fight a 135lbs Juan Manuel Marquez and not even attempt to go for the stoppage. He is quite possibly the most cautious world class boxer I’ve seen at any weight. So why then did he decide to engage against McGregor and why did he fight so nonchalantly? He simply didn’t respect his opponents power. I’ve seen that exact scene play out in sparring dozens of times as will have plenty of others.

The reality is, he simply doesn’t have the power to really trouble Mayweather.

If someone hits hard and has the power to hurt you then this will still be case even if they are wearing 16oz gloves. The gloves, the ring, the stance and all of that are not the reason why Conor had no power and couldn't hurt Floyd. It's all about levels. When it comes to punching power and punch resistance, boxers are still LIGHTYEARS ahead of MMA fighters.

This really isn't hard to understand.

I don’t know why people think it’s like a subtle, minute difference in power. Its a ducking massive difference in power. As someone who has sparred with boxers, Muay Thai fighters and MMA fighters there are big gaps between all three in terms of punching power with boxers (obviously) hitting the hardest by a distance, followed by Muay Thai fighters and then MMA fighters.

Mayweather has survived prolonged offensive onslaughts from devastating punchers in his career. Compared to lighter weight MMA fighters, dude has a prime Mark Hunt level chin.

The fact that so many people legitimately thought that Conor had the ability to one shot KO Mayweather is simultaneously one of the greatest con jobs in history and evidence of the massive level of ignorance about combat sports.

The glove definitely made all the difference. So bulky that it hits Mayweathers chest on the way up taking away momentum and then cushions the blow to the chin. Not saying it could have been a knock out, just saying it could have had an impact.

Floyd has one of the greatest chins in Boxing history. I've only seen him rocked a few times, the Shane Mosely fight stands out the most. Canelo landed some nice shots and Floyd just smiled at him. We all know Canelo punches harder than Conor.

Floyd has one of the greatest chins in Boxing history. I've only seen him rocked a few times, the Shane Mosely fight stands out the most. Canelo landed some nice shots and Floyd just smiled at him. We all know Canelo punches harder than Conor.

Not all of us...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back