Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if...

The uppercut actually didn't land clean at all. Caught Floyd's chest before grazing his jaw, which weakened any power it had.

cleaner than i thought he'd get. kudos to him.

i didn't think he'd land anything other than arm shots. in 28 or so minutes he landed 2. 1.5, if you're insisting this only counts for half.

still, my main point is...look at that punch. it was all arm. he doesn't punch that way in MMA. he was so focused on "boxing" that he had no power.

Rogan used the metaphor of tying one's shoe. if it comes naturally to you, it's easy. but if you're an adult tying a shoe for the first time, it's weird and frustrating and you concentrate instead of just doing it. Floyd's been tying his shoes since he was....well, since he was tying shoes. whereas Conor was too busy concentrating on how to tie his shoe.

cleaner than i thought he'd get. kudos to him.

i didn't think he'd land anything other than arm shots. in 28 or so minutes he landed 2. 1.5, if you're insisting this only counts for half.

still, my main point is...look at that punch. it was all arm. he doesn't punch that way in MMA. he was so focused on "boxing" that he had no power.

Rogan used the metaphor of tying one's shoe. if it comes naturally to you, it's easy. but if you're an adult tying a shoe for the first time, it's weird and frustrating and you concentrate instead of just doing it. Floyd's been tying his shoes since he was....well, since he was tying shoes. whereas Conor was too busy concentrating on how to tie his shoe.

Both guys are so rich they pay people (mostly young women, probably a few men with full lips too) to tie their shoes. And get a quickie at the same time. So I don't follow.

Stop acting like children for a second.

Im not a Conor lover.

90% of the punches thrown in MMA have chit technique, that's kind of my point.

Striking doesn't work with boxing gloves.

But why do we automatically thing Floyd would be himself with MMA gloves on though?...or even that his brittle hands would hold up to the damage?

Range is different, timing...everything changes when the gloves change.

You had well over 9 months to start a shitty Conor/Floyd thread in a forum dedicated to it so that the rest of us didn't need to see it,..

people have no idea how much of an impact mma gloves will have on this bout
The boxing gloves V MMA gloves is bullshit, an 8 Oz boxing glove only has a similar lever of padding on the knuckle area to the MMA gloves, the rest of the weight comes from the fact that the whole fist is enclosed and padded where as the 4 Oz of padding on the MMA glove is simply the knuckle and minimal finger coverage to allow grappling, its a total myth that MMA fighters are fighting almost bare knuckle while boxers have this huge pillow on their hands and if anything smaller gloves benefits Floyd through his hand speed.

Anytime or anywhere Conor has a fist fight with Floyd he losses.

Both guys are so rich they pay people (mostly young women, probably a few men with full lips too) to tie their shoes. And get a quickie at the same time. So I don't follow.
it was Rogan's metaphor. you have to get high first, then read it again.

Biggest factor will be the cage. Cage work and ring work are way different.

Conor landed some shots, just not enough of them. Now, it's Money's turn to fight by MMA rules. Or, just shut his pie-hole the f*ck up...
The guy is absolutely loaded with an immaculate record in his sport, what would be his motive to fight outside of that? Many boxers/ fans look down upon mma. Besides there’s no where near as much money to be made in mma in comparison to boxing. The guy is in his 40s he’s more than likely trolling to get a bit of speculation going

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.
I have a feeling u started watching UFC because of Conor.

You are right, but now Floyd OWES Conor a fight in the cage by MMA rules. As I remember, that was one of the points behind all this. Conor got carried away with all the $$$ and foolishly got his bell seriously rung. Now it's time for payback, and payback it will be. Conor seriously hurts "Money" in an MMA fight. Seriously...

Very well could be. Conor should be the favorite in an mma fight he he doesnt try to box Floyd. Uses kicks and tries take downs.

But they are proposing a boxing match in a cage essentially. Conor wont win that.

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.
So those combos after combos floyd hit him
W/ would have knocked Conor out cold huh. Floyd let Conor hit him
Cuz he felt his power. Wasn’t enough. That’s y they stopped the fight. What makes u floyd will actually let Conor hit him w/ 4 once gloves

lol that was an arm punch with not much power behind it

it wouldve just scored as a normal uppercut

You mean this one?

low_blow.gif

<36>

Uppercut to the dick.

tech002.jpg

Illegal shot and Floyd wanted to continue asap.

<CroCop1>

Im sure he felt floyd's penis
<Baelish01>

I don't think so, the angle the punch landed on it wasn't really a knockout punch. It didn't turn his head much, even if it hit harder it would have stunned him just the same but I don't see it knocking him out.

The guy is absolutely loaded with an immaculate record in his sport, what would be his motive to fight outside of that? Many boxers/ fans look down upon mma. Besides there’s no where near as much money to be made in mma in comparison to boxing. The guy is in his 40s he’s more than likely trolling to get a bit of speculation going
I'm thinking the payday would be enough to get "Money" in the cage, especially since the Conor fight probably made him feel pretty invinceable. Floyd is a f*cking ego maniac. Give him a few months of MMA training and he'll probably think he can do it. Conor gassed, so "Money" probably thinks he can easily do MMA if he can do boxing.
I think he'll take another $100,000,000, but I've read somewhere that the MMA "re-match" could gate one BILLION dollars. It might just happen. "Money" won't be able to turn that down. His ego is too big.
Five, five minute rounds, who knows, but I'm thinking the first good leg kick will cramp up those skinny little legs and Floyd will realize he's been had. Either way, "Money" gets the money, so it could happen.

Last edited:
Very well could be. Conor should be the favorite in an mma fight he he doesnt try to box Floyd. Uses kicks and tries take downs.

But they are proposing a boxing match in a cage essentially. Conor wont win that.

You are right, but who the hell would pay to see a rematch of that first fight? That's all it will be. Floyd could outbox Conor on the STREET (using boxing rules). Hell, he could outbox Conor at the bottom of a swimming pool, on top of the Empire State Building, in the snow... Floyd can outbox Conor ANYWHERE using boxing rules. That is proven, right? The question is now (and always has been, for me): What happens if Floyd goes MMA with Conor (really, more like how long it will take to happen). Boxers have an abysmal record against wrestlers because boxing is too narrow-focus. They get killed by kick boxers, slaughtered by BJJ, mangled by grapplers. Now, let's see how badly "Money" gets f*cked up by Conor when they go full MMA. I thought that was the point?!?

Conor got the lighter gloves that he desired so much and still his power didn’t convert over to boxing.
Don't fool yourself, of course it did. When you fight Floyd Mayweather, however, you never get to showcase it. It's a testament to Floyd's elusiveness/defensive ability rather than Conor's power/precision, because we all know that he puts down people left and right with those mitts if he really connects.

Back