var WrapperPubKey = '2a236ed9-fb8c-429e-ab47-cacac34a3be6'; Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if... | Page 11 | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by PalmStrike, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Amygdala

Amygdala Purple Belt

The uppercut actually didn't land clean at all. Caught Floyd's chest before grazing his jaw, which weakened any power it had.

2. RufusShinra

RufusShinra Blue Belt

Alright you had me.

3. SeattleFightFan

SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

cleaner than i thought he'd get. kudos to him.

i didn't think he'd land anything other than arm shots. in 28 or so minutes he landed 2. 1.5, if you're insisting this only counts for half.

still, my main point is...look at that punch. it was all arm. he doesn't punch that way in MMA. he was so focused on "boxing" that he had no power.

Rogan used the metaphor of tying one's shoe. if it comes naturally to you, it's easy. but if you're an adult tying a shoe for the first time, it's weird and frustrating and you concentrate instead of just doing it. Floyd's been tying his shoes since he was....well, since he was tying shoes. whereas Conor was too busy concentrating on how to tie his shoe.

4. wartor

wartor Thug #22 Belt

Both guys are so rich they pay people (mostly young women, probably a few men with full lips too) to tie their shoes. And get a quickie at the same time. So I don't follow.

5. I WILL CUT YOU

I WILL CUT YOU Calamity from the Heavens

It's called The Wasteland

RufusShinra and Chok Sok Te like this.
  6. Azure

Azure Brown Belt

You had well over 9 months to start a shitty Conor/Floyd thread in a forum dedicated to it so that the rest of us didn't need to see it,..

Thepaintbucket likes this.
  7. iainh23

iainh23 White Belt

The boxing gloves V MMA gloves is bullshit, an 8 Oz boxing glove only has a similar lever of padding on the knuckle area to the MMA gloves, the rest of the weight comes from the fact that the whole fist is enclosed and padded where as the 4 Oz of padding on the MMA glove is simply the knuckle and minimal finger coverage to allow grappling, its a total myth that MMA fighters are fighting almost bare knuckle while boxers have this huge pillow on their hands and if anything smaller gloves benefits Floyd through his hand speed.

Anytime or anywhere Conor has a fist fight with Floyd he losses.

cabear and RufusShinra like this.
  8. SeattleFightFan

SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

it was Rogan's metaphor. you have to get high first, then read it again.

9. Airdack

Airdack Tiramisu can't melt steel pipes.

Biggest factor will be the cage. Cage work and ring work are way different.

10. Chok Sok Te

Chok Sok Te Orange Belt

The guy is absolutely loaded with an immaculate record in his sport, what would be his motive to fight outside of that? Many boxers/ fans look down upon mma. Besides there’s no where near as much money to be made in mma in comparison to boxing. The guy is in his 40s he’s more than likely trolling to get a bit of speculation going

DMikeS4321 likes this.
  11. JkMMA

JkMMA Brown Belt

I have a feeling u started watching UFC because of Conor.

Emporio Alnino likes this.
  12. AndroidRage

AndroidRage Purple Belt

Very well could be. Conor should be the favorite in an mma fight he he doesnt try to box Floyd. Uses kicks and tries take downs.

But they are proposing a boxing match in a cage essentially. Conor wont win that.

DMikeS4321 likes this.
  13. brucelee619

brucelee619 Blue Belt

So those combos after combos floyd hit him
    W/ would have knocked Conor out cold huh. Floyd let Conor hit him
    Cuz he felt his power. Wasn’t enough. That’s y they stopped the fight. What makes u floyd will actually let Conor hit him w/ 4 once gloves

14. ExitLUPin

ExitLUPin K

lol that was an arm punch with not much power behind it

it wouldve just scored as a normal uppercut

15. Ilovepizza

Ilovepizza Banned Banned

Im sure he felt floyd's penis
    <Baelish01>

RawkyMarciano likes this.
  16. Dreadlock666

Dreadlock666 Founder of the militant wing of the Salvation Army

I don't think so, the angle the punch landed on it wasn't really a knockout punch. It didn't turn his head much, even if it hit harder it would have stunned him just the same but I don't see it knocking him out.

17. DMikeS4321

DMikeS4321 Orange Belt

I'm thinking the payday would be enough to get "Money" in the cage, especially since the Conor fight probably made him feel pretty invinceable. Floyd is a f*cking ego maniac. Give him a few months of MMA training and he'll probably think he can do it. Conor gassed, so "Money" probably thinks he can easily do MMA if he can do boxing.
    I think he'll take another $100,000,000, but I've read somewhere that the MMA "re-match" could gate one BILLION dollars. It might just happen. "Money" won't be able to turn that down. His ego is too big.
    Five, five minute rounds, who knows, but I'm thinking the first good leg kick will cramp up those skinny little legs and Floyd will realize he's been had. Either way, "Money" gets the money, so it could happen.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  18. DMikeS4321

DMikeS4321 Orange Belt

You are right, but who the hell would pay to see a rematch of that first fight? That's all it will be. Floyd could outbox Conor on the STREET (using boxing rules). Hell, he could outbox Conor at the bottom of a swimming pool, on top of the Empire State Building, in the snow... Floyd can outbox Conor ANYWHERE using boxing rules. That is proven, right? The question is now (and always has been, for me): What happens if Floyd goes MMA with Conor (really, more like how long it will take to happen). Boxers have an abysmal record against wrestlers because boxing is too narrow-focus. They get killed by kick boxers, slaughtered by BJJ, mangled by grapplers. Now, let's see how badly "Money" gets f*cked up by Conor when they go full MMA. I thought that was the point?!?

19. Stixx

Stixx Purple Belt

Don't fool yourself, of course it did. When you fight Floyd Mayweather, however, you never get to showcase it. It's a testament to Floyd's elusiveness/defensive ability rather than Conor's power/precision, because we all know that he puts down people left and right with those mitts if he really connects.

20. tehMoose

tehMoose Brown Belt

lol haha