Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if...

cleaner than i thought he'd get. kudos to him.

i didn't think he'd land anything other than arm shots. in 28 or so minutes he landed 2. 1.5, if you're insisting this only counts for half.

still, my main point is...look at that punch. it was all arm. he doesn't punch that way in MMA. he was so focused on "boxing" that he had no power.

Rogan used the metaphor of tying one's shoe. if it comes naturally to you, it's easy. but if you're an adult tying a shoe for the first time, it's weird and frustrating and you concentrate instead of just doing it. Floyd's been tying his shoes since he was....well, since he was tying shoes. whereas Conor was too busy concentrating on how to tie his shoe.

Which is precisely why the fight was a sham and Conor got completely and utterly dominated. Anyone who things otherwise is lost.

Stop acting like children for a second.

Im not a Conor lover.

90% of the punches thrown in MMA have chit technique, that's kind of my point.

Striking doesn't work with boxing gloves.

But why do we automatically thing Floyd would be himself with MMA gloves on though?...or even that his brittle hands would hold up to the damage?

Range is different, timing...everything changes when the gloves change.

MMA gloves is going to make the better striker (in this case Floyd) even more dominant. The one exception might be Floyd's brittle hands, though that too would probably work out in the wash simply because he'd have had to hit Conor less times before knocking him out.

Now if the fight was under MMA rules Conor would have won easily - even if it was MMA with boxing gloves. It'd have turned into a very short grappling match. But under boxing rules there are no gloves that would have given Conor a chance; he barely hit Floyd, and Floyd hit him at will. Making the punches more damaging helps Floyd rather than Conor.

not in a million years

floyd is not eddie alvarez nor aldo

22 years undefeated and beat the best of the best

just imagine if your hero, connor, did that

what a childish thread

Eh

idk about that

But MMA gloves would completely change the fight
Yes it would. It would highlight even more the huge difference in level of each fighter. Get real buddy. Floyd is a top boxing pro. Conor isn't even an average amateur boxer. If Floyd wanted to finish the fight in the first round, he could have done it so easy.

Yes it would. It would highlight even more the huge difference in level of each fighter. Get real buddy. Floyd is a top boxing pro. Conor isn't even an average amateur boxer. If Floyd wanted to finish the fight in the first round, he could have done it so easy.
in anything other than a boxing match conor is a better fighter

Conor literally couldn't compete in amateur boxing if he wanted to, he wouldn't be sanctioned, he's overqualified

And that bit about Floyd finishing in the first is absolutely false

McGregor simply isn't much of a punch even compared to top level boxers who are much smaller than him, let alone guys his own size. He weighs a similar amount if not more than the likes of Gennady Golovkin, don't forget.

Lol imagine Conor trying trade punches with GGG
<{MingNope}>

OP get over it you are in denial. Fact is Folyd toyed with the man and made his boxing look like a Rinda shadow boxing gif. Floyd took that upper and realized Connor had no power.

As we all expected.

Poor Conor nut huggers have been reduced to fantasy threads? Do you think if Khabib had got off the bus do think Conor would've thrown the hand cart or dropped it and ran away..?

Conor got the lighter gloves that he desired so much and still his power didn’t convert over to boxing.

This. Floyd was laughing at Conor's power.

He spent the first few rounds coaxing Conor into gassing himself out. Meanwhile, he was needling him in the gut over and over, not even bothering to mix it up.

Keep it mind Floyd fought very aggressively against Conor. If he was worried about his power in the slightest he could have fought more defensively and won clearly. He usually goes forward against southpaw fighters but not that aggressively.

I think Floyd just wanted to put on a good show for his last fight and if he fought more defensively it would have made it look like Conor was more competitive than he really was.

I still can't believe Conor convinced people to pay money for that. I understand he's the first Scottish MMA champion and has lots of fans in his home country but still guys... come on.
The world is filled with ducks to make money on. But can’t believe they had that many out there. Conor had 3-4 round puncher chance, well history showed he didn’t have to make it happen.

Keep it mind Floyd fought very aggressively against Conor. If he was worried about his power in the slightest he could have fought more defensively and won clearly. He usually goes forward against southpaw fighters but not that aggressively.

I think Floyd just wanted to put on a good show for his last fight and if he fought more defensively it would have made it look like Conor was more competitive than he really was.
No it would showed how bad conor boxing abilities was if Floyd fought defensive. Conor wouldn’t had land shit and it would have looked really bad. Conor needs stick with mma, also start running his gas tank is shit. Probably from drinking all the time.

OP get over it you are in denial. Fact is Folyd toyed with the man and made his boxing look like a Rinda shadow boxing gif. Floyd took that upper and realized Connor had no power.

CM landed more then most on him, and landed clean.

No it would showed how bad conor boxing abilities was if Floyd fought defensive. Conor wouldn’t had land shit and it would have looked really bad. Conor needs stick with mma, also start running his gas tank is shit. Probably from drinking all the time.

He didn't land shit anyway but i just mean he would have probably went the distance and landed punches on Floyds gloves and arms a lot and certain McGregor fans would consider that doing well.

CM landed more then most on him, and landed clean.

Not really, and Floyd looked old against Berto.

Please tell me you're joking. Gloves don't change much, if you can punch you can punch. Conor's own team were surprised by the 8oz gloves and said the knuckles were even less padded than MMA gloves.

By boxing standards Conor hits like a little girl, even retired, 40 year old, brittle handed Floyd clearly punched much harder - he was the puncher in their fight.

That uppercut had nothing on it. It was an arm punch, just like all of Conor's shots. No real torque or snap or explosiveness to it, by elite boxing standards. Despite catching Floyd unaware, it did nothing. Conor wearing different gloves, or no gloves at all, isn't going to turn him into a proper puncher.

lol at this "power" being any different with MMA gloves.

UepSTfZ.gif

tumblr_ove4poSfVj1upwz95o1_400.gif

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

It was like bringing a pea shooter to a gun fight, embarrassing. Most MMA fans had to be shocked that he punches like Paulie in the world of elite boxing.

{<jordan}

Even Floyd - an average puncher by elite boxing standards and two weight classes smaller - hits much, much harder.

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

xbu4k9l8yeq63wvzg.jpg

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

With lighter gloves little Floyd just messes him up earlier. It’s why Floyds response to Conor’s demand for 8oz gloves was “ok then”.

This, 100%. Just as you said, Floyd - despite generally being a real fucker in negotiations with other elite boxers regarding weight and gloves - was like "Sure 8oz gloves it is then".

Smaller gloves tends to favour the guy who can actually punch and box - which is Floyd.

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.

I lol'd at this. Mayweather has had literally 1000's of uppercuts thrown at him by guys that can actually box. What's his pro record again?

Back