Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if...

image.gif

wS34IZ.gif

tumblr_nnrajn4Xtq1rofocqo1_400.gif

JaZbnk2.gif

5fb1a8.gif

Proof is in the pudding.

I love watching people land on "Money". Just wish I saw it more often.

McGregor simply isn't much of a punch even compared to top level boxers who are much smaller than him, let alone guys his own size. He weighs a similar amount if not more than the likes of Gennady Golovkin, don't forget.

Triple "G" fights at middleweight. I believe that is 160 pounds.

Bunch of fuqqin drama queens in this thread.

You don't want to discuss striking vs boxing or glove differences?...fine...stay out of the thread and let it die a death.

Most men on here post like mean high school girls and 77% of you are simply not funny...

Ooops! Wrong forum! I didn't realize this was "Comedy Club".

funny- brittle fisted no power floyd TKO'ed him with the boxing gloves, imagine what he is gonna do with the mma ones

That uppercut goes to show that McGregor's power is over rated. That was a perfectly clean uppercut and if McGregor had any power then he could have stopped Mayweather but he doesn't.

Assuming that this video is accurate McGregor only slightly has more power than Mayweather.

Given fairly equal power and Mayweather being more accurate with his punches and better defensively, in a modified mma fight with mostly boxing rules there is a better chance of Mayweather getting the KO.

WTF is "a modified mma fight with mostly boxing rules"??? It's MMA or it's boxing. What the hell is everyone thinking?? Conor got his ass kicked in boxing, now it's time for "Money" to step up and show us how well his skills translate to MMA. I thought that was the point of this entire f*cking exercise?
Damn, "Money", we know you already spend all your money, now make more by doing what you SHOULD be doing, going at it without the protection of boxing rules.

That uppercut goes to show that McGregor's power is over rated. That was a perfectly clean uppercut and if McGregor had any power then he could have stopped Mayweather but he doesn't.

Assuming that this video is accurate McGregor only slightly has more power than Mayweather.

Given fairly equal power and Mayweather being more accurate with his punches and better defensively, in a modified mma fight with mostly boxing rules there is a better chance of Mayweather getting the KO.

Excellent analysis. I KNEW there was a reason I read this far.

Who knows, only thing I do know is that these supposed rules for their rematch are the rules that should have been in place for the first fight. It should have been something in between the 2 sports but it wasn't, Mcgregor boxed Mayweather and the only rematch I want to see is an mma fight not a boxing match with mma gloves.

Finally, the voice of reason. No more boxing exhibitions, MMA all the way....

Conor was throwing some Atomweight punches in there, it looked like how a Atomweight punches, powder puff punches. There was nothing on those shots, the uppercut was a like how a journeyman Atomweight punches. Conor is no good. Gloves don't mean nothing, he isn't a elite fighter.

He isn't an elite BOXER. Being a fighter is quite a different thing.

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.
Or if leg kicks could be used, or if grappling was involved or if it was an MMA match and not boxing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Fact." What? All because 'n.diazismylife1999' says so?

Floyd was on maximum defense against Pacquiao and Pac still managed to stiffen Mayweather's legs. Fact.

Floyd walked Conor down and finished him. Fact.
Conor is the best boxer Floyd has ever faced. Had to wait for him to gas.

If someone hits hard and has the power to hurt you then this will still be case even if they are wearing 16oz gloves. The gloves, the ring, the stance and all of that are not the reason why Conor had no power and couldn't hurt Floyd. It's all about levels. When it comes to punching power and punch resistance, boxers are still LIGHTYEARS ahead of MMA fighters.

This really isn't hard to understand.

Bruce Lee said boxing was too offensive. Boxer's only have to defend themselves from punches and only need to land same. Karate and the like are too defensive, like they are always avoiding the "vibrating palm" bullshit. The only TRUE combat is the totality of fighting without rules. MMA is much, much closer to total combat than either boxing or karate, but it is much, much closer to reality. Conor wins MMA, just like Floyd won boxing.

Triple "G" fights at middleweight. I believe that is 160 pounds.

Yeah, and he rehydrates about 10 pounds on fight night. McGregor is around 20 pounds from 155. Hence Golovkin weighs a bit less than McGregor yet has about ten times the power.

*Irish

He might throw a dolly at you for calling him Scottish haha

I still can't believe Conor convinced people to pay money for that. I understand he's the first Scottish MMA champion and has lots of fans in his home country but still guys... come on.

Yeah, and he rehydrates about 10 pounds on fight night. McGregor is around 20 pounds from 155. Hence Golovkin weighs a bit less than McGregor yet has about ten times the power.

This.

GGG and McGregor are very comparable size wise. It’s why the cry for Mayweather to now step into full rules MMA are...ridiculous. Conor actually had some advantages going into their fight in the ring - size, youth, strength (lol), power (lol), glove soze demand met, weight class in his favour. What the fuck has a 41 year old, waaaay last prime, retired, brittle handed, 20lbs lighter, light punching Mayweather got on his side in the cage? If Conor wants someone in the cage, at least go for someone his own size.

Conor had nothing for Floyd. Nothing. If they boxed with 10 oz gloves, 4 oz gloves or 0 oz gloves, the fact remains the same.

MMA punchers dont have boxer power at all

well, the few pages i saw didn't point this out, so i will...

Conor was so intent on boxing technique ("am i standing right? am i putting my defensive hand in the right place? wait, what did coach say about footwork?") that the uppercut had virtually no power on it.

if he had thrown and landed that same punch in an MMA match - doing his own MMA footwork and being in his comfort zone - he might have knocked someone out with it.

furthermore, Floyd reacted as boxers do, went with it, so he negated any power it had even more.

i - and many of us, pundits and fans alike - never thought he'd land a clean shot. he landed two. i give him credit for landing the uppercut. TS should give him credit for landing it....and not take it unnecessarily further than that, like he did.

but it wasn't a KO punch by any stretch of the imagination, with or without big, little, small or no gloves.

The uppercut actually didn't land clean at all. Caught Floyd's chest before grazing his jaw, which weakened any power it had.

Back