Anyone else fell Silva lost it, oppose to Weidman winning?

If Anderson was actually fighting, instead of clowning he probably would have won that fight. The problem with his clowning (i.e. why Weidman caught him and others did not) was mostly the way the exchange went down.

Anderson did not use his footwork to move away, but rather bent backwards very far, and rather than stopping, Weidman pushed forward and caught Anderson at a point when he couldn't bend back any more. It was both Weidman's confidence and striking that beat Silva, but also Anderson's poor attempt at avoiding punches to the point where he couldn't bend back anymore.

I don't think Weidman showed anything special against Silva today. He had one takedown, and was stuffed after that. His striking didn't look too good (the last combo that KO'd Silva was pretty sloppy) but he showed that if you don't fall for Anderson's antics, and press forward, you can beat him.

According to the fight. He is better.

More strikes, more take downs, more sub attempts. AND KTFO punch.

You silva fans are lame. Go feed a bus with a carrot

You deserve a slow 80's clap for that one sir, bravo!

Not this level of clowning. Obviously. Do you have issues with comprehending written text?

Oh levels of clowning now.

I mean if silva can clown Maia and bonnar how can he not clown everyone!

He got clipped and buckled then brutally finished doing the same stuff he does everytime he thinks he's fighting a weak opponent. Someone with this striking wrestling and grappling is just too good for silva.

thats exactly how I feel.. and I am far from an Anderson fan but 1+1=2 10/10 times

He got clipped and buckled then brutally finished doing the same stuff he does everytime he thinks he's fighting a weak opponent. Someone with this striking wrestling and grappling is just too good for silva.

So, everyone who strikes, has the same level of striking too I guess?
If I roll my eyes at you and wave from across the cage, it's the same thing as feigning to be rocked inches from your fist?
Jesus christ, you are stupid.

Anderson has done this in every single fight. Weidman was the first guy to capitalize on it.

Every other guy Anderson did the same thing to got scared and froze which is exactly what Silva expects and then counter shots them for the KO. This time, Weidman didn't back down, slipped Anderson's counters and finished him.

We finally saw Silva get what has been coming to him for years now.

Yep. Anderson must have forgot that most of the guys that he clowned were not a threat on the feet (with KO power) Maia, Bonnar, Leites, Forrest etc

When he acts like that in wins agaisnt lesser fighters it's apart of greatness and his GOAT status. This time it's a fluke and Weidman is still a nobody. I mean the great Stephan Bonnar couldn't catch Anderson with his hands down how come this guy could?

Look at the pbp thread. The people saying excuse now were saying he's a boss and owning him when he started this at the end of the 1st. But now it's a fluke.

Anderson Silva fans are delusional.

Due to how Silva fights, any loss was bound to be more of his fault. He's always clowned around. If Forrest Griffin had landed a shot and KO'ed him, it wouldn't be any different.

That being said, I think Silva won't be as careless anymore and wins a rematch. Or he loses again and ends up with a mediocre last few fights on his contract. We'll see.

I don't know if he could've won, but it's hard to deny he would've lasted longer if he started fighting back after Weidman missed.

The crescent kick in particular was something very easy for Anderson to pounce on and it's a move that honestly shouldn't have been done by Weidman. It's not in his standard arsenal and Anderson was getting in his head, but Anderson just got too cute.

I'm not making excuses for him, I actually picked Weidman to win. I thought it was going to be long and grindy though, so for it to end the way it did was a complete shock for me.

As I posted already in a couple other threads, my hope is Anderson goes in for the kill more and does less clowning. There was a difference in how he fought pre-belt and post. Like he did zero clowning in Franklin 1 and Leben, then he started all the matrix stuff with Franklin 2.

I still don't think Anderson can beat Wiedman even in a rematch where he limits the matrix-ing, because it's a huge part of his game and counterstriking approach.

Weidman is the evolution of complete MMA fighters and it's painful to say but at this stage of both their respective careers, he's just flat out better than Anderson and nothing out of his bag of tricks will change that.

Anderson may be done competitively. My hope is he is not, but if he mails it in from here on out I still thank him as a fan for the most dominant stretch of championship fights in the sport to date.

So, everyone who strikes, has the same level of striking too I guess?
If I roll my eyes at you and wave from across the cage, it's the same thing as feigning to be rocked inches from your fist?
Jesus christ, you are stupid.

Oh some one is mad. Let this anger build and fester. After this silly "silvas clowning is so awesome, I can use it to say he is the goat and use it as an excuse" phase has passed I really hope you can come up with more. Maybe start and early stoppage thread. Or a he came into the fight injured excuse is tried and true. Go crazy and say that culinary union paid him to get brutally ktfo.

I love seeing what butt hurt fans can come up with.

The way this fight ended doesn't seem to be a coincidence with the following:
My brother said as silva was entering (live) and going to family, ect. that he thought the fight was going to be thrown.

Silva would like to relieve the pressure of being unstoppable. That's not only something similar to what silva said after the loss but something similar to what i said the day of the fight. To fully relieve the pressure he would need to lose on the feet because that is where he is best at.

Anderson did not retire. He mentioned how much he loves to fight. He still wants to fight but he doesn't want the title. He doesn't want the rematch as he stated.

Silva would want to give up the title to someone like Weidman if that's something he is going to do. Losing to him doesn't threaten Silva's greatness (people no matter who they wanted to win is saying that silva is better than weidman). Weidman is a newer name in the UFC and doesn't have an accomplished list of fighters that he has beaten. All of these things are helping him lose the pressure.

What I'm wondering is whether or not he will fight john Jones due to this lack of pressure. If so i would think he would want to fight some easy guys first now that the weight is off his shoulders.

P.S.
I would like people who willing to analyze this to give their unbiased opinion opposed to the typical name calling or headstrong people we see too often.

Anderson just spent too much time baiting Weidman to throw and not enough time throwing anything himself. Weidman caught him with a few good shots and we have a new MW champ. The end.

No, he never does shit like this. He has clowned, but never put himself in horrible positions like he did today. Feigning to be rocked while a guy is still punching? Seriously, if you can't see the difference between what he has done previously and what he did today there is no hope for you.
I thought the Bonnar fight was pushing it, and that was against a fighter half as good as Weidman.

That's because he wasn't faking. If you look at the reverse angle of that first punch, you can see the shockwave traveling down the back of his head and neck. I think the stagger was legit.

only the ignorant would feel that way

Weidman actually beat two top 10 fighters in Munoz and Maia.

Second, you are entitled to your opinion but if Silva "threw" the fight he needs to quit... now. You don't get to throw fights (or any sport for that matter).

Silva could easily have told Dana he was exhausted, relinquish the belt undefeated, retire for a year (or whatever) and then come back and fight however he wanted. Randy retired and came back, other fighters have done so as well.

Instead he loses in a very embarassing fashion in the worst possible way (his area of strength). If Weidman wrestle fucked him for 5 rounds, everyone would be saying, well that is Silva's kryptonite as pointed out against Sonnen.

Plus who really wants to get punched unconcious (possible brain damage, broken jaw etc)? He'd have to be a moron to come up with that plan.

It seems to me like Silva needed a valid excuse for being beaten by a better, younger fighter.

Oh some one is mad. Let this anger build and fester. After this silly "silvas clowning is so awesome, I can use it to say he is the goat and use it as an excuse" phase has passed I really hope you can come up with more. Maybe start and early stoppage thread. Or a he came into the fight injured excuse is tried and true. Go crazy and say that culinary union paid him to get brutally ktfo.

I love seeing what butt hurt fans can come up with.

Wow, it's like talking to a brick wall. At least try and come up with some reasonable arguments and try reading what is written. But I guess you are incapable of doing so because you are in full gloating mode, or just plain stupid.
And yes, I am mad. I am mad at Silva for believing his own myth (and I wasn't even mad at him after the Maia fight), and robbing us of a potentially great fight, whoever would have won it. Because, unlike you, I actually watch mma to see who the best fighter is.

That's because he wasn't faking. If you look at the reverse angle of that first punch, you can see the shockwave traveling down the back of his head and neck. I think the stagger was legit.

That punch landed, but he was clearly doing a shimmy, like he did previously.
He just did it at the wrong time and thought he could get away with it. While being flat footed and only relying on head movement against a fighter with a longer reach than him, without even really having gauged his timing yet.
I guess you can't be a genius without becoming crazy at some point.

he fought the same as always..

weidman is just better

Anderson's been "clowning" his opponents for years. If it would've worked we wouldn't be having this conversation; all the Silva fans would be on here talking about how awesome he is and how delusional Weidman's fans are. He just didn't get away with the thing he's been getting away with for years, because he finally fought an opponent who could make him pay for it.

Back