Anyone else fell Silva lost it, oppose to Weidman winning?

Anderson's been "clowning" his opponents for years. If it would've worked we wouldn't be having this conversation; all the Silva fans would be on here talking about how awesome he is and how delusional Weidman's fans are. He just didn't get away with the thing he's been getting away with for years, because he finally fought an opponent who could make him pay for it.
Vitor couldn't make him pay for it or Henderson?

A 100% serious and respectful Silva would dominate anyone at MW. But I'm glad he got his ass kicked. I hope Ronda is next.

Yeah. I totally like discrediting peoples wins too....

How many times did we see Anderson Silva do this in a fight? Isn't this why they love Anderson, because he looks like a guy from the Matrix?

From what I can remember, he's done this act before against Irvin, Leites, Griffin, Maia and Bonnar.

It's nothing new, the only thing now he finally got caught.

It's like when Fedor finally got caught being reckless. I guess there is a point you become over confident of your skills. It happens to the best of them.

It was bound to happen to Anderson Silva.

How many times did we see Anderson Silva do this in a fight? Isn't this why they love Anderson, because he looks like a guy from the Matrix?

From what I can remember, he's done this act before against Irvin, Leites, Griffin, Maia and Bonnar.

It's nothing new, the only thing now he finally got caught.

It's like when Fedor finally got caught being reckless. I guess there is a point you become over confident of your skills. It happens to the best of them.

It was bound to happen to Anderson Silva.

So why don't you name all the fighters he DIDN'T do it to, and see if you notice a trend?

Weidman was never in danger at any point in that fight. To me it looked like Anderson had nothing for Weidman except for clowning him.

I don't see how stuffing a couple of take-downs = Anderson was going to win.

Yeah pretty much this. Weidman had grounded and pounded Silva, while Silva was missing with head strikes while clowning. Silva plays mind games when he's desperate. If he was that great, he would have been winning the fight instead of hoping to force a mistake from his opponent. Weidman kept his head and was never in trouble.

I'd be more impressed with the showboating if Silva was also landing strikes while doing it - which he wasn't.

Absolutely hilarious ending to a fight!

So why don't you name all the fighters he DIDN'T do it to, and see if you notice a trend?

Well obviously he hasn't it done at this extent all the time. But he's done it enough times to make it his MO.

How his behavior anything new?

Even against Hendo, Franklin, he had his hands down and bobbing and weaving. Actually almost every fight his career he does it to a degree. Maybe not to the extent of tonight or the other fights I mentioned. But it's a common characteristic in his fighting style.

Why would people think he's such a matrix style striker? If he didn't approach his fighting style this way.

So what was the reason for Sonnen dominating Silva for four and a half rounds? Let's face it if that had been Weidman instead of Chael Silva's reign would have already been over.

Nope after round 1 he realized that Chris was extremely dangerous wrestler with submissions and great GNP. He kept his hands low to stuff takedowns and tried clowning Weidman into playing his game. Weidman kept cool and Silva did not respect Weidmans hands Silva was hoping to counter strike after demonstrating his iron chin....but it caught up with him and he got knocked out. Anyone can be KOed especially a fighter as veteran as Silva. Weidman won 100 percent legit, trained and prepared a great gameplan which he executed well.

Silva is also known for getting off to a slow start anyway unless he gets a quick KO. That is and has always been his style and that is without even mentioning his history of showboating. You can play those games against certain fighters and get away with it. This timed Silva learned the hard way.

Silva used the clowning to take away from fighting a superior fighter...

It is what it is....

Silva was stuffing some of the takedowns and could land strikes at any point he wanted to. The clowning and over confidence finally bit Silva in the *** but even then I didn't think Weidman possessed much of a threat. Weidman was suppose to win due to his wrestling, not by strikes, which makes it even more surprising that he won the way he did.

Not taking any thing away from wiedman the kid outclassed silva by far by not playing into andy's game Andy's ego is what "beat" Andy tonight

Ofcourse silva lost it.

No doubt about it he lost cuz he was playing not fighting.

Ofcourse silva lost it.

No doubt about it he lost cuz he was playing not fighting.

No, he lost the way he did because he was playing; he would've lost anyway. Weidman could take him down, hold him down and damage him and Silva wasn't enough of a threat to him on the feet. If it wasn't getting ktfo in rnd 2 it woulda been getting TKOed on the ground or getting knocked out later in the fight.

No, he lost the way he did because he was playing; he would've lost anyway. Weidman could take him down, hold him down and damage him and Silva wasn't enough of a threat to him on the feet. If it wasn't getting ktfo in rnd 2 it woulda been getting TKOed on the ground or getting knocked out later in the fight.

The guy that you're responding Bazooka1 also believes that it was a racial conspiracy that the UFC had in the works because they wanted a white American to win. The thread has been moved to the Wasteland section of the forum. Can you believe the logic of that? If that was the plan from the start then why was Sonnen allowed to lose twice? Some people man...

:icon_neut

Back