Anyone else fell Silva lost it, oppose to Weidman winning?

I see there are some passengers already getting on board the excuse train.

It's not a feeling, its a fact. If Silva came to fight rather than clown around and lost I'd give nothing but praise to Chris Weidman for the win, but having things go down this way is just a joke to give Weidman praise for punching a clown.

lol you guys are so, so sad. I love it. I love every single post like this. I drink it in.

Silva got beat up on the ground, then he got knocked the FUCK out.

He was clowning around like an idiot not taking Weidman seriously and got KTFO.

That is all.

Silva was stuffing some of the takedowns and could land strikes at any point he wanted to. The clowning and over confidence finally bit Silva in the *** but even then I didn't think Weidman possessed much of a threat. Weidman was suppose to win due to his wrestling, not by strikes, which makes it even more surprising that he won the way he did.

That is the butt-hurt revisionist version, but he was not landing any strikes of consequence. There was a sequence at the end of the first where, having failed to goad the disciplined Weidman into throwing wild punches, he moved his head to dodge a Weidman combination and fired back his own, which Weidman dodged with identical Silva-like head movement.

He was clowning him to try and get him out of his game plan, but Weidman was completely disciplined, so Silva wound up clowning him more and more, which is why the strikes landed.

If it was a straight-up kickboxing match, yeah, Silva wins. If it's a striking match where he has to avoid being taken down like Sonnen and then Weidman did, then he's more susceptible to the strikes because he's not only worrying about strikes.

He gave it away like by fighting like an idiot. No one believes Weidman is better than Anderson Silva.

Really? the hype train just added some new rockets.. people are talking about how he would beat Jones...

I feel like Anderson lost to himself, like he could have lost against Maia.

He clowned just like on the Maia fight, the difference is that Weidman is not a 100% bjj fighter. He can strike, Maia can't.

If Anderson didn't acted like a douche, if he just tried to win this, he would. But, as a guy called earlier today, he never respected Weidman, so he treated him exactly like Maia. Anyone with better strike than Maia would beat Anderson today, if he acted exactly like he acted against Weidman.

Before today, only Maia had this 'golden opportunity', and after some years, we saw 'this' Anderson Silva again, this time, he was facing a guy that can strike, and not a pure BJJ guy. It was clear that Anderson could win this if he fought like his 'normal' way of fighting. For some reason, he chose to be the Anderson of the Maia fight again.

He gave it away like by fighting like an idiot. No one believes Weidman is better than Anderson Silva.

According to the fight. He is better.

More strikes, more take downs, more sub attempts. AND KTFO punch.

You silva fans are lame. Go feed a bus with a carrot

I'm not making excuses.. Anderson is my favorite fighter.. hes fighting hubris got the better of him and it cost him. But props to Chris for landing the shot.

No, Weidman deserves all credit.

Hope maybe this brutal shot of humble pie teaches Mr Anderson a lesson.

I don't believe Chael Sonnen is better than Anderson Silva either, but only a miracle saved Silva against Sonnen the first time. Silva fought as smart as he could, and he still got absolutely brutalized round after round after round by Sonnen.

Silva matches up very badly against somebody like Weidman. That's just how it is. After the first round, he lost his composure.

I feel like Anderson lost to himself, like he could have lost against Maia.

He clowned just like on the Maia fight, the difference is that Weidman is not a 100% bjj fighter. He can strike, Maia can't.

If Anderson didn't acted like a douche, if he just tried to win this, he would. But, as a guy called earlier today, he never respected Weidman, so he treated him exactly like Maia. Anyone with better strike than Maia would beat Anderson today, if he acted exactly like he acted like Weidman.

Before today, only Maia had this golden opportunity, after some years, we saw 'this' Anderson Silva again, this time, he was facing a guy that can strike, and not a pure BJJ guy. It was clear that Anderson could win this if he fought like his 'normal' way of fighting. For some reason, he chose to be tha Anderson of the Maia fight again.

*looks at sig, laughs

If Silva had just showboated and gotten KO'd, then maybe. But Weidman took him down long before that and was ahead on judges scorecards.

Weidman was simply the better man tonight.

One round in a championship fight made all the difference? :icon_neut

Weidman beat Silva. Don't take anything away from Weidman he won the fight by himself.

I think Silva lost because he was showboating. It doesn't mean he wouldn't have lost anyway but it was pretty clear who was winning the striking battle but he left himself open being a clown. Weidman capitalized on Silva's mistake.

Silva does this shit all the time. It always worked, too. Until tonight.

No, he never does shit like this. He has clowned, but never put himself in horrible positions like he did today. Feigning to be rocked while a guy is still punching? Seriously, if you can't see the difference between what he has done previously and what he did today there is no hope for you.
I thought the Bonnar fight was pushing it, and that was against a fighter half as good as Weidman.

Chris Weidman put him out cold. He did his job, bottom line.

No, he never does shit like this. He has clowned, but never put himself in horrible positions like he did today. Feigning to be rocked while a guy is still punching? Seriously, if you can't see the difference between what he has done previously and what he did today there is no hope for you.
I thought the Bonnar fight was pushing it, and that was against a fighter half as good as Weidman.

I think it is pretty well accepted that he was rocked. Ha.

Silva fans use his clowning as the reason he is number 1 then as an excuse when he loses. How precious.

I think it is pretty well accepted that he was rocked. Ha.

Silva fans use his clowning as the reason he is number 1 then as an excuse when he loses. How precious.

EXACTLY.

I love it!!!!

Back