Anyone else fell Silva lost it, oppose to Weidman winning?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JoeHoganKush**, Jul 7, 2013.

1. JoeHoganKush** Banned

JoeHoganKush**
    Silva was stuffing some of the takedowns and could land strikes at any point he wanted to. The clowning and over confidence finally bit Silva in the *** but even then I didn't think Weidman possessed much of a threat. Weidman was suppose to win due to his wrestling, not by strikes, which makes it even more surprising that he won the way he did.

2. Dirge Green Belt

Dirge
    Amazing how many people on this forum are coming up with excuses for why Anderson lost...

Kind of like when Fedor started losing, or perhaps when Cain shellacked Junior the second time they fought.

Weidman was the better fighter tonight. Silva used that clowning around crap on multiple occasions and he paid for it. Would he have won if he were more focused? Guess it doesn't matter because he got his lights punched out by a wrestler...

If Anderson "chose" to lose is this really how he would do it, by embarassing the hell out of himself? I think if he really wanted to lose, it would be to a fellow Brazilian like Vitor and not to an American fighter with only 9 fights.

If a rematch occurs and Weidman wins again in some fashion, what will the excuses be that time?

3. Devout Pessimist Stain on Humanity

Devout Pessimist
    Weidman was never in danger at any point in that fight. To me it looked like Anderson had nothing for Weidman except for clowning him.

I don't see how stuffing a couple of take-downs = Anderson was going to win.

4. jjresq Black Belt

jjresq
    Its hard to not believe Silva did not throw that fight. He could have won that match easily. What I dont understand is why are the is announcers during the post fight show acting like Wiedman went in their dominated and knocked Silva out. Anderson just stood there and took hits

5. neomage2021 Silver Belt

neomage2021
    I felt tat ANderson got frustrated that weidman wasnt taking the bait and was trying his best to get weidman to over extend. Weidman wouldnt fight Silvas fight.

6. jjresq Black Belt

jjresq
    Anderson destroys Weidman in a rematch. He started picking Weidman apart at the end of the first round

7. ShootFighter09** Brown Belt

ShootFighter09**
    Actually Weidmans fist won it when he bounced Silvas face off the mat.

8. FlyingHendo KINGS OF EUROPE 2013

FlyingHendo
    Throwin' heavy leather at UFC media days /w Jon Jo
    BWAHAHA! Wait, what? BWAHAHAHA!

9. PaulRFC53 Purple Belt

PaulRFC53
    First round he got taken down and nearly subbed.

Second round he stuffed 1 half hearted takedown and attempted to clown only to get KTFO.

Weidman is the champ buddy believe it.

10. johndhi If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.

johndhi
    Not me. Chris beat him. Anderson is great, but Chris beat him tonight.

11. zcxhvcdh** Banned

zcxhvcdh**
    Anderson Silva was "clowning" because he was desperate. He wanted the fight to become a circus because he realized that Weidman's grappling and strength was too much. Mentally breaking Weidman seemed like the best way he could win, so that's what he tried. Anderson wanted to win and tried his best.

12. Blah4 Purple Belt

Blah4
    i cba to check the stats but Silva usually doesnt land a billion strikes ala Cain or Edgar. He landed plenty of strikes on Weidman but none were flush.

13. LEGS MAHONEY genetically modified man shark

LEGS MAHONEY
    This and im a Silva fan

hopefully he doesnt get an immediate rematch either so he has to brood over how his egomania made him look like a fool

14. Gunny Silver Belt

Gunny
    Bullshit. Anderson was being worked in that fight. All the clowning was out of pure frustration. That was thorough ownage, as bad as what anderson did to rich.

15. TheN9ne White Belt

TheN9ne
    You can't take away from Weidman's win. Alot of guys would have broken down mentally with what Silva was doing, He kept it cool and got silva. I love SIlva, I love watching him fight and will always be a fan but Karma hit like a bitch. He played way to much and Weidman took advantage of it. Congrats to Weidman.

16. ohheyoh Orange Belt

ohheyoh
    Chris was able to do what no other fighter was able to do. He was able to capitalize on Anderson's antics. I'm a huge Anderson Fan and I still believe he's a better fighter than Weidman, but Weidman won fair and square tonight.

17. HumanFund Blue Belt

HumanFund
    Yeah, I have no idea why they would be acting like Weidman knocked him out. Truly bizarre.

18. w00t Black Belt

w00t
    I couldn't believe Anderson kept dropping his hands like that. He never does that!

19. apoth Blue Belt

apoth
    If Silva had just showboated and gotten KO'd, then maybe. But Weidman took him down long before that and was ahead on judges scorecards.

Weidman was simply the better man tonight.

20. Dirge Green Belt

Dirge

Felt the need to quote this for posterity... Apparently when you get Silva's nuts out of your mouth, you can provide a logical reason for how fight 2 will go differently.

Anderson's biological clock is tick tick ticking... By the time he fights Weidman again he will be 39. He is not going to get faster as he gets older. Weidman is essentially a similar fighter to Sonnen except he has a much better jujitsu game, serious ko power (no doubt there as Silva has taken some solid shots in the past without blinking) and an ever evolving stand up game.

If Silva ends up in a rematch, I expect Weidman will beat him again, maybe not the same way but a win it will be. Silva has never been KO'd in his entire career and a "wrestler" with only 9 fights knocked him out with one punch... You really think Anderson isn't going to be a bit gunshy the next time they fight?