Anyone else fell Silva lost it, oppose to Weidman winning?

Silva is a counter puncher. He baits his opponents to come forward and strike by clowning them. He believes his speed and movements are superior. Weidman didn't follow the script. He was patient and dodged just about all of Silva's strikes. Silva was frustrated and at some point probably knew his typical game plan wasn't going to work.

Weidman was the better fighter clearly.

I think it is pretty well accepted that he was rocked. Ha.

Silva fans use his clowning as the reason he is number 1 then as an excuse when he loses. How precious.

No, fans use his skill as the reason. That he is able to clown and get away with it proves his skill. But there is a limit to what you can get away with. He should realize where that limit is. He was pushing it with Bonnar, and he pushed too far today. Which is a waste, and stupid.
He basically beat himself.
Notice that I like Weidman, and think he is a talented fighter (albeit was a bit unproven). This is bad for both Silva and Weidman. It puts an asterix on the win for Weidman, and an unnecessary loss for Silva.

I"m a big Anderson fan but he acted stupid and paid the price. ALl props to Weidman for going in their and fighting as hard as he could. The minute Anderson started acting silly I knew he was about to get hit and either submitted and TKOed. I love the dude as a fighter but he had it coming.

Weidman was patient and didn't seem fazed one bit. Anderson clowns but he really over did it this time and Chris is now the champion.

Nope not at all Chris knocked him out :)

When he acts like that in wins agaisnt lesser fighters it's apart of greatness and his GOAT status. This time it's a fluke and Weidman is still a nobody. I mean the great Stephan Bonnar couldn't catch Anderson with his hands down how come this guy could?

Look at the pbp thread. The people saying excuse now were saying he's a boss and owning him when he started this at the end of the 1st. But now it's a fluke.

So many factors went into the Weidman win.

Anderson is more muscular now than ever, and he likely cut way more water weight than before and it must have affected his brain fluid, which affected getting his bell rung by a punch that didn't land great and landed at the end of the punch. He also took at least one solid punch from a standing Weidman when he was on his back.

Weidman had no fear and a pretty good gameplan. Anderson clowning was obviously not good for him.

No, fans use his skill as the reason. That he is able to clown and get away with it proves his skill. But there is a limit to what you can get away with. He should realize where that limit is. He was pushing it with Bonnar, and he pushed too far today. Which is a waste, and stupid.

He's not able to clown though. Obviously.

Another lame thread to excuse the unexcusable : Weidman OUTFOUGHT Silva. Plain and simple.
When Silva stuffed that TD in Round One, Weidman managed to take him down BEAUTIFULLY and totally OWNED him on the ground till Silva started to act like a jackass and it didn't work for him.

To cut it short : Weidman fought a SMART Fight, won Round One AND Two easily and KTFO the MW GOAT.

That's called W I N N I N G and nothing ELSE. Stop making lame excuses because your so called champion got murdered and humiliated by a guy who has not been fighting for one full year and lost his house during that time as well.

Its hard to not believe Silva did not throw that fight. He could have won that match easily. What I dont understand is why are the is announcers during the post fight show acting like Wiedman went in their dominated and knocked Silva out. Anderson just stood there and took hits

Most Anderson fans talk of how honorable he is so how as a fan can you belittle his honor so? Your not much of a fan it seems, just looking to make excuses. Not a Silva fan btw.

He did knock Silva out didn't he? he did take him down in the first and dominate him didn't he? Silva had nothing but taunts, look how that turned out.

Anderson hasn't acted like that in a fight since he fought Maia.... He didn get KOed for fighting with his hands down he got KOed for acting like a clown.... Big difference ....

Weidman approached him like he was a counter puncher. Props to Weidman. Kept his composure.

So many factors went into the Weidman win.

Anderson is more muscular now than ever, and he likely cut way more water weight than before and it must have affected his brain fluid, which affected getting his bell rung by a punch that didn't land great and landed at the end of the punch. He also took at least one solid punch from a standing Weidman when he was on his back.

Weidman had no fear and a pretty good gameplan. Anderson clowning was obviously not good for him.

hahahaha

Nah, Weidman looked superior out there. Seriously, I didn't even see Anderson land a meaningful punch or kick. Weidman was able to duck and dodge everything Silva had, which I was really surprised to see.

They actually looked evenly matched striking and Weidman was easily the better wrestler/grappler. He was just better.

Silva is a counter puncher. He baits his opponents to come forward and strike by clowning them. He believes his speed and movements are superior. Weidman didn't follow the script. He was patient and dodged just about all of Silva's strikes. Silva was frustrated and at some point probably knew his typical game plan wasn't going to work.

Weidman was the better fighter clearly.

You can't seriously see the difference between what Silva did today and what he has done previously? The Bonnar fight was bad enough, but he was atleast a bad enough fighter where Silva could get away with it.

Weidman won it with his tenacity and skills. Watch the fight again, Weidman's reflexes are really good. Silva tried to pot shot him a bunch of times and didn't connect. And then Weidman unleashed the 4th punch of doom, the Anderson Jaw Breaker.

I believe Anderson could have won that fight easily. He could have pulled the same stuff he did with Maia and Cote. When he started egging Weidman on, I thought that's what he was going to do.

He basically beat himself.
Notice that I like Weidman, and think he is a talented fighter (albeit was a bit unproven). This is bad for both Silva and Weidman. It puts an asterix on the win for Weidman, and an unnecessary loss for Silva.

Well said

Back