After you die, your brain knows you’re dead, terrifying study reveals

Smoke dmt. You will have a better idea of what’s happening.

Its because you are a liberal with no soul.

...leave it to Trump fans to ruin threads with declarations of stupidity. I'm conservative if anything, I just don't like walking orange scrotums.

Next time I die I'll remember to tell satan you guys are making his dreams come true.

...leave it to Trump fans to ruin threads with declarations of stupidity. I'm conservative if anything, I just don't like walking orange scrotums.

Next time I die I'll remember to tell satan you guys are making his dreams come true.

Relax, jokes.

Apparently they arent really sure if you are "dead" when your organs are harvested.

Yea death scares me. I think its more the ego of me not being here and also how it'll feel. I just hope its not for 40+ years.

Eh we've sort of already known the brain doesn't shut down instantly. Doesn't automatically mean you're conscious or aware though.

This all reminds me of that one Tales From The Crypt episode, Abra Cadaver

Eh we've sort of already known the brain doesn't shut down instantly. Doesn't automatically mean you're conscious or aware though.
when are you officially dead, when the brain stops or the heart?

Why is this terrifying? So, how do you define death? When the heart stops beating or when there is no more brain activity?

"These stories seem to give credence to the idea that it's possible for someone to remain conscious, even for just a few seconds, after being beheaded. However, most modern physicians believe that the reactions described above are actually reflexive twitching of muscles, rather than conscious, deliberate movement."

"Cut off from the heart (and therefore, from oxygen), the brain immediately goes into a coma and begins to die. According to Dr. Harold Hillman, consciousness is probably lost within 2-3 seconds, due to a rapid fall of intracranial perfusion of blood"
Yeah, if you still have oxygenated blood in your brain the fact that impulses could be measured from it doesn't seem that surprising.

I'm not sure what the threshold is now but people can come back after their heart and lungs not pumping for several minutes (albeit with the risk of braindamage due to hypoxia increasing with that duration)

when are you officially dead, when the brain stops or the heart?

You can be kept alive with a non-functioning heart, for example, during a heart transplant.

When the brain is dead, it's lights out. The body may still be "functioning", but everything that makes you, well you, is gone.

You can be kept alive with a non-functioning heart, for example, during a heart transplant.

When the brain is dead, it's lights out. The body may still be "functioning", but everything that makes you, well you, is gone.
yeah thats what i thought, when people are on life support machine whats that controlling, is it the heart or a few things? you hear of cunts being brain dead but machines wont let em go

yeah thats what i thought, when people are on life support machine whats that controlling, is it the heart or a few things? you hear of cunts being brain dead but machines wont let em go

Life support helps a person breathe and sometimes pumps blood depending on the damage to the brain.

I've been part of the decision to pull the plug on a family member's child who was being kept alive after head trauma from a car crash.

It was soul crushing because we had thought there was a chance afte we heard she was still alive after the accident. There was probably a dozen of us in the waiting room. It was quiet and no talking.

Driving a car should never be taken for granted. But kids are dumb sometimes. I know I was

This concept perhaps first appeared during the French Revolution, the very time period in which the guillotine was created. On July 17, 1793, a woman named Charlotte Corday was executed by guillotine for the assassination of Jean-Paul Marat, a radical journalist, politician and revolutionary. Marat was well-liked for his ideas and the mob awaiting the guillotine was eager to see Corday pay. After the blade dropped and Corday's head fell, one of the executioner's assistants picked it up and slapped its cheek. According to witnesses, Corday's eyes turned to look at the man and her face changed to an expression of indignation. Following this incident, people executed by guillotine during the Revolution were asked to blink afterward, and witnesses claim that the blinking occurred for up to 30 seconds.
giphy.gif

Back