After you die, your brain knows you’re dead, terrifying study reveals

freaky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://nypost.com/2017/10/19/after-you-die-your-brain-knows-youre-dead-terrifying-study-reveals/

After you die, your brain knows you’re dead, terrifying study reveals

For more than 10 minutes after the medics declared the person clinically dead, brain waves, like those we experience in our sleep, continued to occur.

This reminds me of a story about how people who get decapitated are still alive and can see their own body or some shit.

There are no instant death. They can see their brains splatter everywhere.

Strong username to feminine reaction ratio

If your head gets cut off how can you see your own body?

This reminds me of a story about how people who get decapitated are still alive and can see their own body or some shit.

There are no instant death. They can see their brains splatter everywhere.

And this was confirmed how exactly?

The best we can hope for is to get randomly popped in the dome or an auto or plane accident. Wont know anything that happend. Wishing everyone a speedy exit!

how many dead folks did they interview for this case study?

If your head gets cut off how can you see your own body?

Here's the story:
This concept perhaps first appeared during the French Revolution, the very time period in which the guillotine was created. On July 17, 1793, a woman named Charlotte Corday was executed by guillotine for the assassination of Jean-Paul Marat, a radical journalist, politician and revolutionary. Marat was well-liked for his ideas and the mob awaiting the guillotine was eager to see Corday pay. After the blade dropped and Corday's head fell, one of the executioner's assistants picked it up and slapped its cheek. According to witnesses, Corday's eyes turned to look at the man and her face changed to an expression of indignation. Following this incident, people executed by guillotine during the Revolution were asked to blink afterward, and witnesses claim that the blinking occurred for up to 30 seconds.

I was totally kidding with my last response, but apparently I was right.

So how exactly do they study this now?

The best we can hope for is to get randomly popped in the dome or an auto or plane accident. Wont know anything that happend. Wishing everyone a speedy exit!

Why? All this means is we have one last dream. Maybe it's good and then it's the last thing we do.

Why is this terrifying? Even if you dream, it's not like you're dreaming "I'm deeeeaaaad!".

Exactly. It's probably the best dream ever.
Near drowning victims report experiencing euphoria in their near final moments. Body’s way of making death more transitional.

Back