After you die, your brain knows you’re dead, terrifying study reveals

Life support helps a person breathe and sometimes pumps blood depending on the damage to the brain.

I've been part of the decision to pull the plug on a family member's child who was being kept alive after head trauma from a car crash.

It was soul crushing because we had thought there was a chance afte we heard she was still alive after the accident. There was probably a dozen of us in the waiting room. It was quiet and no talking.

Driving a car should never be taken for granted. But kids are dumb sometimes. I know I was
thats harsh man, stuff like that will live with you forever.
yeah i had a high speed head on car crash 3 yrs ago, hospital for a few months, major broken bones and other stuff, not nice

Near drowning victims report experiencing euphoria in their near final moments. Body’s way of making death more transitional.

It's just your brain being deprived of oxygen like when you get choked in BJJ.

That's when the dmt chemical portal opens and your consciousness is blasted into another dimension xD

People who have been clinically dead and have returned mostly talk of a peaceful state...or I have spoken to a few people who have just explained it as lights out..

I don't know from first hand experience, but this is how I imagine it.

Basically just like going to sleep. Losing consciousness, and never regaining it.

The best we can hope for is to get randomly popped in the dome or an auto or plane accident. Wont know anything that happend. Wishing everyone a speedy exit!

Exactly. I have come to think that a shot to the head is probably the best way to go out by far. Instant loss of consciousness. Fast.

when are you officially dead, when the brain stops or the heart?

Brain imo. We used to think the heart was the center of human consciousness, but that was before we had modern medical tech. The brain regulates almost every single part of your personality. People have also survived heart transplants and are still essentially the same person.

I can't imagine a brain transplant ( assuming we can do those someday) as anything else but putting your "essence" in someone else's body.

I don't know from first hand experience, but this is how I imagine it.

Basically just like going to sleep. Losing consciousness, and never regaining it.

Almost died a couple times as a kid. It was like a deep, dreamless sleep. When you wake up there's a strange feeling of some unknown amount of time passing. I couldn't tell if I had been out for minutes or a year. Very scary and it changes your mindset in interesting ways, confronting your mortality so early.

Well happy fucking friday to you too TS!

This is almost as off putting as that enough spiders to kill/eat every human study.

Almost died a couple times as a kid.

Very scary and it changes your mindset in interesting ways, confronting your mortality so early.

<mma4>

Yeah I'd fucking imagine.

I wonder if the guillotined heads normally blinked after getting chopped, or if they never did. Would add some value to the old study.

Almost died a couple times as a kid. It was like a deep, dreamless sleep. When you wake up there's a strange feeling of some unknown amount of time passing. I couldn't tell if I had been out for minutes or a year. Very scary and it changes your mindset in interesting ways, confronting your mortality so early.

How old were you ? How did your mindset change?

The best we can hope for is to get randomly popped in the dome or an auto or plane accident. Wont know anything that happend. Wishing everyone a speedy exit!
As long as I don't get raped and killed by a construction business owner that plays the clown on kid's brithdays...

http://nypost.com/2017/10/19/after-you-die-your-brain-knows-youre-dead-terrifying-study-reveals/

After you die, your brain knows you’re dead, terrifying study reveals

This reminds me of a story about how people who get decapitated are still alive and can see their own body or some shit.

There are no instant death. They can see their brains splatter everywhere.
if the guillotine blade was razor sharp and caused almost zero impact trauma as the head was sliced off I could see the head still being alive until the lack of oxygenated blood flow caused brain death.

We've seen guys die in street fights or by police who use a blood choke but hold onto it after the guy passes out. It is not instantaneous. The head would survive a short while with the blood present.

Probably seeing the light, Jesus and all your dead relatives.

And then bam, non-existence...

Well, that sucks, BRB going through the 5 stages of grief as i contemplate my own mortality.

Being a human and being conscious of our own mortality sucks.

We should tell animals out of spite.

How old were you ? How did your mindset change?

4 or 5. It changed in that I lost some innocence and that feeling of invincibility. I knew that I could die at any time, even though I was a little kid.

if the guillotine blade was razor sharp and caused almost zero impact trauma as the head was sliced off I could see the head still being alive until the lack of oxygenated blood flow caused brain death.

We've seen guys die in street fights or by police who use a blood choke but hold onto it after the guy passes out. It is not instantaneous. The head would survive a short while with the blood present.

Except people forget about the lack of blood pressure once your neck is sliced. Your veins and arteries in the head would instantly lose pressure, which would cause you to immediately pass out. So while it may take a few seconds for your brain to cease functioning, you certainly wouldn't be conscious to observe it.

It would be akin to standing up too quick and passing out. You'd probably just black out and not even feel the pressure of the blade.

I watched my grandad pass away today.

I was the only member of my family present.

Death isn't pretty.

I even took a picture of him in his final few moments to remember him by.

Looking at it now, I really wish I hadn't.

4aDOpsg.jpg

That's why you gouge out your eye balls before you blow your brains out. Try and watch your brains splatter after doing that.

Back