A Quiet Place (2018 Horror)

If you’ve seen it, how did you rate it?

• Total voters
The events that lead up to the setting of the movie are implausible. These creatures would have no chance of taking over the earth.

Once you put that aside and accept the premise, it's an excellent film. The use of sound was amazing.

I’m done paying attention to movie reviews and box office sales. Lmao

The events that lead up to the setting of the movie are implausible. These creatures would have no chance of taking over the earth.

Once you put that aside and accept the premise, it's an excellent film. The use of sound was amazing.

A movie? Implausible?

Surely, you jest. I'm convinced Die Hard was a documentary.

DieHard_bungeejump_600.jpg

*Based on Actual Events*

Sometimes I wonder if people saying "That's not possible" in regards to a movie really think other people find them insightful or perceptive.

Name your favorite movies. I promise you, most of them are equally implausible.

I liked this better when it was called Tremors. Burt Gummer would have wiped these creatures out with remote control cars and dynamite.

There are too many inconsistencies about A Quiet Place for me to laud it as a great horror movie. It was just okay for me.

The local radio guy gushed over this movie for like 10 minutes on air saying it's the best thing he's seen in years..

I highly doubt it. The guy comes across a simple minded moron.

The local radio guy gushed over this movie for like 10 minutes on air saying it's the best thing he's seen in years..

I highly doubt it. The guy comes across a simple minded moron.

Im glad you can weigh in on what an anonymous person said about a movie you havent seen.

A movie? Implausible?

Surely, you jest. I'm convinced Die Hard was a documentary.

DieHard_bungeejump_600.jpg

*Based on Actual Events*

Sometimes I wonder if people saying "That's not possible" in regards to a movie really think other people find them insightful or perceptive.

Name your favorite movies. I promise you, most of them are equally implausible.

I don't know why you feel the need to leap to the defense of a film I said was excellent, but since you did...the premise of Die Hard is far more believable than A Quiet Place. A group of terrorists taking over a building is plausible. A few blind creatures of limited intelligence bringing down human civilization is not. It didn't affect me enjoying the movie but I can see how it would others.

Movie was awesome. Very creative premise and great execution. Creatures were designed really well.

9/10

Last edited:
I don't know why you feel the need to leap to the defense of a film I said was excellent, but since you did...the premise of Die Hard is far more believable than A Quiet Place. A group of terrorists taking over a building is plausible. A few blind creatures of limited intelligence bringing down human civilization is not. It didn't affect me enjoying the movie but I can see how it would others.

He is insecure

Lots of people in this thread seem to be

Im not defending anything. Im pointing out the flaw of your criticism.

Your breakdown is incredibly disingenuous and Im sure that was intentional. Terrorists taking over a building isnt what makes Die Hard ridiculous. Likewise, the events leading to the fall of the civilization in this movie are deliberately vague. You could easily argue it was more than "a few", which is a detail you completely made up. Like zombie holocausts, the details are largely left untold. To show how such creatures could bring down a civilization, assuming it was only said creatures that did it, would need an entire movie unto itself.

Like I said. List some of your favorite movies. Especially the horror/thriller genre. Most of them would be just as implausible. The difference is that this one doesnt fill in many of the details, so the only thing thats implausible are the details you come up with that may or may not be true. You could just as easily make up details on how it would be possible. One of the easiest would be to replace the "few" you mention with "many". Theres literally a year and a half of story in the entire world that isnt being told, and this one movie happens to be about this one family that happens to take place in a very small area.

Last edited:
Im not defending anything. Im pointing out the flaw of your criticism.

Your breakdown is incredibly disingenuous and Im sure that was intentional. Terrorists taking over a building isnt what makes Die Hard ridiculous. Likewise, the events leading to the fall of the civilization in this movie are deliberately vague. You could easily argue it was more than "a few", which is a detail you completely made up. Like zombie holocausts, the details are largely left untold. To show how such creatures could bring down a civilization, assuming it was only said creatures that did it, would need an entire movie unto itself.

How on earth would these creatures deal with our military forces? As presented in the movie we would fuck them up.

How on earth would these creatures deal with our military forces? As presented in the movie we would fuck them up.
If we assume they lined up in one side of the field and our army lined up in the there, yes. That's true. Again, this is one isolated story about one family. You're assuming it all happened a certain way. If it were an entirely different movie about an alien invasion, they could take the time to explain how it happened, but that's not this movie.

Put it this way. You have an elite squad of trained marines, armed to the teeth with air support, armored infantry, smart guns, body armor, grenades and pulse rifles that fire 10 MM , armor piercing rounds. They go against the armored aliens that hunt by sound. Not only that, but the marines get to assault them while they sleep.

Who wins?

Because that's the exact premise of Aliens and they got their shit pushed in and the movie is a classic.

Last edited:

How would our military forces "initially" deal with them?

If we assume they lined up in one side of the field and our army lined up in the there, yes. That's true. Again, this is one isolated story about one family. You're assuming it all happened a certain way. If it were an entirely different movie about an alien invasion, they could take the time to explain how it happened, but that's not this movie.

Put it this way. You have an elite squad of trained marines, armed to the teeth with air support, armored infantry, smart guns, body armor, grenades and pulse rifles that fire 10 MM , armor piercing rounds. They go against the armored aliens that hunt by sound. Not only that, but the marines get to assault them while they sleep.

Who wins?

Because that's the exact premise of Aliens and they got their shit pushed in and the movie is a classic.

We're not talking about a single marine squad here, we're talking about human civilization. Against creatures who can't see or smell and don't seem to possess any intelligence or have technology of any kind. They have such a glaring weakness to exploit.

We're not talking about a single marine squad here, we're talking about human civilization. Against creatures who can't see or smell and don't seem to possess any intelligence or have technology of any kind. They have such a glaring weakness to exploit.

You missed my entire point. I cant honestly explain it any better. If you dont understand it by now, you never will.

You missed my entire point. I cant honestly explain it any better. If you dont understand it by now, you never will.
Aliens is a bad movie to compare this too. They’re actually a parasite that spreads through bursting out of people’s chest.

Aliens is a bad movie to compare this too. They’re actually a parasite that spreads through bursting out of people’s chest.

So? For all we know, thats exaclty what these things do.

Im not comparing the movie. Im using one specific aspect of it as an analogy.

They had enough technology to invade earth.

Maybe these were just the worker bees?

I liked the movie 8/10. I also think there is potential for a prequel/sequel.

Back