A Quiet Place (2018 Horror)

If you’ve seen it, how did you rate it?

• Total voters
I liked the movie

It was decent.
God damn this movie makes me so mad. They get god damn pregnant, so they have fully silent sex? Also they are all scared all the time, so I truly can’t imagine them banging in this world. Also their son died like a year ago because of these monsters, so of course it makes sense to bring a new screaming baby into this world.

God damn this movie makes me so mad. They get god damn pregnant, so they have fully silent sex? Also they are all scared all the time, so I truly can’t imagine them banging in this world. Also their son died like a year ago because of these monsters, so of course it makes sense to bring a new screaming baby into this world.
Ok, I'm with you on this.

Even on the walking dead... why in the fuck would people want to bring kids in these scenarios.

It was like 6.5/10.

Girl I was with, who has decent taste, thought it was a joke.

Very overrated. I mean, very.

She was with you so her taste couldn't have been that good.

I apologize. Idk you, I just couldn't resist. You have yourself a wonderful day.

It was too stupid to respect, for a story pretending to be smart. One of the more overrated films in recent years.

What did you guys think?
1*skQO4Ns6iQFDF49W7peT2Q.jpeg

Is that Jim from The Office?

I thought it was awesome. I love scary or suspenseful movies but lately they all seemed to be rehashed stuff and nothing original. This was a breath of fresh air even with a few plot holes.

8/10 would watch again.

I thought it sucked as well. I have no idea why so much people loved it.

It was basically a remake of Mars Attacks!

First act was great but then it just turned into a generic horror movie.

There's something about Emily Blunt though. I want to have all the sex with her.

If you want a movie that really subverts your expectations try out The Devil's Gate. The 2018 one. It's not a great movie but it's creative and surprising.

So there’s monsters and you have to be quiet so they don’t hear you, then jim from the office fucks a chick and they have a baby and they can’t keep the
Baby quiet???

Is that about it?

I saw it before people hyped it up and was surprised how much love it got . Good movie but some reviews would suggest it was excellent.

I liked the fact that it was different than what’s been flooding the market in recent years. Yeah having a baby in that world is pretty bad decision. Pretty sure there are plenty of contraceptives left now that 99% of the population is dead.

Loved it. Never has an open world become atmospheric and claustrophobic.

<{cum@me}>

The whole movie they are all so miserable. They got nothing to make them happy ever. Even when they fuck they end up shitting out a baby, now Jim has to build a fucking sealed box with a fucking oxygyn make and tank that keep the baby alive but sislence his screams? Jim should have been happier when he died no so fucking intense. I mean they had to know they weren't going to preserve humanity, that idea should have given them all a good chuckle.

Two things this movie needed to make it much more enjoyable.

1. It needed to lighten up. It was such a crazy sci-fi story that it was hard to watch complete hopelessness and misery not caused by war or plague instead it is because if you make a peep a monster is going to come eat you. Goofy story needed to be a little more with itself. The tone of the movie reminded me of The Road and it did not fit this story at all.

2. They needed to find the "scientist" and hear the backstory. One major omission from this film was a backstory, it was hard to comprehend and take serious such an unbelievable concept without some sort of explanation or retelling of events.

I was looking forward to this but stopped watching as soon as it was revealed that she was pregnant. Why waste your time when a movie is willing to insult the intelligence of the audience like that? But even from the opening scene with the little kid the whole thing was just 'off' and came across as poorly thought out. The way the parents walked out of the pharmacy without him by their side at all time, how they had him at the back of the group as they walked the streets, it was just shoddy.

And now I'm reading that at the end it turns out that these creatures, with highly sensitive super hearing, can be adversely affected by high pitch sounds lol. Because obviously no one else would have thought of that. I'm glad I switched off when I did, it sounds like Signs has a new challenger.

Tuna creates a soundproof room to put the baby in once born. Krasinski never considers to use that room prior, to speak with the wife or kids to.. you know, discuss plans, strategize, or just to talk? The deaf girl was the true monster. I hope in the sequel the creatures band together to take her out.

The thing that was really stupid about this movie is they show they have a quiet room but yet dont use it during the birth? Also, you think creating a sound proof room would be priority #1 so you could talk. Even if it is a quiet place

EDIT: I didnt even read the post above...funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back