A Quiet Place (2018 Horror)

If you’ve seen it, how did you rate it?

• Total voters
i'm having some difficulty with that premise though.

i think it would have worked better if it was a supernatural horror movie instead of alien invasion.

how was the world taken out so quickly? these blind aliens have the ability to take out helicopters and jets?

I mean they didnt give us a back story for all of that but they seem to be immune to physical harm due to there armor.

If there is constant noise maybe they didnt stop until it went silent. to kill the world in 89 days seems very fast and maybe there are millions that just wiped us out. We only saw 3.

In general I agree. Exceptions of course.

The Ring pulled it off somehow

The ring now is better than the quiet place hahahahah

Fuck bro, i dont think you like movies with detail. Talk about picking apart a dumb film for the dumb shit in it. I think you just dont like very well written films.

Hey man, didn’t you hear @Strange King ?

<{Heymansnicker}>
giphy.gif

The ring now is better than the quiet place hahahahah

Fuck bro, i dont think you like movies with detail. Talk about picking apart a dumb film for the dumb shit in it. I think you just dont like very well written films.

It’s ok. I’m glad you liked it, even though I think it was very dumb.

Hey, at least we agree on 1408. That was a fun movie, and it wasn’t trying to be smart

i'm having some difficulty with that premise though.

i think it would have worked better if it was a supernatural horror movie instead of alien invasion.

how was the world taken out so quickly? these blind aliens have the ability to take out helicopters and jets?

Well it sure would of been a lot easier to pull off if they went the supernatural route, that's for sure. Although even then I'm sure there would be a lot if nitpicking. Unique horror movies are hard to pull off without being nitpicked to death. Look at "It Follows" for example. Solid movie, but even as a supernatural horror it had a lot of the audience just pick it apart.

My biggest gripe is the whole world militaries falling to these giant metal insectoids. The world KNEW these things had hypersensitive hearing and youre telling me the worlds greatest scientist and militaries couldnt figure out a way to blast certain frequencies on a massive scale? Yeah thats absolutely fuckin retarded. Movie just lacked common sense. shotgun blast kills it but not a moab? GTFO

Last edited:
My biggest gripe is the whole world militaries falling to these giant metal insectoids. The word KNEW these things had hypersensitive hearing and youre telling me the worlds greatest scientist and militaries couldnt figure out a way to blast certain frequencies on a massive scale? Yeah thats absolutely fuckin retarded. Movie just lacked common sense. shotgun blast kills it but not a moab? GTFO

taking over the planet in 89 days is pretty fast. I dont think you can mobilize a united front that fast.

Its armor was open when it got hit with the shotgun because of the frequency

Possibly one of the best movie premises and at the same time the worst and dumb execution of ít.
There are so many inconsistencies and plot holes it almost feels deliberate.
But the one starting from the very beginning and throughout the film is how they live in the open. We see the aliens hearing limits, they couldve easily soundproofed the basement or found a bunker or whatever and not risk someone farting a bit loud. The best they can do and even this only provisional for the baby is an old creaky barn basement with a matress as the protective soundproof door. Yet they spent a year pouring sand around town.
Anyway great idea as a starting point but completely ruined by stupidity.m

Yup. They could have just built a bunch of things. Thats a really quiet activity.

"Found a bunker". Theyre everywhere.

Movie was pretty stupid

I broke out in laughter in the theatre when the baby was put in the box and the guy's wife gave her husband a speech about why he needed to go out and find his kids. It was just so surreal

They kind of had to do that though. Although there were plenty of moments where the characters weren't very smart, they couldn't risk the baby crying.

Back