A Quiet Place (2018 Horror)

If you’ve seen it, how did you rate it?

• Total voters

Lights Out 101

Living Deliciously
@Black
Reaction score

Synopsis: A family living out in the countryside has relegated themselves to living in total silence, along with the use of sign language, in an effort to hide from an unknown entity that thrives on sound.

I didn't see a thread on this so I thought I would do the honours. This looks creepy as hell, hopefully it doesn't go the same route as "It Comes At Night".

I suspect that this film is going to have many plot holes. I mean how quiet does it really need to be? Surely somebody snores or coughs during their sleep. What about electricity or water sounds? It could be a good film but I think it is one of those films where you need to turn off your brain to enjoy.

I was thinking recently how odd it would be to see a modern silent film. Not just a film with little dialogue, but a full length feature film with no words. Maybe this is it? Thanks.

I was thinking recently how odd it would be to see a modern silent film. Not just a film with little dialogue, but a full length feature film with no words. Maybe this is it? Thanks.

I'm not sure if there will be absolutely no dialogue at all, but if that's the case then I doubt it will be well received with audiences.

I'm not sure if there will be absolutely no dialogue at all, but if that's the case then I doubt it will be well received with audiences.
Probably not, which is the conclusion to which I came when I was recently thinking about it.

To me, it would be nice to see something that isn't original, necessarily, but something that is fresh when compared to most everything else being put out there.

I suspect that this film is going to have many plot holes. I mean how quiet does it really need to be? Surely somebody snores or coughs during their sleep. What about electricity or water sounds? It could be a good film but I think it is one of those films where you need to turn off your brain to enjoy.
Lame plot imo. Banking on silence as its main creepy factor.

Lame plot imo. Banking on silence as its main creepy factor.

I don't know, it depends on how well they pull it off. There's potential for some real creepy tension if done right, but it seems like a difficult task for the director and actors. I'm more worried that they'll pull a "There is no entity" or "The family was actually dead the whole time and they are the ghosts" ending. We'll see I guess.

It Comes At Night was the first thing that came to mind when watching this trailer. Gives a very similar vibe.

This was the second thing that comes to mind just cause I think of the scene whenever I see Krasinski

The funny thing is Krasinski has long since shown he is capable of multiple genres yet I always think of Halpert initially when I see him in any role.

Anyway, I'm always on the lookout for good, new horror movies and this certainly looks interesting. Krasinski directed too as well. Good on him.

Emily Blunt is beautiful and a very good actress. I'm on board.

It Comes At Night was the first thing that came to mind when watching this trailer. Gives a very similar vibe.

This was the second thing that comes to mind just cause I think of the scene whenever I see Krasinski

The funny thing is Krasinski has long since shown he is capable of multiple genres yet I always think of Halpert initially when I see him in any role.

Anyway, I'm always on the lookout for good, new horror movies and this certainly looks interesting. Krasinski directed too as well. Good on him.

I had a hard time buying him as a Navy SEAL in 13 Hours as well. He’s a talented actor but it will be a long time before I can take him seriously in any thriller or drama.

I had a hard time buying him as a Navy SEAL in 13 Hours as well. He’s a talented actor but it will be a long time before I can take him seriously in any thriller or drama.

13 Hours kind of won me over with him in other roles. He did a commendable job in my opinion- I readily bought both him and the underrated Badge Dale in their roles. That movie in general though appealed to me. Couldn't believe the nature of the situation those guys were in. That sequence where they opt to go help at the embassy (extremely brave move on those real-life individuals' part) and they just roll out and have no idea who is legitimately part of that US-friendly militia, who is a hostile, etc..that was mind-blowing. Say what you will about Bay, but I thought he did a good job of conveying the confusion and chaos of that situation.

BUTT LICKER, OUR PRICES HAVE NEVER BEEN LOWER!!!

BUTT LICKER, OUR PRICES HAVE NEVER BEEN LOWER!!!

hahaha. The funniest part of a very funny scene.

I was dying the first time I watched that in 08. Still stands out to me as one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen on that show (never watched after Carrell left).

With the advent of text messaging, talking just doesn't seem like that big of a problem. Me and my roommates can go for a week without talking in the house.

Back