Zuffa Boxing to launch in October

Dana has gone on record plenty of times comparing boxing and ufc PPV cards by saying an entire boxing card evolves around the main event and that ufc cards are stacked with big name fighters, hence the pay discrepancy between the two sports..

I hope you don't buy that. Just another attempt at covering up a grievance in his business by trying to make an entirely different business look bad.

-"He wouldn't attach a name to the hire, but I asked if it was someone boxing fans would be very familiar with: "I don't think so. No."-

And that's all we needed to know. A KEY signing that no-one has fucking heard of to debut your company lol.....

You know he's going to bring Rousey back, then. For dem hands.
{<RR}

Dana has gone on record plenty of times comparing boxing and ufc PPV cards by saying an entire boxing card evolves around the main event and that ufc cards are stacked with big name fighters, hence the pay discrepancy between the two sports, truth is, a fan will watch an entire card no matter what, he knows he has to stack his PPV cards in order sell because he cant do the same as boxing.

But knowing Dana he’ll follow the boxing model by building up a card around the main event and still underpay his fighters.

Edit: I also think Zuffa no longer owns ufc, they still operate it I think.
Dana has always said that but every UFC card seems to have a main event. Its just what he says to justify paying peanuts to UFC stars.

I can see them using the check book to bring in a few names... and a possible Mike Tyson in some sort of honorary role. But more than likely a card filled with CM Punk level boxers.

How old are you, son?

It's not physical intimidation, there isn't a fighter on the roster that couldn't kick the fuck out of the Red Goof. (Male OR Female).
It's career blackmail that is his tool of trade.
He'd starch Roxanne Modaferri and a bunch of other WMMA fighters on the roster for sure, he's a big dude with hands.

A LOT of money behind this. You will be surprised if they get it going the way they want.

It will be a "masters league" with only 50+ y.o. fighters and Dana as the poster boy.

My guess is they'll look to create stars in a UFC-like league by signing "prospects" with seemingly impressive records and a propensity for trash talk. They'll get some dudes who are 14-0 (10 KO) and then build them up to 19-0 (14 KO) and try and convince fans how their fighters are indistinguishable from world-class fighters.

Last edited:
My guess is they'll look to create stars in a UFC-like league by signing "prospects" with seemingly impressive records and a propensity for trash talk. They'll get some dudes who are 14-0 (10 KO) and then build them up to 19-0 (14 KO) and try and convince fans how their fighters are indistinguishable from world-class fighters.

Sounds like cm punk is about to win a fight for once in his life lol.

Sounds like cm punk is about to win a fight for once in his life lol.

The opponent Punk can defeat has to be genetically designed. Maybe against a midget with half a brain, Parkinson and alcoholic parents.

The opponent Punk can defeat has to be genetically designed. Maybe against a midget with half a brain, Parkinson and alcoholic parents.

Nah he should just fight sage northcutt and Dana should plan his funeral in advanced. No point in giving him a fight he can win.

“Exactly what the key is here is to go after the best up-and-coming fighters in the world, and the best fight the best,” White told MMA Junkie and other reporters Tuesday.

“That’s it. I have a lot of different ideas on how to do that and I want to get together with my guy, we run through everything, we come up with a plan and then we execute in November.”

As stated, White's company is building a new 11,000 square foot facility and Zuffa Boxing will have their office located in the building.

“The headquarters we’re actually building a whole wing,” White said.

“Right now there’s construction going on, offices are being built, war room and all that stuff for us to be in full swing hopefully by October so I’m excited. I’m ready, I’m excited, timing is perfect.”

Did I say the opposite of what you said? I'm aware of all of that.

He alluded to Dana getting KO'd by a boxer for the stuff he usual does. That has never happened on TUF or anywhere else so far, so it sounded like the chance of Dana getting a beating from a boxer is higher than getting it from a MMA fighter.

I buy that though. MMA fighters overwhelmingly come from grappling backgrounds. BJJ is expensive and white collar and ammy wrestling suggests at least a GED level of education assuming they didn't go to uni to continue their career there. Point being that they're drawn from a predominantly middle to upper middle class background. With a few notable exceptions they have a higher level of education and aren't impulsive and short sighted enough to just snap on their boss like that. Goof's trash talk will annoy them but they know it's smarter to stay quiet, take their licks and keep from burning the bridge because fucking nobody wants to go fight in bellator.

Most of the creme de la creme in boxing is from a much rougher crowd. They're not going to take kindly to the type of shit Dana likes to say about his less-than-favorite employees, combine that with the fact that Zuffa boxing is going to be a small fish in a veritable promotional shark tank and I could definitely see somebody roll up outside his office with their entourage looking to have words after he makes some unsavory comments.

Perhaps Roy Jones promotion will join up with Zuffa? First ppv will be Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones Jr ?

Back