Media Zubaira Tukhugov misses weight by 4-pounds ahead of UFC 253

It’s messed up since Khabib basically got him his job back

Khabib always talks about loyalty to the camp. Zubaira jumped ship from his original camp to join nurmagomedov.

Changing camps is okay. It happens...but I don't know man. lol. But if loyalty is stressed over there, its not just business, then what does that say about him? devil's advocate. Maybe he was referred there or recommended there or split camps like khabib does.

He also got busted for PEDs

He should be loyal to khabib for saving his job and be thankful khabib's father bothered to coach the man.

maybe I'm wrong and this dude loves khabib and he's very thoughtful and has a heart of joy.

You're acting like Lee is a sherdog darling or something. Whenever there's a thread about him a good chunk of posters shit on him, without miss.

Hell, Fighter Kevin Lee was even a regular joke here for a while. Oliveira also used to get shat on for missing weight at FW, as did Lineker at both FLW and BW. Weight missers get shit regularly.

My point, I see a lot of joking around when he misses weight, at this point it's almost expected but Tukhugov misses weight for the 1st time and it's like 'cut him already'. Double standard.

Exactly. If his opponent takes the fight then clearly he’s not too upset about it. If he loses though, he’ll use that as his excuse as to why he lost. Lol
The opponent doesn't really have much of a choice (unless they are a star) they will get cut if they refuse to fight at a disadvantage.

I had a lot of hope for Tukhugov, but this guy isn’t in it.

man still had an hour to cut some of that weight off and he's like nah no thanks. I'm done. Kevin Lee initially missed weight against tony, had over an hour left. Came back and made the weight.

These guys get some of Khabib’s money and I think they have no passion for the sport anymore

My point, I see a lot of joking around when he misses weight, at this point it's almost expected but Tukhugov misses weight for the 1st time and it's like 'cut him already'. Double standard.
Are you serious? Do you not think it could be due to the wide margin of his weight-miss? We're accustomed to seeing guys miss weight by 1 or 2lbs, the more it escalates the worse the reaction is.

Who's the smarter pick in this fight? I had trouble sorting this one on Tapology. I felt like it could go either way. Him missing weight by so much without showing distress on the scales makes me lean towards Zubaira though.

Are you serious? Do you not think it could be due to the wide margin of his weight-miss? We're accustomed to seeing guys miss weight by 1 or 2lbs, the more it escalates the worse the reaction is.

So what ? Yes it's not a good look but it's not the end of the world. As I said he had never missed weight before, I can cut him some slack for that time. What's done is done.

These guys get some of Khabib’s money and I think they have no passion for the sport anymore
dude, lol you make it sound like this dude was a top prospect and had a fall from grace. He was always middle of the pack, possibly lower in FW

He didn't even appear that drained lol.

People talk about Paulo's weight cut but Hakeem looked 10x worse on the scale.

...or his opponent wants to get paid, and won't if he doesn't fight.

Seems to me like the one most upset in this thread is you
How do you spin it so much and assume I’m the upset one? Lol, I can give two shits but all you cry babies on here bitch and moan how fighters miss weight. Who gives a fuck?
You obviously do from the sounds of it. Lol

How do you spin it so much and assume I’m the upset one? Lol, I can give two shits but all you cry babies on here bitch and moan how fighters miss weight. Who gives a fuck?
You obviously do from the sounds of it. Lol
You've posted like 20 messages in this thread arguing with people about this. I'd say you're pretty upset.

It could be the fact that he still had 90 minutes to cut, weighed in anyway, and missed by 4 lbs while looking fresh and proud.

Or it could be the fact that he ran into a cage and sucker punched an already beaten fighter.

Or it could be he has been proven to be a steroid cheat.

This guy should be cut after this.

So what ? Yes it's not a good look but it's not the end of the world. As I said he had never missed weight before, I can cut him some slack for that time. What's done is done.

Back