Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V7.0

Awesome thread! I've got a cat and a fishtank..

Attachments

• 58_59495d4d54b41_2400_.jpg
    58_59495d4d54b41_2400_.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 28
Tank busters!
Motoro's or a hybrid? What's the catfish in front? What size tank? What's your filtration system?

Haha, yeah they are getting big.. it's a pearl.. got 2 pearls, a pearl/marble hybrid and a black diamond ti.. :D

Clarotes laticeps.. :) other cat is a hybrid..

500g with trickle/aquaponics filters..

Haha, yeah they are getting big.. it's a pearl.. got 2 pearls, a pearl/marble hybrid and a black diamond ti.. :D

Clarotes laticeps.. :) other cat is a hybrid..

500g with trickle/aquaponics filters..

Very nice. What do you keep your hardness and ph at? I've always wanted stingrays but the water has to be so pristine.
Did you search out the Claratoes Laticeps? Odd choice, but I like it.

4-6dh hardness.. ph 8 when it touches my tank and probably 6.5 when it goes out again.. i'm in sweden so the tap water is good to go.. no aging process, no nothing.. almost cheating.. :)

The clarotes belonged to a friend of mine.. got to like it and he offered me a trade.. it's like an rtc light.. won't outgrow the tank, plays very well with smaller tank mates and all around very well behaved cat.. i've been in the game for a while and i've made my mistakes with the real tankbusters.. now i try to keep "reasonable" fish.. :)

4-6dh hardness.. ph 8 when it touches my tank and probably 6.5 when it goes out again.. i'm in sweden so the tap water is good to go.. no aging process, no nothing.. almost cheating.. :)

The clarotes belonged to a friend of mine.. got to like it and he offered me a trade.. it's like an rtc light.. won't outgrow the tank, plays very well with smaller tank mates and all around very well behaved cat.. i've been in the game for a while and i've made my mistakes with the real tankbusters.. now i try to keep "reasonable" fish.. :)

I'm jealous, my tap water is horrible so I have to RO/DI and use additives from there.
Can you buy the GloFish in Sweden?
glofish-fluorescent-fish-group-hi-res*1200xx5400-3038-0-281.jpg

I'm jealous, my tap water is horrible so I have to RO/DI and use additives from there.
Can you buy the GloFish in Sweden?
glofish-fluorescent-fish-group-hi-res*1200xx5400-3038-0-281.jpg

Nope.. suppose that's the asian market..

Our animal protection laws would probably have us throwing holy water on them..

Anyone ever heard of "snow nose" in dogs? My dogs nose went from dark black to pink.
20190117_213649.jpg
20190117_213615.jpg

I know I've posted bellowing alligators before, but what the hell. I love that sound.

Tell me about it! They're predicting maybe an inch of snow overnight here in the south of England. I can feel the mass hysteria building already.

Gabe, you ever get situations like this?

Gabe, you ever get situations like this?

Yes, all the god damn time. While I understand not everyone knows animals like we do it gets annoying when the public argues with you if an animal is ok or not. Yes Karen, chickens really sleep like that, no the seal hasn’t drowned, the turtle is fine, the snake is real so on and so on.

2f1pj3nh1jh21.jpg

The Asian Sheepshead Wrasse, a hermaphroditic fish that changes sex if it finds no dominant males and attract its own private harem.

If there are no dominant males in the school of Asian sheepshead wrasse, larger, older female wrasse will change sex. The transformed fish will use its bulbous head, which turns red in the breeding season, to gain control over other males, attracting a harem of females in the process. It will then mate with these females dozens of times a day.

I took a swan into the vet today. He lives on the golf course and got beat up by a dog (we think) over the weekend. There was blood on the ice by their swimmin area and he was just layin innthe hut by the heat lamp. Was weird thpugh cause he didnt have blood on him.

Back