Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V7.0

Tigers eat so many village living Indians every year. They put masks on the back of their heads just to go gather food and water in the marshy forests. Kind of fascinating stuff. Remember that video of the girl getting out of the car and snatched by the tiger. They are so freaking strong.
"Various measures were taken to prevent and reduce the number of tiger attacks with limited success. For example, since tigers almost always attack from the rear, masks with human faces were worn on the back of the head by the villagers in 1986 in the Sundarbans, on the theory that tigers usually do not attack if seen by their prey. This had temporarily decreased the number of attacks, but only for a short while before the tigers figured out it was not the front of the human being so the villagers no longer wore them for protection. All other means to prevent tiger attacks, such as providing the tigers with more prey by releasing captive bred pigs to the reserve's buffer zones, or placing electrified human dummies to teach tigers to associate attacking people with electric shock, did not work as well and tiger attacks continue. Many measures were thus discontinued due to lack of success."

can't outsmart a tiger it seems. And this stat is crazy:

"The most comprehensive study of deaths due to tiger attacks estimates that at least 373,000 people died due to tiger attacks between 1800 and 2009, the majority of these attacks occurring in South and Southeast Asia.[1] Over the last five centuries, an estimated 1 million people have been eaten by tigers.[2] In Southeast Asia, attacks gradually declined after peaking in the nineteenth century, but attacks in South Asia have remained high, particularly in the Sundarbans."

Sure it's over a 500 year span, but India was a densely populated civilization during this time. Tigers didnt give a fuck when most other predators feared humans. We are still on their menu.

^ Ya man that's crazy they out smarted them didn't know that. Tigers are straight up the ultimate stalking predator.. I'm sure Lions, Wolves, Bears, Crocs,Sharks all had their fair share of ancient humans but nothing is as successful at actually hunting and eating humans as the Tiger ancient and present day.

What’s even more sad than that is the number of tigers that haven been killed by humans and are left on the planet. They are truly imposing animals to work around

Gabe would you work with a Liger? or against the hybridization in general. I'm looking at pics of them now and some of them look awesome.
jaNAlxi.jpg

yRHe5rq.jpg

jG3BO9i.jpg

@TribalDrumz I'm against ligers and the forced breeding between two species. If the hybrid is a naturally occurring animal (bateater snake) it doesn’t bother me if it happens in captivity. Also the last one is a golden tabby morph of tiger.

Ligers May get large but they have lots of health problems and basically aren’t meant to exist. No reputable zoo is going to create things like that

Ya I'm actually against it also. Definitely not meant to exist. They would never encounter each other. Health problems like those dog breeders that create smaller or larger creations.

Centropyge debelius is a deepwater species of pygmy angelfish which is pretty much only known from Mauritius in the Western Indian Ocean, and on a good year only one or two are even collected. It can be purchased from the company in the Netherlands for about $18k USD.
centropyge-debelius-angelfish-4-770x511.jpg

centropyge-debelius-angelfish-6.jpg

I've never actually seen a cuttlefish hunt before. Quite monstrous.

Green Dragontail butterflies from southern Asia

A very hungry flower

Unmute and turn your sound up for this one (not a "gotcha", I swear), fat boy sounds like a helicopter.

Clown fish breeders are starting to breed blue coloration's in different species. They're not dye'd or tattoos like the freshwater fish you see in stores.
blue-base-clownfish-770x473.jpg

Nattawut Chotsun from Thailand

electric-tail-clownfish-.jpg

Bali Aquarium in Bali

Coral farm in Orlando

Last edited:
Back