News Zhang Weili Wants To Fight Alexa Grasso For Flyweight Belt At UFC 300, Alexa Is Willing

Who would win at 125 lbs?

• Alexa

Votes: 27 39.1%
  • Weili

Votes: 42 60.9%

• Total voters
I like Zhang but her whole game is based on physicality and speed. She is getting older now and she will be the smaller fighter. I am not saying Zhang isn't technical but she hasn't really showed anything slick on her feet. I am not sure if she can deal with a sharp jab for 5 rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if Zhang gets going and bulldozes Grasso though.

Good analysis

Zhang is a pitbull and can impose her will on just about anyone

However, Alexa will be bigger and is a very patient fighter who can control distance with her longer reach. Zhang’s aggressiveness could cost her the longer the fight goes. I think she has to finish Alexa within two rounds or Alexa wins by UD or late finish

Just my two pennies

Last edited:
I like Zhang but her whole game is based on physicality and speed. She is getting older now and she will be the smaller fighter.

I don't think she'll be that much smaller, though. Remember, Grasso used to fight at 115 before deciding the weight cut was too much for her. Who's to say they won't be pretty close in weight once the cage doors close?

I don't think she'll be that much smaller, though. Remember, Grasso used to fight at 115 before deciding the weight cut was too much for her. Who's to say they won't be pretty close in weight once the cage doors close?
Also, one of Weili's English-speaking wrestling coaches said that cutting to 115 lbs was becoming difficult for Weili and he expected she'd move to 125 lbs eventually. Maybe this is her bid for that?

Zhang is shorter than Grasso. Zhang also has t rex arms. Her reach with her arms and feet isn't great. Alexa definitely has a 3-4 inch reach advantage over Zhang. Zhang covers distance by being fast and a bit wild. I am not sure she can do that with Grasso.

Hate Conor by all means, but the UFC deserves most of the blame. Conor wasn't the first to want the opportunities he was given. What's more, the UFC could abort this annoying trend in a trice if they so choose.
I think the UFC deserves all the blame. They're greedy AF and now they have a big steaming pile of shit on their hands.

Great fight, but it doesn't really make sense for UFC. However, they might just do it to sell it as a super fight for 300

I'm wondering where Rose fits into this, I'd anywhere.

Both these ladies have people to fight in their own division. If Zhang wants to vacate ans move up then that's fine.

Great fight, but it doesn't really make sense for UFC. However, they might just do it to sell it as a super fight for 300

There are no lady super fights. Zhang welei and Alexa grasso a super fight?

Cyborg Ronda. Nunes cyborg. That would a lady super fight.
Alexa grasso?
I do like watching welei though.

There are no lady super fights. Zhang welei and Alexa grasso a super fight?

Cyborg Ronda. Nunes cyborg. That would a lady super fight.
Alexa grasso?
I do like watching welei though.

The Floridian has spoken lol.

I know you're not from there but its funny sir, Merry Christmas to you and your family brother.

Back