"Yushin Okami is the best fighter to ever come out of Japan."

29-8 overall. 13-5 in the UFC. 3-1 in his last four. Ranked in the top ten for at least the last 3 years. It is too bad that he has been cut because I think he can still beat many many UFC middleweights.

I can't believe he got cut, he beats 90% of the MW roster, not a fan of Okami but I still don't think top 10 guys that are 3-1 in their last 4 fights should be getting caught because they don't stand and bang...

Deal with it. Pride was a circus show with pro wrestling and fake fights. The UFC proved that Japanese fighters can't hang with real competition.

Dana White = VINCE MAC wannabe and Chael Sonnen = Superstar Billy Graham Wannabe

Oh but UFC is not a Pro Wrestling Wannabe show where it's more about Entertainment than fighting ...

Brock Lesnar was the UFC Champ ffs!! So go spew your bullshit somewhere else you fucking zombie.

Deal with it. Pride was a circus show with pro wrestling and fake fights. The UFC proved that Japanese fighters can't hang with real competition.

Maybe they should go back to Japan where the competition is a little easier. Well, either that or accumulate the biggest win streak and most consecutive title defenses in the history of the UFC. I understand if you weren't a fan of MMA during Pride's heyday you'd probably hold some sort of resentment but it was by far a superior product to the UFC while they were operating concurrently. Look at when Pride was absorbed Minotauro became the interim HW champ, Rampage and Shogun both won the LHW title, Anderson became the longest reigning MW champ in the history of the sport and Barnett just smashed the best UFC Heavyweight from the same era. Add to that all the UFC fighters Fedor ran through and it's obvious their top fighters were better than UFC fighters from the same era.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah.

Okami's cut.

Cashews.

Maybe they should go back to Japan where the competition is a little easier. Well, either that or accumulate the biggest win streak and most consecutive title defenses in the history of the UFC. I understand if you weren't a fan of MMA during Pride's heyday you'd probably hold some sort of resentment but it was by far a superior product to the UFC while they were operating concurrently. Look at when Pride was absorbed Minotauro became the interim HW champ, Rampage and Shogun both won the LHW title, Anderson became the longest reigning MW champ in the history of the sport and Barnett just smashed the best UFC Heavyweight from the same era. Add to that all the UFC fighters Fedor ran through and it's obvious their top fighters were better than UFC fighters from the same era.

I completely agree. Two words to prove your point: Chuck Liddell. His MW tourney participation says it all.

He got violently knocked out in HALF of his last 6 fights, he has no chin anymore. Like at all. His ranking was massively inflated just because he's been around for a long time, same deal with Fitch. Just wait until he shows up in some second-rate feeder league and starts losing...just like Fitch.

Excellent cut.

Lol...Barnett was a UFC fighter first, maybe you need a history lesson?

And Fedor? Please, just stop with that stuff. Pride was a joke, there's a reason it went out of business.

531957_205466006293707_1044215598_n.jpg

fGl2h09.jpg

There are a number of excellent fighters from Japan. Please do not kid yourself on this fact.

Can I see a case to be made that Yushin is the best mixed martial arts fighter to come from there? Yes. Is it cemented in concrete? No.

Okami is a talented fighter, he will get fights in Bellator and finish out his career strong. I feel that his contract must have been up and the UFC didnt want to pay the man.

If you want to be the best you have to be in the UFC... too bad UFC cuts a guy who is top 7 and can beat 90 % of the weight division lmao

Back