"Yushin Okami is the best fighter to ever come out of Japan."

UFC is killing this sport. This is a disgrace. He may not be the most exciting MW out there, but he is one of the best at 185, for sure. Disgusting.

To be fair, Dana was completely full of shit when he said that.

top 10, maybe top 5, but number 1 japanese fighter? hell no. i always thought okami was overrated but its still a bad cut by the ufc

Fuck this bullshit and Dana White too.

Okami is Japan's Top heavy and by cutting him they are cutting out a chuck of the Asian market. Stupid move.

Just because he lost to Anderson Silva and Jacare doesn't make him a much of a lesser fighter. He is still good and can win fights.

There are fighters that lose every fight but still stick around but Okami going 3-1 in his recent fights makes him a wash? Fuck you, UFC!

let's give Okami a last round of applause...
Can't belive this.

Saku, Gomi, Kid, Minowa, Uno, Sudo and Sato are all better than him imo. There are probably others too, you shouldn't believe everything the UFC hype machine tells you.

he's definitely the best the UFC's had as far as consistently being in the top 10, record and opponents beaten. sure there have been better japanese fighters to come to the UFC but Yushins had the best career here.

The "best fighter to ever come from Japan" means almost nothing. Fighters from Japan are mostly terrible.

This is the most ignorant post of the day, ill admit the Japanese have never excelled in the UFC but in the sport of mma they are probably the third most dominant nation behind USA and brazil

This is the most ignorant post of the day, ill admit the Japanese have never excelled in the UFC but in the sport of mma they are probably the third most dominant nation behind USA and brazil

True.
saku aka gracie killer.

531957_205466006293707_1044215598_n.jpg

lol perfect

im disappointed in this cut.. but like I said in a earlier blog.. bellator should sign him hed be the new MW champ

If true this is completely ridiculous. It really is a great way to deter people from wanting to become professional fighters. No job security, plus the ongoing arguments about fighter pay.

People in here debating about Okami not being the best are clearly missing the point.

This is a guy that was touted as being a star by UFC's marketing machine, #6 ranked MW in the world by UFC's "panel of experts", 3-1 in his last four fights, fought for the Middleweight Championship two years ago.

And yet he gets the axe, because he's not viewed as crowd friendly.

I've accepted that UFC is more gear toward putting on entertaining fights than becoming pure, best fight the best, but this is crazy to me.

Francis Carmont and Jake Shields will undoubtedly be on the chopping block, too. Watch.

Meanwhile, guys who have sloppy slugfests have nothing to worry about.

True.
saku aka gracie killer.

Gomi from pride was the number 1 LW in the world, Aoki is one of the best LWs not in the UFC and we can always attribute the epic battles from the Japanese circuit to the hardcore fans we have today

They are trying to turn MMA into brawl, and that is terrible.

GSP should be cut too for his style just saying.

Ignorant Dana is an idiot.

So Yushin Okami just got released from the UFC with a 3-1 record in his last 4

...mean while fighters like Chris Leben are on a 3 fight losing streak and happily employed!

okami would finish current leben in the first round imo.
i am one of the, okami is not to exciting guys, but, he fights top competition. there are other guys who are boring, too (like gsp!).

3 - 1 in the last 4 fights, top 7 getting cut? ufc!

UFC is killing this sport. This is a disgrace. He may not be the most exciting MW out there, but he is one of the best at 185, for sure. Disgusting.

the ufc wants mma turning into wwe i think.

Deal with it. Pride was a circus show with pro wrestling and fake fights. The UFC proved that Japanese fighters can't hang with real competition.

the ufc wants mma turning into wwe i think.

Sadly, yes. It's really all about the money and Dana isn't even trying to pretend it isn't. Good thing is, we still have guys like Jared Hamman on the roster...

My interested in this sport decreases because of disgusting bs like this.

Deal with it. Pride was a circus show with pro wrestling and fake fights. The UFC proved that Japanese fighters can't hang with real competition.

You are beyond dumb and you obviously don't get the point.

Back