"Yushin Okami is the best fighter to ever come out of Japan."

Okami is a talented fighter, he will get fights in Bellator and finish out his career strong. I feel that his contract must have been up and the UFC didnt want to pay the man.

bellator isnt signing ex ufc fighters

why bellator would sign him anyway, its just like fitch situation, expensive and boring fighter

Best fighter to come out of japan is Gomi. they just didnt get him when he was in his prime. although hes older he still kicking ass (Diego Sanchez).

why bellator would sign him anyway, its just like fitch situation, expensive and boring fighter

Marcus Davis, John Alessio and Rich Clementi are all fighting for them tonight. And then there's those two guys on the PPV.

They don't want Okami because he would go in there and smash everyone except *MAYBE* Shlemenko, and make Bellator look bad.

531957_205466006293707_1044215598_n.jpg

you can be the best from a country and get cut

why is that hard to understand

UFC is killing this sport. This is a disgrace. He may not be the most exciting MW out there, but he is one of the best at 185, for sure. Disgusting.

The UFC *IS* the sport now...

And I hope that short sighted people who spouted the 'I want one major org so all the best can fight each other now' line are happy with the reality we face now.

(and a big reason that the best couldn't fight the best is because the UFC locked away their fighters and chose never to share, at least in the Post-Pride era)

And the way the rankings work now Yushin can only ever go down and never up.

With no major competitor to 'keep them honest', best get used to this.

Last edited:
"UFC is all about the best fighters of the world fighting each other"
NOT

I just watched three ex-UFC guys fight in Bellator tonight. Four fought last week. Three the week before. :icon_lol:

The best Mixed Martial Artist that Japan has ever produced:

1000511_695164600509689_437663269_n.jpg

But I do feel that it is unfortunate to see Yushin be thrown under the bus for what appears to be his fighting style, like Fitch. I wouldn't have cut them...

Also Bellator is definitely fishing for ex-UFC fighters, whoever said that they weren't is out of the loop!

Maybe Dana will cut Gomi next. :icon_neut

Very disappointed to see Okami get cut like this.

The "best fighter to ever come from Japan" means almost nothing. Fighters from Japan are mostly terrible.

You are either a troll, clueless about Japan or all of the above.

Gomi, Okami, Sakuraba, Yoshida, Kid Yamamoto, Yuki Nakai, Minowa, Funaki, Hatsu Hioki, Akiyama, Aoki, et. al. would beg to differ with your faulty analysis.

Last edited:
The "best fighter to ever come from Japan" means almost nothing. Fighters from Japan are mostly terrible.

what a stupid thing to say...

...anyway, by this new DFW rankings don't matter we keep brawlers only system they should probably release just GSP... and a solid third of their roster.. might as well just clean house and go 'so you wanna fight' style... although the so you wanna fight promotion is hilarious and probably more entertaining. I hope there's massive backlash to this Okami BS and they just hire him back.

Saku, Gomi, Kid, Minowa, Uno, Sudo and Sato are all better than him imo. There are probably others too, you shouldn't believe everything the UFC hype machine tells you.

Minowa?!?! GTFO with that jmma fanboy bullshit. okami is far more accomplished ranking wise than any of the listed, except maybe gomi. this isnt 2004 anymore, that being said sudo is the reason i started watching mma and he's a god in my mind.

Saying that Yushin was the best fighter to come out of Japan was a silly and very untrue statement. The only reason Dana said that is because he's the only one to have success because he wasn't signed out of his prime like they do to everyone else from Japan. Plenty of good fighters who've done more than Yushin in their respective divisions. Still, what a lame cut by the UFC.

Back