Social "You're not a journalist, you're a punk" - Trump social media summit goes off about as expected

Heard Gorka talk about it on his show. Said the playboy reporter dude waited until Trump was walking off and shouted if he was going to take any questions and when Trump kept walking he said something under his breath but loud enough for everyone to hear where he called trump a fucking idiot or something like that. That’s before the video starts up and what elicited the response that was shown.
That explains it. You obviously have to defend Daddy's honor.

The Bernie people noticed too in the last election. Progressive Jimmy Dore is always ranting about how awful the media is.

Anyone that uses "Drumpf's fault!" is a mush brain. Gratz.
Trumpian. "No. Not me, you"

You're a moron.

William F. Buckley called this out decades ago. Trump has merely unhinged the most bigoted leftists who previously managed a patina of tolerant progressivism because they hadn't meaningfully been challenged. Once challenged, so many of these people revealed their bigotry in rage of self-righteous frustration. It's not like bigots stopped existing on the right, but the right has long grappled with this specter, and are self-aware of it. Leftists have no such self-awareness. They are oblivious to the consideration that their viewpoints, too, breeched rational containment, and are often the prejudicial product of a racially biased belief system. They confuse and conflate everything economic or cultural with racism itself. They no longer even feel the need to hide it. Corporate media has largely become an echo chamber of self-fulfilling affirmation in this equation.

That's why CNN is cutting off the final minutes of the Jean Carroll interview before they upload the clip to YouTube where she says that Trump's "rape" of her "wasn't violent", that she didn't see herself as a victim, and that she thought most people thought of rape as "sexy". It's why they conspicuously never bothered to upload the disastrous Camerota interview at all. It doesn't conform to their agenda, and the rhetoric they require to impose on the public in order to achieve that agenda. They don't want people informed. They will not relent from hammering their racist, sexist ideology because it has proven so successful towards their political ends which are chiefly rooted in a desire for a revolutionary economic redistribution of wealth. It's an inversion of the southern strategy. They seek to stoke outrage without genuine engagement or reflection. Aziz Ansari meditated on this beautifully in his recent standup special.

This is apparent because no matter what evidence is presented to them as a matter of substance they will attack the source, exactly as Trump did does, ironically, despite that he is the supreme object of their contempt. This thread is another example of that.
This is just another way of saying Trump isn't the liar, the media is. How dumber down are we gonna get here? The media always been biased, now for the sake of emphasis and argument, they're not just biased, they're the enemy of the people.

Nothing changed but Trump. Period. Blaming the "unhinged left" (which is annoying segment of the population) for sociopathic lying by Trump is ridiculous. It's always spun as "he's triggered the left"...yeah, he's an awful human being, mediocre person generally and will lie about literally anything for personal gain.

The media is the same as it has always been and trusting Trump over the NYT is borderline insane.

I do agree the media bosses have an agenda (each ones has a different one, in fact) but I think calling it leftism and economic redistribution is wrong, multi-billion companies do not want redistribution of wealth. I think it is, in fact, counter-productive as it can be easily countered.
Of course they do. They simply want it redistributed to others who have a shared identity, and that's where things like racism and sexism come into play. Again, this is the southern strategy inverted.
This is just another way of saying Trump isn't the liar, the media is. How dumber down are we gonna get here? The media always been biased, now for the sake of emphasis and argument, they're not just biased, they're the enemy of the people.

Nothing changed but Trump. Period.
No, it's a way of saying that Trump's lies trolled the media into not caring to anymore conceal their own. Buckley has been confirmed a super-genius decades later.

When

Ripskater suggested Obama would do this, he was laughed at an mocked. Just saying.

How exactly do you believe he'd stay in office longer than 2 terms?
I don't think he would ultimately be able to. I do seriously think he would do anything in his power to try. He has no care for the rule of law.

The citizenship question is a recent example. The Supreme Court ruled against him but he didn't care and declared he would find a way to include the question anyway. In the end he was forced to abide by the law but not willingly.

Of course they do. They simply want it redistributed to others who have a shared identity, and that's where things like racism and sexism come into play. Again, this is the southern strategy inverted.

No, it's a way of saying that Trump's lies trolled the media into not caring to anymore conceal their own. Buckley has been confirmed a super-genius decades later.
Trump is just a genius troll and he "owned" the libs...yeah yeah. Gimme a break.

Trump is just a genius troll and he "owned" the libs...yeah yeah. Gimme a break.
I called Buckley the genius, not Trump, but on some level Trump has to be given credit for having the moxie to stare them down which melted their affected composure.

In a less amusing twist, Gorka followed that up by nearly instigating a physical altercation on White House grounds with a member of the White House press corps.

Karem is just lucky Gorka didn't break out the three piece and soda. Very lucky. Sebastian is such a badass.

I called Buckley the genius, not Trump, but on some level Trump has to be given credit for having the moxie to stare them down which melted their affected composure.
Is the media the enemy of the people?

Is a president who lies literally every day out of singularly self interested reasoning a bigger problem?

I personally think what Trump has revealed is that rules/laws don't exist in the concrete manner most previously assumed. This is DEEPLY corrosive to the fabric of civilization. No hyperbole either, and I think there is a huge appeal based on this and an anarchist bent to his followers...most of which have zero clue what rules, laws and norms insofar as they are willfully accepted by authority and the public do for a society.

There are no rules intrinsic to human behavior, I know this as an avid student of history. Think of it like this, it's exactly the same as people stop believe a dollar is worth a dollar. The media being hyper critical of Trump is, whether by design or more likely accident, is exactly the right response.

Interesting questions.

I don't think he would ultimately be able to. I do seriously think he would do anything in his power to try. He has no care for the rule of law.

The citizenship question is a recent example. The Supreme Court ruled against him but he didn't care and declared he would find a way to include the question anyway. In the end he was forced to abide by the law but not willingly.
Do you really see him trying to do this?

That explains it. You obviously have to defend Daddy's honor.

Well, he also went on to proclaim that everyone else there attending was eager to be possessed by devils and such basically insulting all of them. So I’d equate it more with telling the loudmouth asshole making a scene in a restaurant to stfu and sit down to the applause of every other person there.

Maybe that’s just me.

Last edited:
I think that as institutions, they're focused on making money for their parent companies. They're obviously not pushing a radical agenda in any area so sure, they accept things as they are unless we're talking about deviant behavior. The news divisions are isolated from a lot of the business stuff, but they're focused on prestige and advancement and are not politically or ideologically motivated. Now someone can say maybe they *should* question the status quo or the capitalist system or whatever you want them to, but that's just not what they are.
I disagree.
Of course, they need to make a lot of money or they would just go bankrupt and hence cannot ever be very radical but I'm sure ideology of the owners and editors play a part.
I wouldn't be surprised if a news organization heavily comprised of Jewish people like CNN is more sympathetic to Israel or if one owned by a gay man wouldn't be more sympathetic to gay pride even if it meant losing a few viewers.
That usually happens in small doses, and if there's a huge backlash they tone it down.
There are also some direct benefits to the institution, they will probably not support(maybe not covering him at all) a guy who opposes freedom of the press and they might prefer to support a guy who defends cutting taxes to news orgs.
They could also get direct bribes from politicians, domestic and foreign to push a view. I wouldn't discount that possibility.
I do agree there is no crazy communist conspiracy among the MSM because that's ridiculous and makes no sense, at most there are a few editors with leftist sympathies that may put some nod to it here and there but in general communists do not control the media.

I disagree.
Of course, they need to make a lot of money or they would just go bankrupt and hence cannot ever be very radical but I'm sure ideology of the owners and editors play a part.
I wouldn't be surprised if a news organization heavily comprised of Jewish people like CNN is more sympathetic to Israel or if one owned by a gay man wouldn't be more sympathetic to gay pride even if it meant losing a few viewers.
That usually happens in small doses, and if there's a huge backlash they tone it down.
There are also some direct benefits to the institution, they will probably not support(maybe not covering him at all) a guy who opposes freedom of the press and they might prefer to support a guy who defends cutting taxes to news orgs.
They could also get direct bribes from politicians, domestic and foreign to push a view. I wouldn't discount that possibility.
I do agree there is no crazy communist conspiracy among the MSM because that's ridiculous and makes no sense, at most there are a few editors with leftist sympathies that may put some nod to it here and there but in general communists do not control the media.

Most of the MSM is publicly owned so strike out "owners." MSM editors or producers aren't introducing any slant into stories.

I'm not aware that CNN is heavily Jewish. I don't think American Jews tend to be all that sympathetic to Israel anyway (for example, they're more likely than American Christians to say that Trump is too pro-Israel).

I think a lot of hardcore politics fans don't realize how unusual they are, and can't really get their heads around how other people have other interests. It's like if you had a group of pro- or anti-ketamine people thinking, "well, of course news editors are going to insert their views about the effectiveness of ketamine into their work."

Do you really see him trying to do this?
I don't think it'll be any different than the way he acted in '16. Decrying a rigged system while accepting any help in winning including deceptive propaganda and foreign interference.

Yeah, people ITT who claim to be capitalists believe that whole industries are willing to hurt their own business to promote a secret agenda of ... reducing their own wealth and income in order to improve the conditions of the poor. These guys don't realize that the whole theory underlying the idea of a market-based economy is severely undermined if their kooky CT is correct. At least kooky left-wing theories of media bias have a plausible and internally consistent motive attached.

This is an excellent post and it articulates what I want to say very often on this subject.

Most of the MSM is publicly owned so strike out "owners." MSM editors or producers aren't introducing any slant into stories.

"Publically owned" right, as if this means anything. Do you think that :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s like Jim Acosta are doing the bidding of rightwing CEOs' or adding anything to the bottom line? He gets Xpac heat. That is to say most people are likely to just change the channel.

I'm not aware that CNN is heavily Jewish. I don't think American Jews tend to be all that sympathetic to Israel anyway (for example, they're more likely than American Christians to say that Trump is too pro-Israel).

It is, but when you have two Jews you have three opinions. Matzo flavored atheists are marginally sympathetic to Israel but many are hostile because they are either self hating or covering their asses or both.

I think a lot of hardcore politics fans don't realize how unusual they are, and can't really get their heads around how other people have other interests.

True.

It's like if you had a group of pro- or anti-ketamine people thinking, "well, of course news editors are going to insert their views about the effectiveness of ketamine into their work."

Motherfucker don't you dare say anything bad against my Lord Ketamine. I will cut you.

Yeah, people ITT who claim to be capitalists believe that whole industries are willing to hurt their own business to promote a secret agenda of ... reducing their own wealth and income in order to improve the conditions of the poor. These guys don't realize that the whole theory underlying the idea of a market-based economy is severely undermined if their kooky CT is correct. At least kooky left-wing theories of media bias have a plausible and internally consistent motive attached.

You assume that said interests are thinking with pure logic and financial interest and not at all encumbered by ideology and emotion.

Wow - so whiny! Poor little reporter got yelled at by Gorka.

You assume that said interests are thinking with pure logic and financial interest and not at all encumbered by ideology and emotion.

...they are bound by fiduciary law to exclusively think about financial interests. Operational decisions are made by boards of directors who are liable to shareholders if they consider anything other than financial interests.

The idea that boards of directors, which are groups of super rich industry leaders and large shareholders, are being driven by emotion and ideology is beyond silly.

Back