You're a booger brain if you think Ronda was overrated

She was incredibly overrated, no one is going to convince me that a fighter with only 6 UFC wins in their career is one of the best fighters in the world, I don't care what division it's in. The fact is the women's divisions are incredibly shallow compared to the men's. Ronda was the biggest fish in a small pond for 6 fights, but the pond flooded over and bigger fish swam in and ate the bitch up. Maybe you just don't want to admit how easily you are influenced and manipulated by the hyperbole used by the UFC marketing teams.

Ronda is exactly the same fighter she was 5 years ago. That is the problem. She was overrated because she was beating up soccer moms. Now the division has already passed her by.

Rondas opponents where shit.
She did have some legit wins.
Remember when ronda grabb3d a hold of alexis davis and thre her on her head and knocked her out cold?
How come ronda is so soft looking and weak latley?

People were mentally matching her up with Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor, saying she would beat most of the male 135 lb top-10.

That qualifies as overrated.
You have to factor out the obvious idiots otherwise everyone is overrated or underrated in someone's opinion

Most people thought that the hype around Ronda beating male athletes was overboard, but she was the best woman at 135 at the time. I don't think that's inaccurate

Her competition was pathetic and weak until she met the 2 women that beat her.
Tate finished Holm and Zingano finished Nunes.

Fast strikers happen to be bad matchups for her and people here (like you probably) are biased towards striking so they dismiss her other opponents.

You have to factor out the obvious idiots otherwise everyone is overrated or underrated in someone's opinion

Most people thought that the hype around Ronda beating male athletes was overboard, but she was the best woman at 135 at the time. I don't think that's inaccurate

I would wager half of the people who liked Ronda believed those things, and if half the fans liked her and half hated her, that would be 25% of all fans believed those things. We could debate where the line falls with no way to verify it either way, but imo it was a more substantial portion of the fans who believed those things than a fringe handful.

edit: As far as her being the best female at the time, I'll agree there. She was rated even better than that imo.

If you think Ronda Rousey was overrated or some type of hype train then just go ahead and kill yourself now. How could someone be hyped of overrated when they won the title and defended it 7 times? Ronda is washed up and mentally broken, but that shouldn't cloud our judgement of her whole career. She is at least a top 5 GOAT candidate with GSP, Jones, Silva, and Fedor. And when you factor in the role she played in bringing WMMA to the mainstream, becoming a cultural icon and ambassador for women in general, 7 title defenses, a string of fights that lasted under a minute, the case could be made that she is the greatest ever.

So save your "Ronda was overrated" talk because you look real stupid.

You dont know what overrated means. Someone can be successful and still overrated in terms of how good they are. Ronda was definitely overrated and overhyped in terms of how skilled she was.

the Wright Brothers was the best aerospace company and made the best airplane in the world at one point in history.

Big fish in a very small pond. She was the best relative to her competition, but that is not saying much. It's the same reason why Royce isn't on anyone's GOAT list even though he absolutely annihilated his competition for many years.

Ronda was overrated. She became overrated the moment they claimed she was a once in a lifetime athlete.

Had a good run crushing housewives and shit.

That's over now. Along with the movie career, I assume.

See, this is the kind of criticism of Ronda that is off base and unfair imo. Rousey has the best resume in WMMA. Her rival, Cyborg, has the weakest resume of any big name fighter in MMA. Yet Ronda gets criticized for fighting the cream of WMMA's flagship division while Cyborg is praised for beating Leslie Smith.

See, this is the kind of criticism of Ronda that is off base and unfair imo. Rousey has the best resume in WMMA. Her rival, Cyborg, has the weakest resume of any big name fighter in MMA. Yet Ronda gets criticized for fighting the cream of WMMA's flagship division while Cyborg is praised for beating Leslie Smith.
<{hughesimpress}><{Joewithit}>

Because for the most part she fought soccer moms and accountants.

overrated definitely.
fought 3 Real career WMMA fighters,you know those who actually are reasonably paid to train and fight?
dont have part time jobs or children to take care of?
lost to 2 of then.

Ronda is exactly the same fighter she was 5 years ago. That is the problem. She was overrated because she was beating up soccer moms. Now the division has already passed her by.

lol prime Ronda twice finished the girl who finished Holly. The fact is that Ronda was simply past her prime when she fought Holly and Nunes.

I'm not sure precisely what you want me to deal with. Your remark was asinine and I pointed that out.
You'd have succeeded in pointing something out if the discussion (or mah post) was about Ronda and Cyborg.

It wasn't. Thus your post is little more than the sound of one hand clapping. Asinine, really.

Back