Your UFC lightweight solution

Alvarez vs. Ferguson
Khabib vs. RDA II
Chiesa vs. Barboza

Either Alvarez or Ferguson for Khabib next. A rematch with RDA makes no sense at the moment.

well thats abit of a game changer lol

Alvarez vs Ferg
Khabib vs Dos Anjos 2
Barbosa vs Chiesa
Nate Diaz vs ???
RDA isn't champ anymore no point in a second Khabib fight right now. I'd rather see Ferg fight RDA before a rematch. Let Khabib fight Ferguson for the real number one contender spot or give him the shot against Eddie. I think the UFC goes with Ferg vs Khabib again.

RDA isn't champ anymore no point in a second Khabib fight right now. I'd rather see Ferg fight RDA before a rematch. Let Khabib fight Ferguson for the real number one contender spot or give him the shot against Eddie. I think the UFC goes with Ferg vs Khabib again.
they need a challenger for alvarez in the near future tho ((ideally)) that means no time for a no 1 contender and Ferg deserves it more than Khabib at this point((1 non top 15 win in 2 years, already passed up a chance for ramadan vs 6 wins with finishes and bonuses))

rematch does make sense IMO Khabib should beat him again and then that could set up Anjos vs Barboza and if RDA can avenge his loss then hes making a case for a rematch for the title.

they need a challenger for alvarez in the near future tho ((ideally)) that means no time for a no 1 contender and Ferg deserves it more than Khabib at this point((1 non top 15 win in 2 years, already passed up a chance for ramadan vs 6 wins with finishes and bonuses))

rematch does make sense IMO Khabib should beat him again and then that could set up Anjos vs Barboza
I think that challenger will be the Diaz/McGregor winner. RDA is in a tricky spot right now, don't think the UFC will give him a fight against one of the top contenders. Khabib shouldn't have to beat RDA again to get a shot if he has to beat someone before a title shot let it be Ferguson.

I think that challenger will be the Diaz/McGregor winner. RDA is in a tricky spot right now, don't think the UFC will give him a fight against one of the top contenders. Khabib shouldn't have to beat RDA again to get a shot if he has to beat someone before a title shot let it be Ferguson.
Nate would makea little bit of sense ((if he won))tho he should have at least one more in there before a title fight but Conor needs to fight at 145, the fight between them is at 170 so that should have nothing to do with the 155 title picture, Alvarez should be already looking to his first defense((Ferg makes most sense)) Khabib needs a win...former champ would be perfect for that and the fight makes sense from RDA's side of it

Nate would makea little bit of sense ((if he won))tho he should have at least one more in there before a title fight but Conor needs to fight at 145, the fight between them is at 170 so that should have nothing to do with the 155 title picture, Alvarez should be already looking to his first defense((Ferg makes most sense)) Khabib needs a win...former champ would be perfect for that and the fight makes sense from RDA's side of it
But Khabib already has a win over that former champ lol. No way that happens. It will be Khabib vs Barboza before RDA vs Khabib 2. I think it will be Ferguson vs Khabib.

I don't think Conor fights again at 145. He will likely vacate the title if he beats Nate because they'll likely give the winner to Eddie maybe even in Philly. If Diaz wins maybe Conor fights at 145 again, and they would surely make Nate vs Alvarez.

Yeah, I can see why. I mean, dude has had trouble making 170 in the past but he looks incredibly lean as of late if you check out his instagram. Here are a few recents:

Could be my eyes playing tricks, but he does look like he's lost some muscle mass.

Ferguson v Alvarez.
Khabib v Barboza for no.1 Contender.
Done.
There ya go, great solution mate!

Barboza could either fight Poirier if he beats MJ, Diaz if he beats Conor or simply wait as an injury/UASADA alternate for RDA/Khabib or Ferguson/Alvarez.

The top of LW is a bit of a logjam at the moment, Barboza beating Gil in a very strong performace makes it even tighter. I do think Khabib's lack of activity should preclude him getting a title shot and I also don't think the Conor/Diaz winner deserves it either, especially if the winner is Conor.

Eddie vs khabib
Ferguson vs Barboza
Rda just got knocked out, let him rest a little and then have him fight someone for the number onr contender spot. And yeah diaz might get the title shot before all these guys (if he is interested, which doesn't necessarily seem to be the case), mcgregor has to fight for the 145 belt, only way he fights for lw belt (if he beats diaz) is vacating fw belt

How much say does Eddie have in picking an opponent? They get some decision power right? He's said publicly that he wants the winner of Conor-Nate next and I think Nate wins that one. My whole solution kind of hinges on him winning though because here's what I'd want to see:

Alvarez vs Nate (If Conor wins supposedly he goes back to defend the belt)
If Conor does win, then the shot should go to Ferguson next IMO, I'm not a big fan of Khabib

Ferguson vs RDA
Khabib vs Barboza

Stylistically, I'd like to see these fights, though with RDA in the mix it might not make the picture any clearer if he beats Ferguson. I'd really like to Barboza take Khabib down a peg though.

Do Ferguson vs Khabib in September and have the winner fight Eddie in December/January.

Back