Your UFC lightweight solution

If they do that it's better, because Ferguson vs Khabib is one of the best fights to make right now.

Those fights are all good, but if Conor doesn't defend that belt after this Nate fight, they HAVE to strip it.
I think they will. I don't see Conor ever going back to 145. They'll just make Aldo's belt the undisputed or have him fight Holloway and the winner's belt becomes the undisputed.

I fully support this post.
post-49619-james-franco-thank-you-gif-Img-qx6r.gif

I think they will. I don't see Conor ever going back to 145. They'll just make Aldo's belt the undisputed or have him fight Holloway and the winner's belt becomes the undisputed.
Yea I also don't see him making 145 again. Oh well, tons of good fights for him at 155.

Lol. Under your scenario who would you like to see RDA fight? It's really hard to make a bad fight in this division.
Shit, how did I forget about RDA. May sound like it doesn't make sense but if Thiago Alves beats Iaquinta I'd love to see Alves vs. dos Anjos.

Shit, how did I forget about RDA. May sound like it doesn't make sense but if Thiago Alves beats Iaquinta I'd love to see Alves vs. dos Anjos.
I'm still having a hard time believing Alves can make 155 and not be completely depleted. It would be great if he can, guy is awesome to watch, but that's gotta be a hell of a cut. But then again, Rumble fought at 170, so who the hell knows.

I'm still having a hard time believing Alves can make 155 and not be completely depleted. It would be great if he can, guy is awesome to watch, but that's gotta be a hell of a cut. But then again, Rumble fought at 170, so who the hell knows.
Yeah, I can see why. I mean, dude has had trouble making 170 in the past but he looks incredibly lean as of late if you check out his instagram. Here are a few recents:

Alvarez vs. Diaz/McGregor winner
Ferguson vs. Numagomedov
RDA vs. Barboza
Brooks vs. Chiesa
Melendez vs. Dariush
Iaquinta vs. Magomedov
I might as well give some reasoning for my choices in post above.

The winner of Diaz/McGregor would give Alvarez the best combination of high level opponent and drawing power.

Both Khabib and Ferguson would be acceptable challengers, but fans seem split on which deserves it more, if either considering the level of each of their last opponents. So why not let the fight in a title eliminator?

Barboza doesnt seem interested in figjting Alvarez. So put him in with RDA, another guy who probably isnt fighting Alvarez next. But its still a fight that will keep the winner in the title picture.

If they want to ease Brooks into the title picture, Chiesa is a good fight for him. If he wins, then he is probably ready for a top ranked opponent. Chiesa also needs a big win to put himself into the mix. So I think this is a good fight for both.

Dariush needs a step up. Melendez is coming off multiple losses should be taking a step down to regroup. Either Melendez can rebound against a slightly lower ranked opponent, or Dariush can get the big name win over a higher ranked opponent to put him in that upper tier.

Rashid is arguably ready to start tbat journey from up and coming prospect to fighting in that area bridging the mid to upper tier. Not sure when Iaquinta is going to return, but he had previously done just that, and was potentially on the verge of breaking into that upper tier of LWs. I tbink this would be a good fight to boost either of them into the next level.

I'm curious how Thiago will look at LW, with Dolce I have my doubts. But it's a terrible fight for Ragin Al if he isn't depleted from the cut.

I prefer Barboza vs RDA but Dos Anjos vs Alves would be fuckin insane. I really want to see Dariush vs Duffy as well.

Those fights are all good, but if Conor doesn't defend that belt after this Nate fight, they HAVE to strip it.
I think if he beats Diaz, they might parlay that into a LW title fight. I dont think they would strip him until after that fight. That way they could say he held two titles at the same time. Then if he wins, he can give up the FW title. But if he loses to Diaz, or loses to Alvarez, then he could still go back and fight the interim FW champ.

I'm curious how Thiago will look at LW, with Dolce I have my doubts. But it's a terrible fight for Ragin Al if he isn't depleted from the cut.

I prefer Barboza vs RDA but Dos Anjos vs Alves would be fuckin insane. I really want to see Dariush vs Duffy as well.
If Alves looks good at the weigh-ins and goes out and straight fucks Iaquinta up I guarantee they give him a big, big fight like RDA in his next one. I love the sound of it, but a lot has to happen before that so who knows. I'd also love Barboza vs. RDA like you suggested my only issue is I don't want to see Barboza derailed by a guy who just lost the belt and I think RDA is a really bad matchup for him (and almost anyone else in the division). I really wanna see Barboza finally achieve that title shot. One more and he can do it. If Poirier beats MJ, Barboza vs. Poirier screams #1 contender fight.

Hell, I didnt realize Iaquinta was fighting Alves.

So that means him against Rashid wouldnt work. So there really would be a big fight for him. But there would still be a lot of appropriate fights for Rashid. Maybe Leonardo Santos?

Last edited:
Hell, I didnt realize Iaquinta was fighting Alves.
Yep, I believe its the only fight announced for UFC 205. It was supposed to happen at UFC 202 but got delayed for unknown reasons.

If Alves looks good at the weigh-ins and goes out and straight fucks Iaquinta up I guarantee they give him a big, big fight like RDA in his next one. I love the sound of it, but a lot has to happen before that so who knows. I'd also love Barboza vs. RDA like you suggested my only issue is I don't want to see Barboza derailed by a guy who just lost the belt and I think RDA is a really bad matchup for him (and almost anyone else in the division). I really wanna see Barboza finally achieve that title shot. One more and he can do it. If Poirier beats MJ, Barboza vs. Poirier screams #1 contender fight.
Yeah we are in agreement. I think RDA is one of the only guys who can beat Barboza 2.0. I don't think they will book Ferg vs RDA because RDA is capable of knocking off another contender. So I think the UFC booking RDA against someone like Alves is more probable than not.

I am with you like I said in my OP I would love to see Barboza vs Poirier or a second fight with Johnson. Barboza is not the same guy who MJ beat in their first fight.

Yeah we are in agreement. I think RDA is one of the only guys who can beat Barboza 2.0. I don't think they will book Ferg vs RDA because RDA is capable of knocking off another contender. So I think the UFC booking RDA against someone like Alves is more probable than not.

I am with you like I said in my OP I would love to see Barboza vs Poirier or a second fight with Johnson. Barboza is not the same guy who MJ beat in their first fight.

tumblr_inline_n1ye5og2Af1rtlzok.gif

It sucks he lost out on the Ferguson fight. He needs another win over a name guy imo. Who do you think he should fight next?

Lauzon should beat on him again. I'd love to watch him cry some more.

Back