Your reaction to the Cormier/Nelson fight?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was unimpressed by both Roy and DC. Roy looked horrible and DC really didn't do much for a guy that looked as bad as Roy. Can't wait to see DC's hype train end at 205.

that as much talent as DC has, he won't be HW champion

I actually enjoyed it, finally got to see some grappling on that event. Also enjoyed seeing DC completely outclass nelson in every area.

1st round -
Leonardo-DiCaprio-Cheering-In-Django-Unchained-Gif.gif

2nd and 3rd -
tumblr_inline_mfd3t0Vl061qiv5yk.gif

It wasn't awful. But Cormier looked a lot less impressive than Miocic in pretty much every way(vs Nelson).

Can't see him being a serious threat to Gustafsson or Jones.

He tore Nelson up, one of those punches finishes most guys. Problem is Roy is super hard to finish and just shells up after he losses the first round.

Which two?

Jordan/Gonzada was a generic HW fight. If one didn't knock the other out, they'd be panting and gasping for air by the end of the first round.

JDS/Cain was mostly wall-n-stall with some shots peppered in. Boring. If a lighter weight class fought like that, you'd have Just Bleed Meatheads cutting themselves over the injustice.

Cormier/Nelson was again, boring as shit.

The hyperactive, 125 pound Greg Jackson fighter put on a better show then 6 men 12 times his size combined.

little-man-syndrome.jpg

Also, Nelson's great chin makes his opponent look worse than they are.......Cormier was tagging him with punches that would have put a lot of fighters down.
Definitely this.

It wasn't the best thing to watch, but it was certainly a great performance by Daniel. He really could not afford to eat the Nelson overhand even once and he didn't. I also feel as though a lot of people fail to realize that strikes which snap a guy's head back or to the side are still significant even if they don't buckle a guy's knees and make him drop...

Good fight but pointless, Dc waste six months of his carreer

It was a good fight. I don't see what people are complaining about.

They all can't be Sanchez/Melendez.

Wasn't Cormier's fault.

Roy Nelson didn't fight, even with his taunting at the end of the fight, he still didn't fight.

Also, Nelson's great chin makes his opponent look worse than they are.......Cormier was tagging him with punches that would have put a lot of fighters down.

Nelson is pretty much tailor made to make other fighters look amazing. Look at how great Werdum, JDS and Stipe looked beating the ever living shit out of him.

I was REALLY impressed with DC.

He made Nelson look terrible. His stand up was varied, strong and with great defense.

His wrestling looked the best it's ever been. He controlled Nelson everywhere.

I was pulling for Roy in this fight, but he got out-classed.

It was an enjoyable, well-rounded fight that only educated MMA fans would appreciate. I loved it.

It was a pretty good fight. People think it wasnt good cause the crowd was burnt out after Sanchez/Melendez and didnt get into it. Use your own eyes and brain. Might be too hard for some Sherdoggers.

Wasn't excited about the fight and not surprised by the outcome.

DC at 205 should be interesting though.

At first I was like
tense.gif

But then I was like
tense.gif

Pretty much went exactly how I expected.

Not a barn burner by any means, but it was still a pretty good fight.

Roy got outclassed and totally embarrassed. Yup. Sounds about right.

Plus I got to see a few really nice techniques from a guy who at one point was the number one wrestler in our entire solar system. Did you see how far he can throw his foot behind his opponent? Shit was crazy.

in my opinion this was a stupid fight to make in the first place. nelson should just fight guys ranked from 10-20 division from here on out. he puts on the best fights when hes fighting the struves, kongos, meatheads, and and dave hermans of the world.
he gets a step up in comp. (cormier, mir, werdum, arlovski, ) and he gets his ass kicked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back